SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Even with the newest version I am still having trouble with the video freezing up when a show is recorded with one of my OTA cards.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Me too

I'm now using v2.0.1.14. It's a lot better on recordings from the HD PVR than earlier versions.

However, on recording from the HDHR it's maddening. These days I need to halt and restart Letterman 6 or 7 times per show, as the video stops on it's own. It's especially bad on Comskip Monitor's functionality to go to the end of the current commercial break (right arrow on the keyboard, I think). Unfortunately, I still can get video freezes by using the normal fast forward buttons.

I'm also occasionally still getting the circle of death in SageTV, but not so much anymore. I figured out how to run VNC server on my DVR and remotely kill SageTV. I'm now working on figuring out how to use PKill from a remote machine.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 11-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think the latest is very good for me. I just installed it last night.

latest Dshowcapture.dll and TSsplitter.ax

version 2.0.1.16 of demux file

Vista 64bit
Nvidia DualTV capture card and a HDHomerun capturing clear QAM cable

it has been working great for both SDTV and HDTV recordings.

I can skip around, and the sound and video are perfectly in sync with no hanging. maybe a little hanging in HDTV but I think it's just my system.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by egeller View Post
I'm also occasionally still getting the circle of death in SageTV, but not so much anymore. I figured out how to run VNC server on my DVR and remotely kill SageTV. I'm now working on figuring out how to use PKill from a remote machine.
I use as hot key program to run a shell program that kills sage (on the host machine). AutoHotKey is what I'm using now. I just hit <crtl><alt>k (my mnemonic for kill-sage) and wait for it to execute. The batch file is just one line: c:\windows\system32\taskkill /f /im sagetv.exe

I'm having the same problem with both 14 & 16 stopping on commercial skips. I also have a problem with sage video keeping up when I'm also recording , but that may be my firewall. Kaspersky and sage and HDHR just don't get along. Time to check out other firewalls.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage User

I too am having an issue with Sage freezing after a ComSkip. Other than that the latest version of the splitter is working great with my HD-PVR, HD Homerun, Avermedia A180, and Fusion3 recordings.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone still having problems with freezing, please submit a bug report. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed the latest version and so far, it looks good. I tried it with recorded ATSC, recorded QAM, and live SD. Commercials skipped nicely, and FF & RW didn't trip anything up yet. More testing to come...

P
Old 11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

For me the latest version had problems with skipping around in "live" recordings captured with the HDHR, producing the spinning circle of death. I think the analog capture was fine using my nVidia dualtv, but I reverted back to an older version pretty quick so can't say for certain.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razillian View Post
For me the latest version had problems with skipping around in "live" recordings captured with the HDHR, producing the spinning circle of death. I think the analog capture was fine using my nVidia dualtv, but I reverted back to an older version pretty quick so can't say for certain.
So which version are you using? Donkey fixed a couple issues to directly address problems with the HDHR recordings. It's working pretty well for me but not flawless.

I was getting a lot of what looked like dropped video frames so I'm currenlty trying out ReClock (on Vista) to fix it. However, I am having an ocassional "circle of death" and audio/video getting out of sync. I did notice once last night that the circle of death did "fix itself" after waiting for about 60 seconds once last night.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo_se View Post
So which version are you using? Donkey fixed a couple issues to directly address problems with the HDHR recordings. It's working pretty well for me but not flawless.

I'm using 2.0.13 right now. It has a few timeline issues in it (that 2.0.16 fixed), but none of the c.o.d. problems I had with 2.0.16

Qian has about 2 dozen log files from me covering all the versions. I'll keep my fingers crossed for 2.0.17 (assuming I don't mess my box up performing upgrades this weekend)
Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

I just started an HDHR show...I'll let it buffer for 10 minutes and try skipping around. Back: PBS HD had a cooking show in 1080i...skipped all around, no problems or COD's.

P
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Sage User

I have 2.0.1.16 installed and for the most part on OTA it works fine. Occasionally I'll get the circle of death and other times it takes several seconds to perform a seek. But it is still choppy coming from the HDPVR. Jusr watch the ticker on CNBCHD it is not smooth and it is blurry for some reason. PowerDVD 8 has no problem rendering the file recordings. I wish I knew how to get sage to use what cyberlink is using. I have read some posts where people say they have done that, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidgoffer View Post
I have 2.0.1.16 installed and for the most part on OTA it works fine. Occasionally I'll get the circle of death and other times it takes several seconds to perform a seek. But it is still choppy coming from the HDPVR. Jusr watch the ticker on CNBCHD it is not smooth and it is blurry for some reason. PowerDVD 8 has no problem rendering the file recordings. I wish I knew how to get sage to use what cyberlink is using. I have read some posts where people say they have done that, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Are you using Vista? If so, the problem is that you need EVR. Please see this thread:

Let Sage know you want EVR support
Old 11-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

After further testing, there is still some work to be done on this version...but I'm keeping it for now because it seems accurate. What I'm seeing:

OTA ATSC The CW, Time Delayed: Pressing FF results in about a 1 second delay before skipping (I would probably have a COD, But I disable the Time To Wait Indicator).

QAM ABC HD, Recorded: Pause at the start of play (probably with COD). Pressing FF got it playing.

I have also been able to induce a pause while skipping (I think RW) but I don't remember the file. It's like the DeMux is playing catch-up with the desired action.

P
Old 11-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Sage Expert

Does anyone know if we are going to get anymore betas on this?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I figured out what was causing my crashes. Last week I completely uninstalled and reinstalled SageTV Client on my machine. I reconfigured everything, installed the beta files. At first I couldn't get sound working. When I finally figured out which audio render I needed to use to get audio in combination with the volume coming up turned all the way down I figured out that the I get the crashes when I use the Arcsoft Audio Decoder. Any other decoder works fine. But when the Arcsoft decoder is used SageTV crashes regularly on my system when video playback is stopped.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

From the 6.5.1 beta announcement:

13. New Mpeg 2 Demultiplexor with accurate seeking (same one that's been in beta for a few months)

I'm surpised they didn't try to work out more kinks with this demuxer before the 6.5.1 beta. There hasn't been a release of this demuxer yet that I've been able to use for more than about 5 minutes before noticing one problem or another.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed the SageTV 6.5.1 beta. I had not used the new demux prior to now.

Video wise, I record OTA HDTV using a pair of Dvico cards and play back with the Cyberlink 8 decoder through a NVidia 7600GT card.

Since upgrading to 6.5.1:

I had one playback hang when I jumped back a few times. I simply stopped then restarted playback to get going again.

I watched an entire episode of CSI (CBS OTA) with no issues.

Then I was watching a recording of Law and Order (NBC) and I kept seeing a random frame from a few seconds back which got annoying.

Seems the new demux has issues only with certain formats or bitrates.

I put the old demux from the last version of SageTV back in.

I will say that, other than the glitches above, the new demux seems much snappier and responsive.

Last edited by TBacker; 11-15-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Sage Icon

Since it's a beta, it will probably be tweaked further. I hope so, I use it because it's accurate, but it does pause or hang sometimes...6.4.8's doesn't.

P
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
With 6.5.1 I am also having issues seeking. I'm going to drop back to the 6.4.8 version. Hopefully that wil fix it as WAF has fallen thru the floor.