SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

What version of TME are you running? As mentioned in my previous post, when I upgraded to the newer version of TME that came with my second HD-PVR, I imemdiately started getting this error. However, as soon as I went back to the original version of TME I had been using, the error went away and everything worked fine.

I just checked my system, and I am running TME version 2.1.4.108.

Hope this helps.

Shaun
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks for your reply, I'm very new at all of this, I'm on my 21 day trial of sagetv.

If I click on Total Media Extreme, it says "Version 1.0.9.5". I click on Product update, and it says I am already using the latest version.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry, I am on 1.0.9.4 (the other version related to Total Media Theatre).

Did your copy of TME come from the HD-PVR driver disk? If so, what version is on the front of that disk? The version of TME that caused me trouble was on the HD-PVR disk labeled 2.0. The one that worked was 1.0a.

Shaun
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater10 View Post
I think my problem is I want to add, as suggested:
videoframe/aac_audio_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
videoframe/ac3_audio_decoder_filter=AC3Filter
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Video Decoder

to the sage.properties file and/or RemoteClients.properties file. But I CANT SAVE THE FILE. I get "Access to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\RemoteClients.properties.defaults was denied."
I'm not sure where your file writing error is coming from, but you do NOT want to edit any of the .defaults properties files because those are the defaults that SageTV provides and any changes you make will be overwritten during the next SageTV update installation. Besides, the one you mention is for remote clients, such as extenders, which don't use the properties that were listed.

Check out this FAQ regarding editing properties files -- for PC clients, you are looking for sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdl View Post
Sorry, I am on 1.0.9.4 (the other version related to Total Media Theatre).

Did your copy of TME come from the HD-PVR driver disk? If so, what version is on the front of that disk? The version of TME that caused me trouble was on the HD-PVR disk labeled 2.0. The one that worked was 1.0a.

Shaun
Yes, mine came from the DH PVR disk (includes Arcsoft Total Media Extreme) Version 2.1A. very bottom reads CD-HD-PVR-V2.1A

This could be my problem? How can I get an older version?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I'm not sure where your file writing error is coming from, but you do NOT want to edit any of the .defaults properties files because those are the defaults that SageTV provides and any changes you make will be overwritten during the next SageTV update installation. Besides, the one you mention is for remote clients, such as extenders, which don't use the properties that were listed.

Check out this FAQ regarding editing properties files -- for PC clients, you are looking for sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties.

- Andy
Thank you for your help. In the Program Files/SageTV/SageTV dirctory, the only 'PROPERTIES File' I have are SageTVCoreTranslations_de.properties, along with _fr, _he, _nl, which I don't think is what I'm looking for.

I'm reading through that post and Appendix A on the pdf file.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Sage User

Well, I just decided to re-install the SageTV software.

Works 100%.

Thanks everyone for your help! Slick stuff, i'm a new customer.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater10 View Post
Sorry to bump the thread...

I get the same error: "sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback."

I can view & record in the TotalMediaEtreme program, and I can 'see' a still photo of the video in sage, but I can't play it.

I think my problem is I want to add, as suggested:
videoframe/aac_audio_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
videoframe/ac3_audio_decoder_filter=AC3Filter
videoframe/h264_video_decoder_filter=ArcSoft Video Decoder

to the sage.properties file and/or RemoteClients.properties file. But I CANT SAVE THE FILE. I get "Access to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\RemoteClients.properties.defaults was denied."

I tried changing the Attributes of the folder, but it is still saying access denied.

any help please!
thank you
Not sure if this will help you...but I had a similar problem and just recently fixed it.

I downloaded FFDSHOW from the sourceforge.net website and used the AAC Codec.

Also make sure to have DirectX 9.0c installed.

Also, I used the 1.0.5.3 drivers from Haupaugge.