SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome program, EP, as is MediaShrink. And I love your avatar ("It's you!")

Couple of bugs. First off, it never deletes my workFolders. This is what it says in the output:

Code:
  + Deleting temp files (Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.workFolder)
    - Deleting File: Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.workFolder
      + Deleting Folder: rmdir /S /Q "Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.workFolder"
rmdir: /S: No such file or directory
rmdir: /Q: No such file or directory
rmdir: Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.workFolder: Directory not empty
This happens no matter how I launch it - dragging and dropping a file, from the command-line, etc.

The second bug is that if, on the command-line, I launch MediaShrink on the command line like this:
C:\Media\Videos\TV\Heroes>"c:\Program Files\MediaShrink\mediaScraper.exe" "C:\Media\Videos\TV\Heroes\Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi"

It works fine. If I drag and drop the file, the output winds up in the proper directory. But like this on the command line:

C:\Media\Videos\TV\Heroes>"c:\Program Files\MediaShrink\mediaScraper.exe" "Heroes.S03E20.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi"
(notice the lack of full path)

And the output files wind up getting tossed in the C:\ directory. The workFolder windows up in C:\Media\Videos\TV\Heroes, though.

mediaScraper.defaults:
/organizeFiles /genMyFile /downloadAllFanArt /baseFolder "TV" /defaultProfile inputFile /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms"

Let me know if there's any more info that will help. Thanks!

Edit: Fixed description of the problem (my mistake)

Edit: Realized my version of mediascraper packaged with mediashrink was out of date, updated to beta13 and got the same result, using the mediaScraper.defaults:
/organizeFiles /genMyFile /downloadAllFanArt /baseFolder "TV" /defaultProfile inputFile /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /throttle 10 /maxImagesToDownload 3

Last edited by rosemary; 08-21-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: correction on behavior
Old 08-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also, I don't think is supported, so if not, think of it as a suggestion - an option to have it rename the file to just "Show 1x01" instead of "Show 1x01 - Episode Name". Sometimes the episode names of certain shows wind up being spoilers.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:49 AM

exactly what I was looking for! (small problem...)

EP,

I have been bashing my head on my desk for days trying to get SageTV to play nice with XBMC for a frontend. AFAIK your program is the only one that can take SageTV recordings (no ep/season #) and rename them with this info.

THANK YOU!

Now onto the small problem. As you posted a couple days ago, it looks like theTVDB (or Nielms webserver) must have changed a little bit, because it only occasionally matches the show, and even once I put in the folder.override file, it still is not usually getting it, and is often matching the wrong episode when it does hit. Sometimes it makes an episode that does not exist, like Anthony Bourdain 7x84, when he only has 13 shows per season and is in Season 5.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&serie...id=33446&lid=7

Is anyone else having problems with this?

I am thinking the regex needs to be changed. I was going to try to see if I could fix it myself, but had a WTF moment when I opened the TVDBGetEpisodes scraper. Apparently you are a god.

I too get no log file, and I can't seem to figure out how to log the command window results, b/c it goes away once the process is complete, even when I launch it from a command window, it launches a new command window.

B/C I am getting false matches, I tried setting the flag /useOriginalName . This does not seem to work.

Feature Requests:
The final step to make SageTV integrate with XBMC, is to set the watched flag in the Sage db, so that once you rename and move the file, Sage does not record it again. Is there any easy way to do this already (perhaps a flag in sage.properties)?

Also, I think there are a lot of potential users for your program who also would like to use SageTV as the backend for XBMC (especially now that XBMC can do HD and run on any platform). We all need to scan the Sagetv recordings, rename with SxE and move into folders. We do not need properties files, graphics, banners, etc. I am currently using:

/organizeFiles /organizeBaseFolder "I:" /useOriginalName /defaultProfile inputFile /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /throttle 10 /maxImagesToDownload 3

Are there any more tweaks we could use to make this faster?

Finally, I seemed to have an extra space in my mediaScraper.defaults.txt file here: "inputFile /findFileRegEx". I tried so many things, that I am not sure whether it came that way, but it seemed to help when I removed it ,so other people having problems might want to look at that.

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:43 PM

1st problem: regex does not work consistently on sage recording filenames

Okay, I did some more testing, by setting the throttle to 15 I can copy some of the output window before it goes away.

The first problem that I have diagnosed is that the regex on Sagetv recordings does not work consistently. I don't know much regex, the main difference is there is a subdirectory and a space in the folder name. Would either of those matter?

