SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, you mentioned that before, but I had completely forgot, I'll try that out tonight.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi EP,

This is working great for me now. Just an FYI: I had to have both:

/downloadFanArt /downloadAllFanArt

For it to download fanart for movies and TV.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Parks And Recreation S01E01.mkv doesn't work. I've tried it with a folder.override containing just Parks And Recreation.

There is a listing on TVDB.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi (again),

Is there a reason why there is no age rating for movies in the .my file?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

EP,

2 QQ's.

1. Is the only way to use your scraper via manually dragging files to the .exe file? I was wondering if there was any plan for your scraper to be utilized from within sage (even if its only manually) to grab the metadata from Sage Recordings?

2. I'll be trying this this weekend on some sage recordings that have no episode information. Sage has been recording The Starter Wife for my wife, but with generic episode information. I found out which episodes are which so i will be moving them to a separate drive, renaming them and putting them in sub folders like this
\TV\The Starter Wife\Season 2\The Starter Wife - S02E01
Once they are renamed and moved, if i drag them onto your .exe file it should return the correct information for them and add them to the sage DB as recordings again correct? Just wanted to clarify before i started mucking around with them.

Sorry for the long questions!

Regards,
Brian
Old 04-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Is TVDB down again? I think its been offline since last night. With this in mind and the fact that my setup automatically starts a scrape when a new file hits a folder, is their anyway to have the scraper remember that it couldn't connect to the website and re-try at a later time, say 12 hours later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
1. Is the only way to use your scraper via manually dragging files to the .exe file? I was wondering if there was any plan for your scraper to be utilized from within sage (even if its only manually) to grab the metadata from Sage Recordings?
I think its getting added to the BMT tool as a provider, this should allow you to do what you want, eventually anyway.

Quote:
2. I'll be trying this this weekend on some sage recordings that have no episode information. Sage has been recording The Starter Wife for my wife, but with generic episode information. I found out which episodes are which so i will be moving them to a separate drive, renaming them and putting them in sub folders like this
Once they are renamed and moved, if i drag them onto your .exe file it should return the correct information for them and add them to the sage DB as recordings again correct? Just wanted to clarify before i started mucking around with them.
I don't see why this wouldn't work. Its no different than adding a DVD or other media type.

Last edited by jaminben; 04-11-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

I just got this up and running and I love it. I am using the organizebasefolder option, but I store my videos on 3 different drives. It looks like I have to move them to just one drive using this option. Is there a way to tell it to stay on the same drive, but organize with the season and show folders?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

I've given up on moving the files as they don't want to show up as recordings any more after moving them.

Next problem is that I'm trying to run this from DirMon2 whenever it finds an mpg or ts file. I've tried to tell it only to do this if a .info file doesn't exist. The problem is that if it can't get any data then the .info file isn't created. What can I key on to know that I've already tried to get data for a file?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I just got this up and running and I love it. I am using the organizebasefolder option, but I store my videos on 3 different drives. It looks like I have to move them to just one drive using this option. Is there a way to tell it to stay on the same drive, but organize with the season and show folders?
Yeah, once you've imported something into Sage's Database you can't move it because it remembers the path.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is the plan, but its complicated. Porting my code into a language that could easily be integrated into Sage is incredibly difficult. Although, Stuckless has given me some good ideas that i'm exploring that could make it easier and i'm exploring those this weekend.

Quote:
Yep that's correct.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
That is the plan, but its complicated. Porting my code into a language that could easily be integrated into Sage is incredibly difficult. Although, Stuckless has given me some good ideas that i'm exploring that could make it easier and i'm exploring those this weekend.
I have been using SJQ to automatically get Fanart for any movies that I record for about a month (although I haven't yet upgraded to the latest Mediascraper). I could have it get info for every show that I record but I rarely add new TV shows so I have all the fanart I need for them.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have been using SJQ to automatically get Fanart for any movies that I record for about a month (although I haven't yet upgraded to the latest Mediascraper). I could have it get info for every show that I record but I rarely add new TV shows so I have all the fanart I need for them.

Wayner, would you mind sharing your job code for the above? I'd love to do the same thing and would appreciate the head start by reusing your existing code.

Thanks!
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 04-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Wayner, would you mind sharing your job code for the above? I'd love to do the same thing and would appreciate the head start by reusing your existing code.

Thanks!
I do this too. I just setup a client rule to run mediashrink.exe with the file as the object. I don't use a batch file or anything.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Sure - here is the Ruleset:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruleset
//MediaScrape for Movies
if [IsTV=="true" && Category =*"Movie"]
{
MEDIASCRAPE
}
And here is what I have on the client:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Client
MEDIASCRAPE
{
:CPU NORMAL
"c:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/mediaScraper.exe \"%c%\""
}
Note that I only run this for movies, you could also run it for other types of shows if you wanted but I don't find that to be necessary.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thank

Thanks wayner.
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 04-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Sage User

The Venture Bros.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried putting this in the correct format for the file "The Venture Bros. S01E00 "* and don't get any info. I added a folder .override in the same folder with "The Venture Bros." and it still will not work...

what am I missing?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

rabbitslayer,

I think this happens because the program throws the "." away. I have a similar problem with a show that has a "." in the title.

Last edited by talbot3; 04-19-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does mediaScraper beta 13 write to a log file somewhere? I can't find it.
Also, when using /addToSageDB is there a way to not mark a show as Archived?

Thanks for the awesome tool Evil Penguin.

-Jeremy
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quick question EP - in order to get my saved episodes of "Curious George" scraped succesfully, I had to add the folder.override with "Curious George (2006)"

No problem there, but then when I import them in as recordings with the /addToSageDB flag, the show title is "Curious George (2006)" - any way to get it to drop that 2006?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Sage User

So far with this new beta, i'm not getting anything renamed. Did i miss a change in the defaults lines?

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb