SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Sage User

works great

Great addon! Installed the webserver, ran babgvant's metadata tool (1.0.0.5), and presto: fanart magically appeared. Highly recommended.

@babgvant: Could you and stuckless merge ideas to include fanart, summary, and cover downloads all in one neat 'lil utility?

EDIT: I'm day behind. TIA for the effort.

Last edited by h2guy; 01-08-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2guy View Post
Great addon! Installed the webserver, ran babgvant's metadata tool (1.0.0.5), and presto: fanart magically appeared. Highly recommended.

@babgvant: Could you and stuckless merge ideas to include fanart, summary, and cover downloads all in one neat 'lil utility?
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=281
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Hi Jason,

The fanart file name should be the Show Title with any invalid characters stripped out. So it would probably be: Grey's Anatomy.jpg

Aloha,
Mike
I'm a little confused. I have my fan art located in D:\SageTV\FanArt and then subfolders for music movies and tv. In TV, I have a file called Knight Rider.jpg. I also have the same file named as KnightRider-DontStoptheKnight-3740190-0.jpg. Niether of which are working. I'm assuming the show title is the title shown in SageTV. Am I correct? If that is the case, Knight Rider.jpg should work for all recordings for the series Knight Rider.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
I'm a little confused. I have my fan art located in D:\SageTV\FanArt and then subfolders for music movies and tv. In TV, I have a file called Knight Rider.jpg. I also have the same file named as KnightRider-DontStoptheKnight-3740190-0.jpg. Niether of which are working. I'm assuming the show title is the title shown in SageTV. Am I correct? If that is the case, Knight Rider.jpg should work for all recordings for the series Knight Rider.

Thanks for the help.
Is fanart working for you at all? Did you enable it? Are you running the latest SageMC pre-release?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is fanart working for you at all? Did you enable it? Are you running the latest SageMC pre-release?

Aloha,
Mike
Yes, fanart is working great for movies. I'm using the latest SageMC release.
sagemc_6_3_8b_6

Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, fanart is working great for movies. I'm using the latest SageMC release.
sagemc_6_3_8b_6

Thanks
Ok, then enable debug logging (see tips and tricks sticky) and post the log file after attempting to view a screen with the Knight Rider background. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, then enable debug logging (see tips and tricks sticky) and post the log file after attempting to view a screen with the Knight Rider background. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
OK, so I think I may have found the problem. It appears that sage isn't looking in d:\sagetv\fanart\tv. It actually looks like it isn't looking into any sub directories.

Please advise.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was my mistake. I actually didn't have the correct name in my jpeg. Once I corrected that, it is working great now.

Thanks for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (80.3 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by jpaddock3000; 01-08-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
EDIT: Nevermind. It was my mistake. I actually didn't have the correct name in my jpeg. Once I corrected that, it is working great now.
Glad you got it working.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post

I ran it with "download thumbnails" unchecked since I've already got all the thumbnails the way I want them for my DVDs from DVD Profiler. But it looks like it's replaced tons of my thumbnails with random thumbnails from the db. And most of the changes are not ones I'm happy with.
- don't trust themoviedb.org scoring system, weight on title match
- remove "Complete" message box
- scan results output
- fixed not respecting checkboxes issue
Old 01-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
- don't trust themoviedb.org scoring system, weight on title match
- remove "Complete" message box
- scan results output
- fixed not respecting checkboxes issue
- when run from the cmdline no gui is shown
- added exclude titles setting
- added exclude regex setting
Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
- when run from the cmdline no gui is shown
- added exclude titles setting
- added exclude regex setting
Exclusion settings enable skipping things like video conversions and family movies that won't have fanart.

