SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Why is the setting in SageMC called "Media based backgrounds" instead of "FanArt"?
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 12-08-2008, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
Why is the setting in SageMC called "Media based backgrounds" instead of "FanArt"?
Because that's what I decided to call it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Because that's what I decided to call it.
Couldn't ask for a better reason. Thanks for all your work on this man.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a debug mode for SageMC to determine why a background is not loading for a particular movie? Ideally I would be able to see output which suggests what the name of the art ought to be

B
Old 12-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22
I noticed that the themoviedb.org has an API available. Any chance of this being used to automatically grab fan art in the future?
This all looks really cool and a great addition to SageMC. But I second the above suggestion or something like it. I have so many movies that adding fanart manually would be very tedious.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just an FYI if anyone is wondering..

The theMovieDB is a spawn of..

Meligrove.com
Movie-xml.com
MovieBackdrops.com

merging together.

So if you are wondering why all those links take you to same spot... thats why.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
This all looks really cool and a great addition to SageMC. But I second the above suggestion or something like it. I have so many movies that adding fanart manually would be very tedious.
There are plans to do this in a more manual way eventually.

In the meantime, I'm putting together several pretty comprehensive fanart packs named by movie, tv and music artist title. I'll be sharing those once I have them complete. This should eliminate much of the tedium for other users except that some of the titles might be named differently on your system then on mine which would mean you'd have to rename a few.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm putting together several pretty comprehensive fanart packs named by movie, tv and music artist title.

LOL Brent, I am doing the same thing.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
LOL Brent, I am doing the same thing.
Thats a good thing - between the two of us (and anyone else doing this) we should be able to gather a pretty good collection for everyone.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thats a good thing - between the two of us (and anyone else doing this) we should be able to gather a pretty good collection for everyone.
Saves me getting them
Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Finally got this to work. What was happening was I was downloading the image without changing the name of the file. Once downloaded I renamed the file to match the movie name and added .jpg to the end of it. I finally realized that I did not need to add the .jpg to the end of the file, doh Anywho it works now and looks awesome. Thanks for this option in Sagemc.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Is there a debug mode for SageMC to determine why a background is not loading for a particular movie? Ideally I would be able to see output which suggests what the name of the art ought to be

B
Couple of times for me it was an extra space in the title.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Sage Expert

So, if in one of my Video import folders, I have the following.

The Sarah Jane Adventures.S02E11.avi
The Sarah Jane Adventures.S02E12.avi

I have added this graphic to the FanArt\Movies folder (tried TV too but it didn't work either).

The Sarah Jane Adventures.jpg

Since it's not working, does that mean I have to create a separate background image for each episode? Or is there something I'm doing wrong (which is much more likely)?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is a really nice feature. I set it up and showed my wife and she liked it too.

I have about 20 DVD's (out of 200) and 1 TV show (The Office) done.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry View Post
So, if in one of my Video import folders, I have the following.

The Sarah Jane Adventures.S02E11.avi
The Sarah Jane Adventures.S02E12.avi

I have added this graphic to the FanArt\Movies folder (tried TV too but it didn't work either).

The Sarah Jane Adventures.jpg

Since it's not working, does that mean I have to create a separate background image for each episode? Or is there something I'm doing wrong (which is much more likely)?
You can place the fanart in the same folder as the TV shows but name it background.jpg instead.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You can place the fanart in the same folder as the TV shows but name it background.jpg instead.
But both episode 11 and episode 12 are in the same folder, along with several other shows.

This would work if the fanart thing ignored the ".S02E11" and ".S02E12". If it worked such that you could have "Show Name.Any Text.avi" (or .mkv or whatever), and if you had a fanart called "Show Name.jpg", the program would use it.

Not that I would want to go this route, but if I put the two AVI files into a folder titled "The Sarah Jane Adventures", would the program pick up the graphic for any AVI's in that folder? That would be an okay workaround until something like what I described above could work.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
I can not get this to work either. Trying "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"....
I am only having this issue with CSI and CSI: Miami (not showing on ep list, but showing on ep summary).. I can get the other TV shows with invalid characters working as expected...

I am using background.jpg for movies, and was wondering if there will be future versions support sub directories - ie

//server/videos/Matrix <-- background/folder pic not shown
-1/Matrix.mkv
-2/Matrix Reloaded.mkv
-3/Matrix Revolutions.mkv
-AniMatrix/AniMatrix.mkv
Old 12-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am using the copy and paste as background.jpg in each folder and it works like a charm for my movies. The music files are working good without that extra work.

My question is, when I do the IMDB search and save the image and description, the description bit sticks, but the image of the cover only gets saved once in a blue moon, so I am left with a random screenshot Sage generates for the movie cover instead of a nice cover - using the iMovie plugin by the way....

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-21-2008, 04:02 PM

Rescan the video library...that should fix the DVD covers.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

I was wondering the same thing, but also would love to see it where you could have say a groupbackground.jpg, where it's got seperate artwork when you're in a folder with multiple episodes, and possibly episode-specific artwork if you wanted to go into that much detail..

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomdog32 View Post
I am only having this issue with CSI and CSI: Miami (not showing on ep list, but showing on ep summary).. I can get the other TV shows with invalid characters working as expected...

I am using background.jpg for movies, and was wondering if there will be future versions support sub directories - ie

//server/videos/Matrix <-- background/folder pic not shown
-1/Matrix.mkv
-2/Matrix Reloaded.mkv
-3/Matrix Revolutions.mkv
-AniMatrix/AniMatrix.mkv