For the same file in two dif directories I get this:
######## Starting Processing

- Remaining Commands (16): (/use %%inputFile%%)
+ Command : /use H:\SageTV B\SuperWhy-TheMuddledUpFairytales-3566844-0.mpg

+ Target : ([0-9]*)\-[0-9]\.[a-zA-Z0-9]+$
! Failure

etc...

and then it works here:
######## Starting Processing

+ Command : /use I:\SuperWhy-TheMuddledUpFairytales-3566844-0.mpg
+ Success
- [3566844-0.mpg]
+ Success (1)
- $$airingID$$ = (3566844)

Does anyone know what the regex should read to work in both of these situations?

Thanks!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:30 PM

How to turn on logging! You can not have spaces in directory names.

I found that you can log the results with the /saveLog flag.

THis allowed me to observe this:
- Replacing: %%inputFile%% with (I:\rename these\Chopped\Chopped-AvocadoTahiniBranFlakes-2523894-0.mpg)
+ Command : /use I:\rename these\Chopped\Chopped-AvocadoTahiniBranFlakes-2523894-0.mpg
- Adding to command parameter hash
+ Key: use
+ Value: I:\rename
! couldn't understand (these\Chopped\Chopped-AvocadoTahiniBranFlakes-2523894-0.mpg), throwing it away
- $1: airingID
! Failure

Therefore, spaces in a directory name ruin the inputfile variable.

For those trying to make this work, here is my current default:
/baseFolder "I:\TV" /organizeFiles /tvSE /organizeBaseFolder "I:" /useOriginalName /defaultProfile inputFile /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /throttle 5 /maxImagesToDownload 0 /saveLog
Old 08-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

denvergeek: Not sure if this is an example you're looking for, but I've had a hell of a time getting it to recognize
Simpsons.s20e18.avi

That's even renamed from the longer more complicated name. But it just will not get the media info for that one. It got s20e19 just fine.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

theTVDB

Has something changed at theTVDB in the last couple days? MediaScraper suddenly is drawing a blank on metadata and episode names.

Are other scrapers working ok the last couple days?

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT had trouble for me on Sat evening. Found the show but couldn't get any data......
Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
Has something changed at theTVDB in the last couple days? MediaScraper suddenly is drawing a blank on metadata and episode names.

Are other scrapers working ok the last couple days?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
BMT had trouble for me on Sat evening. Found the show but couldn't get any data......
EP's scrapper was working ok for me last night, got data and fanart from TVDB.

Cheers

Ben
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

TVDB

Just a quick follow-up. TVDB seems to have recovered from the hiccup and MediaScraper is working as normal.

Thanks again EP for a great tool!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there any way we can have a switch that's just like /downloadAllFanart, in that it downloads Backgrounds AND Banners AND Posters, but does not download the .jpg specific to an Episode? I find myself running the scraper on an entire directory, and then running it again on a single episode with the /downloadAllFanart switch on, and then deleting the thumbnail for the individual episode because I don't want it, yet I do want all of the other art.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamojo View Post
Is there any way we can have a switch that's just like /downloadAllFanart, in that it downloads Backgrounds AND Banners AND Posters, but does not download the .jpg specific to an Episode? I find myself running the scraper on an entire directory, and then running it again on a single episode with the /downloadAllFanart switch on, and then deleting the thumbnail for the individual episode because I don't want it, yet I do want all of the other art.
Really? I love the individual episode thumbnails because they actually show something worth seeing rather than the randomly generated ones that more often than not show nothing.

My opinions aside, I can take a look at it tonight and post a modified .scrape file that skips the thumbnail.

Edit: Yep, its super easy, just open up theTVDB.scrape and delete these lines...

Code:
    Encode CLI #1     =?>downloadAllFanArt||downloadThumbNail<:>downloadThumbNail<?
    Encoder #1        =/insertFunction

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 02-02-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

is there a way for mediascraper to create a folder in the basefolder with the title of the movie and then place the movie inside? I switched over everything in my movies folder to be compatible with MyMovies, but I didn't know if titleformatting was possible with mediascraper.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 02-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Really? I love the individual episode thumbnails because they actually show something worth seeing rather than the randomly generated ones that more often than not show nothing.
I agree that the downloaded individual thumbnails are tons better than the ones that sage auto-generates, but I prefer the posters I download and use as folder.jpg over the thumbnails. In any case, thanks for all your work and thanks for a quick response! I just now "graduated" from just using folder.jpgs for my tv shows and specificmoviename.jpg for my movies as my ONLY art for all my media to using the latest version this scraper, and the BMT/BMI tools, along with tmirada's phoenix fanart for the default STV plugin. So before I had only a small poster, and now I have beautiful backgrounds, banners, and multiple posters for all videos. I may yet come around to preferring the individual thumbnails! Now we just need a way for sage to display multiple posters for the same video file in the standard folder view.

