SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I have an issue with my dvds folder stucture video_ts it is getting the info and all okay and the backrgound art automatic is great. But it is not putting the foler.jpeg in the video_ts folder instead it is putting a poster.jpeg in the main folder?
Old 02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage User

Recursive Search

Is their a built in way using mediascraper to have it recursively search a directory for media files to generate metadata?

An example of this would be, say for instance I have all my movies in a d:\movies folder and each movie in a subfolder...ie d:\movies\action\terminator or d:\movies\comedy\liar liar. If not I can throw together a quick vbscript using the mediascraper.exe to get it done, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel...

Also I was thinking about a doing mediascraper service something akin to the comskip monitor service, what does everyone think of that?

Last edited by mphilli7823; 02-22-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
SageTVaholic

You can just drag the top-most folder onto the ,exe and it wills can all the sub directories for movies. Check out the 2nd post for usage info.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Sage Icon

sjq works well, no need for another import
Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

EP,

I think I am missing something but after reading this forum I still can't figure it out.

How do you get it to put a folder.jpeg in the video_ts folder as sage doesn't seem to grab the poster.jpeg it is putting in the main folder?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi EP,

How's the next version coming along, any news when the next release maybe? I'm really looking forward to seeing whats coming next
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey, I forgot to get back to you. I'm still working on figuring out where to shove all the things you want, I'm thinking that we might be able to use some of the unused music specific items to get what we want.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hey, I forgot to get back to you. I'm still working on figuring out where to shove all the things you want, I'm thinking that we might be able to use some of the unused music specific items to get what we want.
Sounds good, I never thought of that.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Sage User

Can you tell me why this is failing? It was working a few versions prior and I don't think I changed anything.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip scraper.zip (14.2 KB, 217 views)
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Sage User

Smile Task Scheduler: Need help with Example Command

Can you give me an example command to schedule this for "Task Scheduler"

Here is what I have running in "Task Scheduler" daily @ 2am

"C:\Program Files\SageTV\MediaScraper\mediaScraper.exe" F:\Downloads

and here is what my defaults.txt file looks like:

/genPropertyFile /genMyFile /genXMLFile /downloadFanArt /addToSageDB /baseFolder "F:\Downloads"

I want to be able to sort all the videos in this folder into subfolders automatically based off of the name of the file that mediascraper finds. My attempts at this:

"/organizeFiles /organizeBaseFolder" have not been successfull. Are these supposed to be able to do this? Or did I misunderstand something?
Old 03-02-2009, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsochia View Post
"/organizeFiles /organizeBaseFolder" have not been successfull. Are these supposed to be able to do this? Or did I misunderstand something?
You need to specify the base path for /organizeBaseFolder. Check out the 2nd post again for info.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Sage User

Still not working right

Ok I re-read the thread but I am still not gettting something right...

here is what I am doing:

this is my "defaults.txt" file:

/genPropertyFile /genMyFile /downloadFanArt /addToSageDB /organizeFiles /organizeBaseFolder "E:\Save" /baseFolder "E:\Save"

then I call command below:

mediascraper.exe E:\Save

I still am not getting any sorting or creating of folder happening, does my "/basefolder" have to be different than my "/organizeBaseFolder" ???

This does create the .my files and properties files fine, I would just like it to create a directory structure....

Last edited by lsochia; 03-02-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you email me a copy of your scraper.log at mediaScraper@gmail.com
Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the logfile. Its looks like its failing because the videos have already been processed so the tool doesn't want to try and process them again. Go ahead and delete the .properties files next to the videos your testing on and it should work start working.

Also, you're missing a lot of the info necessary for /addToSageDB, check the bottom of the 2nd post to see all of the switches you need to add for that to work.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

awesome app - thank you so much!

Small glitch in some of the generated XML files:

<person role="Writer">Dan Schofield & Ben Gruber</person>

This will NOT import into SageTV like this - it needs to be changed to:

<person role="Writer">Dan Schofield &amp; Ben Gruber</person>

I think this was mentioned earlier but I thought I would point it out again.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I saw that and am looking for a way to fix it.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Sage User

Smile Thanks, worked after deleting the files :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Thanks for the logfile. Its looks like its failing because the videos have already been processed so the tool doesn't want to try and process them again. Go ahead and delete the .properties files next to the videos your testing on and it should work start working.

Also, you're missing a lot of the info necessary for /addToSageDB, check the bottom of the 2nd post to see all of the switches you need to add for that to work.
Everything worked great after I deleted the .my files and .properties files. I removed the /addToSageDB, I love the concept, but I really do not want to run a webserver. Is there a way to use that switch without a sage webserver?

Thx alot for the quick reply, this is an amazing tool.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is an awesome program. Auto-importing into the Sage database is a nice feature. I have one issue that hopefully someone can help me resolve: the work folders for the processed files are not being deleted on my system. The log file shows the program attempting to delete them. Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried this scraper last night and I've got one oddity that I can't figure out. I was using:

/genMyFile /downloadFanArt /centralFanartPath "D:\...\Fanart"

I was able to get fan art and .my files generated for some imported videos perfectly. However, my Sage recordings are not downloading any fan art. It is generating a .my file for the files I tested but no .jpg is downloaded. More testing shows that it seems to be not identifying the specific episode and it doesn't get the .jpg files if it can't identify the specific episode.

Here are what my files look like:
LietoMe-LoveAlways-5684414-0.mpg
Generates a .my file for the generic series Lie to Me.

Manually changing my file name to:
LietoMe-s01e04-0.mpg
Generates a .my file
Downloads banner/poster/fanart into my Centeral Folder
Downloads Episode specific and poster into my Recording directory (beside the file).

So my first question is, have I changed the way Sage names my files sometime in the past to an unsupported format?

My second question, as a distant second, does the .poster file that ends up in my recording directory do anything? If it downloads one of those for every series they'll overwrite each other as the name is just "poster.jpg". I think everything I need is covered w/o that file can I disable it?

Thanks for the hlep!

Edit: I ran this in a test folder and included the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt scraper.txt (189.4 KB, 200 views)

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000

Last edited by Arioch5; 03-03-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well crap I think I just found it. Currently, mediascraper doesn't process sageTV files.

Well, thanks it still works great for imported files and I eagerly await the metadata for sagetv files.

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb