SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Hmm, I was with you up until "Then you can grab it" everything else is a blur. I think your talking about filtering by Season and then Episode using category and subcategory, which I maybe able to do but I cannot promise. It would proberly be easier to start with just the basics.
Just by looking through what I can do with what's available, it looks like we won't be able to find two unused fields, so I'm saying we just use subCategory and put both the season and episode in it.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just by looking through what I can do with what's available, it looks like we won't be able to find two unused fields, so I'm saying we just use subCategory and put both the season and episode in it.
Ah oki, thats cool, I can handle that. I think their maybe some more available under the Show class. But its getting late now so I'll check that out tomorrow.

edit:

I found two more that don't appear to be used within SageMC (seach returned zero results).

GetAiringOnAfter
GetAiringOnBefore

Could you also asign the channel name to GetChannel or GetAiringChannelName & parental rating to GetParentalRating

If I write something dumb please ignore it as I'm no where near as advanced as you and its going to take me awhile to learn how to use all these things.

Last edited by jaminben; 02-16-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Am I missing something or is genre info not grabbed for movies?

I don't see it in the .info, .my or .properties files that are output.

Also, and this is pretty minor, but i'm just throwing it out there...

I have some kids movies that i've recorded off TV. These have an *.edl file with them. If I let the tool rename ("/organizeFiles") the file, the .edl file becomes orphaned and I have to either rename it, or let ShowAnalyzer scan the file and create a new one. It would seem to be simple to keep the .edl filename updated if the media filename is changed.

I'm not sure a lot of people would need this, but, again, it would seem fairly easy to implement.

Matt

Last edited by matt91; 02-16-2009 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added *.edl request
Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

E.P.,
Can you add the switch: /centralFanartPath to your post #2?

This is exactly what I was looking for. Good thing I read all 12 pages

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Sage Icon

Thought I'd show you an image of what I'm getting using your tool and whats missing. It also contains another request if its at all possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg What I'm Using.jpg (418.5 KB, 317 views)
Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishallowell View Post
E.P.,
Can you add the switch: /centralFanartPath to your post #2?

This is exactly what I was looking for. Good thing I read all 12 pages

Thanks!
Opps, I get that added ASAP.

Quote:
Thought I'd show you an image of what I'm getting using your tool and whats missing. It also contains another request if its at all possible
No problem, i'll put out some new code tonight that has that.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Sage Icon

I've noticed a flaw with incorrect naming of files & TVDB, its not your scraper thats causing the problem but a file naming issue which I was hoping you maybe able to fix.

Today I got Chuck S02E14 - Chuck Versus the Best Friend which when looking at TVDB isn't being aired until 23 Feb 2009. So your scraper does the right thing and pulls in this date as the original air date, however Sage then reads this and thinks this episode doesn't exist until 23 Feb 2009. This results in the file being unplayable.

So basically its an issue with the original naming of the file as it should have been labeled Chuck S02E013 - Chuck Versus the Suburbs.

What I was thinking for a solution was if your scraper could interigate the airing date from TVDB and if it was a date in the future it would see this and think, hang on thats not right I'll change that to todays date. Even though this is incorrect it will at least enable the user to play the file.

I understand this is a very minor issue which only occurs once in a blue moon and its not your fault in anyway, but if you could somehow remedy this it would be very handy for when on the odd occasion it does happen. I'm going to assume its only an issue when importing the episode info into Sage's database and not when using .my files.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 02-17-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage Icon

Sorry to be a pain in the rear E.P but I've found another problem. When you grab the episode image and TVDB doesn't have any images uploaded your scraper seems to grab the cover art instead. An example of this can be found using Kyle XY.

TVDB

Episodes named:

Kyle XY S03E05 - Life Support
Kyle XY S03E06 - Welcome to Latnok

Sorry once again for creating problems for you.

Regards

Ben
Old 02-17-2009, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I understand this is a very minor issue which only occurs once in a blue moon and its not your fault in anyway, but if you could somehow remedy this it would be very handy for when on the odd occasion it does happen. I'm going to assume its only an issue when importing the episode info into Sage's database and not when using .my files.
I might just be able to set the episode recorded date before the original airing date.

Quote:
When you grab the episode image and TVDB doesn't have any images uploaded your scraper seems to grab the cover art instead. An example of this can be found using Kyle XY.
I don't think I ever tested that. I'll take a look and get it fixed.