Title exclusions match at the begining:

"The Wiggles" will exclude videos beginning with "The Wiggles" (The Wiggles - Food)

Regex can match anywhere in the video title (so be careful what you ask for ).
Old 01-11-2009, 01:18 AM
SageTVaholic

First of all, thanks for this add-on. I've gotten TV and movies to work great. Music however, not so much. I have tens of thousands of songs sorted into folders by artist then album. Works great for browsing, not for fan art. My id3 tags are a mess to be nice about it. Is there any way to fix my tags and organize my files in a way for fan art to recognize what is what? I'd like to keep them in the folder structure they are in, but I sure won't be going through that many files to fix tags manually. Does anybody have a utility that would work for my purposes? I've used tagrunner in the past, but I only have so much patience when nothing seems to be correct as far as that program is concerned. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I got a decent tag program called mp3tag that gets info from amazon.com, but for some reason sagetv doesn't like what it does to the tags.
Example: I have the self titled album from Aerosmith that had not tags to speak of until I fixed the tracks with this program. It now has album art and song info. Sage doesn't recognize the album art in artist view or album view. My friend gave me the "100 greatest rock song" compliation and it has cryin' from the get a grip album and fan art works on it, and I can't see what the difference in the tags is. It doesn't even have album art, and yet fan art has no problem.

What in the world is going on with this?

Last edited by panteragstk; 01-11-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Sage Expert

The only video files I can't seem to get this to work right with are my .m2ts rips from my BDs. Should this be working for those? (I'm not even talking about the auto-tool at this point, just FanArt in general.) For instance, I've got "The Dark Knight.m2ts" and "The Dark Knight.jpg" in the same folder, but the movie detail page doesn't show the Fan Art. It works fine for all of my DVDs. Any ideas?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The only video files I can't seem to get this to work right with are my .m2ts rips from my BDs. Should this be working for those? (I'm not even talking about the auto-tool at this point, just FanArt in general.) For instance, I've got "The Dark Knight.m2ts" and "The Dark Knight.jpg" in the same folder, but the movie detail page doesn't show the Fan Art. It works fine for all of my DVDs. Any ideas?
Post a debug log so I can see what it is trying to do. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Post a debug log so I can see what it is trying to do. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Here's a debug log. Starting at "13:25:15.595" you can see where it loads the video folder with about a half dozen .m2ts files in it. Then I clicked on The Dark Knight and it loaded the "background_hitman.jpg" (which is the background that I have set for the Program Info page in theme.properties. When I didn't have that property set, it would just load background.jpg.)

After I clicked on that, I backed up to my "DVDs" folder, and you can see where I clicked on the movie "1941" and it loaded 1941.jpg correctly as its background. I don't see anything to tell me why it didn't do the same for The Dark Knight. ("the dark knight.jpg" is located in FanArt/Movies, the same place that "1941.jpg" is located.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (96.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's a debug log. Starting at "13:25:15.595" you can see where it loads the video folder with about a half dozen .m2ts files in it. Then I clicked on The Dark Knight and it loaded the "background_hitman.jpg" (which is the background that I have set for the Program Info page in theme.properties. When I didn't have that property set, it would just load background.jpg.)

After I clicked on that, I backed up to my "DVDs" folder, and you can see where I clicked on the movie "1941" and it loaded 1941.jpg correctly as its background. I don't see anything to tell me why it didn't do the same for The Dark Knight. ("the dark knight.jpg" is located in FanArt/Movies, the same place that "1941.jpg" is located.)
Please download and switch to version 6.3.8b6 (see preleases sticky at the top of the forum) and post a new log file. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Please download and switch to version 6.3.8b6 (see preleases sticky at the top of the forum) and post a new log file. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Upgraded to 6.3.8b6 and it's working now. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about my music fanart problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about my music fanart problem.
Are you talking about album art or fanart? Your post above mentions a fanart problem.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Are you talking about album art or fanart? Your post above mentions a fanart problem.
Well, it is actually a question about both. My above post asked if there was a reson sagemc recognized fanart for one album, but not for another when they appear to have the same info. It also seems to have something to do with album art as well.

Any suggestions on how to best fix my music files? I'll take the time to do it, I just need a reliable utility. How did some of you other guys get your vast collections to show up correctly?