SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

next rev - http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry11528.aspx
Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

i cant get the settings to accept any folder, does the folder have to exist, why doesnt it accept it if the folder does not exist and just create a new folder??

i wanna try it out, but no matter what folder i typed in it's always some kind of error there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard02.jpg (76.7 KB, 233 views)
Old 12-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

The folder has to exist, it shouldn't let you save settings if it doesn't.

Double click the textbox to open a folder brower dialog to select the folder (you can create it using that).

It will create the subfolders if they don't exist.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
The application automatically appends the child folder based on media type (I'd like to eventually support TV and Music, that's why it's designed in that way).

Looks like Brent used Movies in his write up (I was using Movie), so I'll change it for the next rev.
I get the following in my log - showing a similar error:
Code:
2008-12-28 11:29:23.59 : WS: http://localhost:8129/sage/home
2008-12-28 11:29:25.02 : Fanart Dir: \\Mediaserver\HMedia\Fanart
2008-12-28 11:29:25.02 : Media Path: \\MEDIASERVER\TMedia\Movies\10 Items Or Less\Video_TS Title: 10 Items or Less SafeTitle: 10 Items or Less
2008-12-28 11:29:25.34 : Error ScanMediaDoWork: System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '\\Mediaserver\HMedia\Movies\10 Items or Less.jpg'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
   at babgvant.MetaDataLookup.ScanMedia.SaveFileResource(String resUrl, String fileName)
   at babgvant.MetaDataLookup.ScanMedia.bwFindProperties_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
2008-12-28 11:29:25.34 : Error: System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '\\Mediaserver\HMedia\Movies\10 Items or Less.jpg'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(String address, String fileName)
   at babgvant.MetaDataLookup.ScanMedia.SaveFileResource(String resUrl, String fileName)
   at babgvant.MetaDataLookup.ScanMedia.bwFindProperties_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Is that because I'm using Movies instead of Movie as my subdirectory name?
Old 12-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

did you pull down 1.0.0.2? I changed it to use Movies.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
did you pull down 1.0.0.2? I changed it to use Movies.
Actually yes - that's the version I was using from the log above. So it must be something else I did wrong...
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm working on fixing up some issues with fanart support and I'd like to add some new features. Unfortunately it is getting difficult to deal with supporting fanart in both a central location and placed with the media files.

So I propose dropping support for placement of fanart with media files and just keeping the central location. Further, I'd like to hard code the TV, Music and Movies subdirectories for each type of fanart. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Hmmm, I currently use both methods to view fanart. Movies, Music and TV shows work fine using the central location but if I aquire a tv show from other sources it usually comes in the format of chuck.s02e06.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu which I just dump in the respective tv show folder. So for fanart to work in this case I have to place background.jpeg in the tv show folder and not the central location.

This is the only issue with removing the local folder option for me and not a massive problem but its still gonna be a pain in the rectum to rename each file every time.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 12-28-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm working on fixing up some issues with fanart support and I'd like to add some new features. Unfortunately it is getting difficult to deal with supporting fanart in both a central location and placed with the media files.

So I propose dropping support for placement of fanart with media files and just keeping the central location. Further, I'd like to hard code the TV, Music and Movies subdirectories for each type of fanart. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Works for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

So I propose dropping support for placement of fanart with media files and just keeping the central location. Further, I'd like to hard code the TV, Music and Movies subdirectories for each type of fanart. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
I'm okay with this and see why it would help with the coding. I have all of mine in a central location already - although as Ben notes below there are probably several who use the local option of storing fanart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hmmm, I currently use both methods to view fanart. Movies, Music and TV shows work fine using the central location but if I aquire a tv show from other sources it usually comes in the format of chuck.s02e06.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu which I just dump in the respective tv show folder. So for fanart to work in this case I have to place background.jpeg in the tv show folder and not the central location.

This is the only issue with removing the local folder option for me and not a massive problem but its still gonna be a pain in the rectum to rename each file every time.
I think the best way to handle this issue is to prepare for a move in the direction of using a central folder for all fanart, but also work towards using the IMDB database id's for the file names and probably use themoviedb.org API to access the metadata etc. While this could take more work on the front-end, it could also eliminate the "pain" required to rename fanart files to match your collection and make it easier for those who haven't done so yet.

I'm okay with just dumping the local fanart option, but thought I'd offer up a suggestion as a comprimise in case it was a possibility.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp328 View Post
i cant get the settings to accept any folder, does the folder have to exist, why doesnt it accept it if the folder does not exist and just create a new folder??

i wanna try it out, but no matter what folder i typed in it's always some kind of error there
try adding an http:// to the webserver address?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It's working for me! Pretty cool, it actually grabbed a few that I didn't have yet and only made one mistake. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
but also work towards using the IMDB database id's for the file names and probably use themoviedb.org API to access the metadata etc.
Some other usefull links in the quest for better metadata are:-

http://www.thetvdb.com/
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/

I'm sure your already aware of these but I thought I'd point them out anyway
Old 12-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
While I will humbly accept whatever direction you take as I am very grateful for all of your work, I would prefer maintaining the status quo. I use centrally located fan art for TV and music, but I could not get this feature to work well with movies and after some thought decided I wouldn't want to use that feature anyway. The reason that I like fan art to be with my movie files is that as I periodically delete movies to maintain disk space, I delete an entire folder which "gets" the movie, cover, and background image. If the background images were all located centrally, I could readily imagine the folder getting large quickly with unneeded backgrounds and therefore requiring periodic maintenance. It just seems easier to me to have the fan art in the same folder as the movie. Yes, I realize the same issues exist with TV and music backgrounds, but the rate of "churning" is significantly less as I rarely delete music and TV shows have a longer life (multiple seasons).

My $0.02.

Wes Simmons
Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

New Rev: http://babgvant.com/files/folders/sa...ntry11528.aspx

- fixed issue when generating background path (Brent's issue)
- fixed a unicode issue
Old 12-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Is there any reason why TV and Movies sub-dirs cant be merged? That way movies you record will have fan art as well as movies that are imported.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

well whatever issues i had with .2 release was fixed with .3

all working now

tnx for ur effort
Old 12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Is there any reason why TV and Movies sub-dirs cant be merged? That way movies you record will have fan art as well as movies that are imported.
I'd like to second this. I never set up subdirectories for each and so all are in one folder for me. Since I don't have many movies I could do it, but it would be simpler to avoid if possible.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
It's probably setup that way to avoid naming collisions (TV show, Music, or Movie with the same name).
Old 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

So then we have to duplicate all movie fanarts into the TV directory for any potential movies that are airing. Not ideal. I would rather have it scan both directories on a TV lookup, or just merge the two and be done with it. Just my opinion though.