Last edited by megamojo; 02-03-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Just started using this program. GREAT work.

Now my problem.

File name is:
Space - Above and Beyond - S0E01 - Pilot.mkv

folder.override has:
Space: Above and Beyond
in it, which is what IMDB has. Had to do this to all my folders, because of how I named my files, but all others are working fine.

Space - Above and Beyond - S0E01 - Pilot.mkv.properties looks like:
MediaType=TV
Title=Space: Above and Beyond S00E01 -
MediaTitle=Space: Above and Beyond
Actor=James Morrison;Joel de la Fuente;Kristen Cloke;Lanai Chapman;Morgan Weisser;Rodney Rowland;Tucker Smallwood;
ActorRoles=
Guest=
Director=
Writer=
Genres=Science-Fiction;
Description=
Rated=TV-PG
UserRating=
ReleaseDate=
MediaProviderDataID=theTVDB:76509
SeasonNumber=0
EpisodeNumber=1
EpisodeTitle=

BTW, it downloaded the correct background.jpg and folder.jpg

Can you tell me where I'm messed up?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)

Last edited by MattHelm; 02-03-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Just started using this program. GREAT work.

Now my problem.

File name is:
Space - Above and Beyond - S0E01 - Pilot.mkv

folder.override has:
Space: Above and Beyond
in it, which is what IMDB has. Had to do this to all my folders, because of how I named my files, but all others are working fine.

Space - Above and Beyond - S0E01 - Pilot.mkv.properties looks like:
MediaType=TV
Title=Space: Above and Beyond S00E01 -
MediaTitle=Space: Above and Beyond
Actor=James Morrison;Joel de la Fuente;Kristen Cloke;Lanai Chapman;Morgan Weisser;Rodney Rowland;Tucker Smallwood;
ActorRoles=
Guest=
Director=
Writer=
Genres=Science-Fiction;
Description=
Rated=TV-PG
UserRating=
ReleaseDate=
MediaProviderDataID=theTVDB:76509
SeasonNumber=0
EpisodeNumber=1
EpisodeTitle=

BTW, it downloaded the correct background.jpg and folder.jpg

Can you tell me where I'm messed up?
Rename the videos to
Code:
Space - Above and Beyond - S1E01 - Pilot.mkv
and it'll work. Mediashrink uses theTVDB for all TV shows metadata, much better info/fanart.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Rename the videos to
Code:
Space - Above and Beyond - S1E01 - Pilot.mkv
and it'll work. Mediashrink uses theTVDB for all TV shows metadata, much better info/fanart.
Arg, "Space - Above and Beyond - S0E01 - Pilot.mkv" should have been "Space - Above and Beyond - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv" (see the "1" after the "S0" now)
Typo on my part, all the other series were fine. Sorry to bug you, should have caught that one myself!

Oh, thanks for the thetvdb link, now I know why my Doctor Who Specials don't work, too.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, while I'm here and thinking about it, how about a way to list a TV series out of order?

I would very much like Firefly to be in the DVD order, not the a$inine way the Fox showed them. Guess I can do that by hand, if I want, correct? Just edit the text files and file names?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Oh, thanks for the thetvdb link, now I know why my Doctor Who Specials don't work, too.
OK, I know WHY they didn't work. Now, how do I get them to work. Here is a link to one:
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&...d=450701&lid=7
I already have a "Doctor Who - S04E15 - Planet of the Dead.override" file, but what do I put in it?

BTW, there isn't a log file in the program directory, and it deletes the one in the media directory too fast for me to grab it.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

the filename should be

Code:
folder.override
and then the only thing the file should say when you open it up in notepad is

Code:
Doctor Who (2005)
Put both the episodes and the "folder.override" file in the same folder, drag the folder to mediashrink and you should be good to go.
Twitter: ohpleaseno

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb