SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Invalid security key?

Well, just tried installing the Beta 12B over my existing 1.4 version. At the end of the install, there was a windows error. When I tried running Sage, it said my security key was invalid. Tried entering it again and it said it was not a valid key. Is there a special Beta key for this? Yes, I am a registered user of 1.4.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Is there a special Beta key for this?
Nope, if you registered the 1.4 install then the beta should install fine. I'd say it has to do something with the error you got at the end of the beta install. Maybe it somehow corrupted your registration. You may have to reinstall 1.4 and reregister with it to try the beta. If you get an error this time make sure to note it and any log files created.

Somewhere around here Jeff talks about how to enter a new key into an installed version of Sage. I'll see if I can dig up that thread. It may work on the beta and save you the trouble of dropping back to 1.4 to reregister.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:26 AM

OK Here's a quote from the troubleshooting FAQ page.It talks about the SageClient but it should still apply to SageTV, just use the SageTV.exe instead.
Quote:
To enter the correct license key, open your SageTV folder, right -click on the SageTVClient.exe file and create a new shortcut. Then right-click on the shortcut and go to Properties. Then enter in the Target line at the end after the quotes a space and then the word REGISTER. The correct entry will look like this: "C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\SageTVClient.exe" REGISTER. Then you will be prompted to enter the new license key and after your correct license key is accepted, and you can delete the shortcut you just created.
Obviously you could do the same general thing from the Dos(command) prompt and avoid the need to create a shortcut. I hope this helps.
Edit:Here's the link to a post by Jeff saying basically the same thing. This was the one I remembered. I just wanted to add it since I knew Jeff talked about it somewhere in the forums.

Last edited by justme; 02-19-2004 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, will try this when I get home.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

No luck. I can uninstall the Beta and install 1.4 fine. Everything works. Tried re-registering the program and it seems to take my key fine. Tried re-installing the Beta, and it comes up with the same error message.

Old 02-19-2004, 07:56 PM

Strange, I would definitely contact Frey support and file a Bug report. Did you ever try any of the first(.10 and .11) 2 betas? If so did they do this? Either why make sure you provide all that info to Frey. Hopefully someone else here can help you in the meantime. Sorry I can't give a better answer right now.