Quote:
Sorry to be a pain in the rear E.P but I've found another problem.
No worries, i'm always happy for the input.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Thankyou, I look forward to your next release
Old 02-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Missing some fields....

Seems like I'm missing the following fields on all VIDEO_TS movies/folders:
category (genre)
subcategory (genre 2)
Rating: 8.3/10
Cast list (List the cast members and if you select one it takes you to yet another screen that has the cast member picture and bio)
Backstage
Locations
Quotes
Trivia

One good example is Gladiator. If I select the Gladiator in the video's area and I select the option "Edit Video Info" and then I select IMDB Search and I select Gladiator (2000). It brings back all of this meta data.

Is there any future plans to add this data or is this primarily for TV shows?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Sage User

For some reason Sage does not import the ratings in to the database even though the "Rating=the rating" is in the properties file?

Any clue as to why this is happening?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Sage User

EP, great tool.

I have a question (I couldn't find this covered in the thread, but it is getting long...)

I am having troubles finding shows that have the "&" character in the title. For example "Laverne & Shirley" My guess is "&" is one of those special characters.

I tried using the folder.override but I no luck.

Is there anything special I need to do with the "&". (unfortunately the show will not work with "and").

Thanks in advance,
chiledog
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

divx files versus avi

Hi,
just downloaded and it seems to work great..except... Itworks when a file has the extension avi, but not .divx... I rename the file to avi and it works.

Anyway to make this recognize a divx file?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
EP, great tool.

I have a question (I couldn't find this covered in the thread, but it is getting long...)

I am having troubles finding shows that have the "&" character in the title. For example "Laverne & Shirley" My guess is "&" is one of those special characters.

I tried using the folder.override but I no luck.

Is there anything special I need to do with the "&". (unfortunately the show will not work with "and").

Thanks in advance,
chiledog
FYI, I kind of got it to kind of work with "&". (ie, "Laverne & Shirley")

It found the show and created property files. But, I use the file rename option. It changed the name of the file to"Laverne amp Shirley".
Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebuilder View Post
Hi,
just downloaded and it seems to work great..except... Itworks when a file has the extension avi, but not .divx... I rename the file to avi and it works.

Anyway to make this recognize a divx file?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
FYI, I kind of got it to kind of work with "&". (ie, "Laverne & Shirley")

It found the show and created property files. But, I use the file rename option. It changed the name of the file to"Laverne amp Shirley".
I'll take a look at both of those this weekend. I've just been to busy to get anything done this week.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Here's a strange query for you. For some reason Burn Notice S02E14 - Truth Reconciliation will not import into Sage's database and appears in my imported videos folder instead. I've tried a few times to get it to import into the TV recordings but it fails everytime. Its grabing all the relevent data and images and all my other TV shows are working great its just this one. I've attached my log just in case you want to see it.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 02-21-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have had some problems importing some episodes as well. What I found worked was manually importing the few that were missed through the Web Interface. When I did this I got errors as well. The problem turned out to be a "&" character in the title information in the XML file.

I bet if you edit the XML the title will be "Truth & Reconciliation". If this is the case, you can change the "&" to "and" and it should import manually.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbot3 View Post
I have had some problems importing some episodes as well. What I found worked was manually importing the few that were missed through the Web Interface. When I did this I got errors as well. The problem turned out to be a "&" character in the title information in the XML file.

I bet if you edit the XML the title will be "Truth & Reconciliation". If this is the case, you can change the "&" to "and" and it should import manually.
Yep, your bang on Changed it, imported it manually and it now works. I then went to the TVDB and changed the episode name from "&" to "and" so it works as it should, automatically. Obviously its too late for me but it may help someone else after me, thats if they use Sage and this tool

Thanks

Last edited by jaminben; 02-20-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 AM
Sage Icon

Yep, another request...

Hi EP,

I have another request I know I'm asking a lot of you and theirs proberly not any property fields left for this but... could you somehow pull in a shows star rating. If you can get it in I can proberly use it and display it as graphic along with all my other little graphics for show info (small sample image attached). Currently the star rating is just a static image but all the other images are dynamic and change with different media content.

Many Thanks

Ben

P.s I promise this is my last request
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star rating.jpg (43.8 KB, 247 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 02-21-2009 at 05:41 AM.

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb