SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Bah, its that stupid ':' again. I'll get that fixed asap.

Edit -
Quick Fix:
Go into theTVDB_episodeInfo.scrape and change this line...
Code:
# Scraper: theTVDBGetEpisodeData
#
#  INPUT : %%getSeasonXepisode%% - Season - Episode to get info for
#  INPUT : %%episodePage%%       - HTML for epsidoe page
#

Profile           =theTVDBGetEpisodeData
    Encode CLI #1     =($$episodeTitle$$[^<:]*)</title>
    Encoder #1        =/use episodePageHTML /flatten

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-22-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Bah, its that stupid ':' again. I'll get that fixed asap.

Edit -
Quick Fix:
Go into theTVDB_episodeInfo.scrape and change this line...
Code:
# Scraper: theTVDBGetEpisodeData
#
#  INPUT : %%getSeasonXepisode%% - Season - Episode to get info for
#  INPUT : %%episodePage%%       - HTML for epsidoe page
#

Profile           =theTVDBGetEpisodeData
    Encode CLI #1     =($$episodeTitle$$[^<:]*)</title>
    Encoder #1        =/use episodePageHTML /flatten
Made the change to theTVDB_episodeInfo.scrape and deleted the .properties files, but no joy:
Encode CLI #1 =($$episodeTitle$$[^<:]*)</title>

Still gives me:
Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles 2x10 - The Sarah Connor Chronicles Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point.mkv

I'm happy to keep testing...

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

EP-
It also looks like folder.override isn't working for episodes with parenthesis like The Office (US) or Battlestar Galactica (2003).

UPDATE:
Seems like it doesn't matter if folder.override is there- the shows seem to fail either way.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor

Last edited by Halstead; 01-22-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Sage Expert

First foray into this...

I have a few files that seem to be causing some difficulties... Probably due to the multiple of separate programs that have the same/similar titles:

Eleventh.Hour.S01E09.HDTV.XviD
Star.Trek.New.Voyages.S01E00.Pilot.ComeWhatMay
Merlin.2008.S01E07.HDTV.XviD

-Jason
Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead View Post
EP-
It also looks like folder.override isn't working for episodes with parenthesis like The Office (US) or Battlestar Galactica (2003)
Good catch, I'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I have a few files that seem to be causing some difficulties...
Eleventh.Hour.S01E09.HDTV.XviD
Star.Trek.New.Voyages.S01E00.Pilot.ComeWhatMay
Merlin.2008.S01E07.HDTV.XviD
The Merlin (2008) one I can probably get working but it looks like the others would need to be named more precisely or include a folder.override.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:13 AM
Sage User

Can the air date be added to the .properties file?

Again thanks for the great work!

Tim
Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 AM

Arrrrghh! Everytime I go(manually using browser, IE or FF) to TVDB to try and verify info I get a sql error and a reference to too many connections. Even if I do get the home page... The search box on the site9not your tool), will then error out. Oh well, I'll try to verify my info tomorrow.

Anyway, I was doing some tests on my Anime dir with beta6a. It's obvious your scraper hates the way I name my files. I was testing it with the shows "Angel Links" and "Banner of the Stars". I was able to verify(got thru to TVDB once) that the title for "Angel Links" is exactly as TVDB has it. I couldn't check "Banner of the Stars", but I got results once I made some changes to file names.

The files originally where of the format:
Dir structure and file name for Angel Links Episode 1:
Videos\TV\Angel Links\Angel Links-01-Guardian Angel.avi
Dir structure and file name for Banner of the Stars episode 1:
Videos\TV\Banner of the Stars\Banner of the Stars-01-Reunion.ogm

I realize this is not a standard format, so I was prepared to make some changes. However if I just ran it on that, as is, it seemed to want to treat everything as a movie and use imdb. So I decided to add a folder.override file for angel links. This resulted in all files getting a metadata file but it appears to refer to some movie. I next decided that since my file naming was so different to try some renames. I tried Angel Links-E01-* based roughly on one of your rename profiles, still no luck. So I used a renamer tool roxy99 made for me, to make my files work with his old(now broken) TV.com scraper. This tool adds "EP" in front of all the episode numbers so the scraper could recognize them. So I had a file like Angel Links-EP01-* , this too didn't work. Finally I broke down and added "S01x" in front of the episode numbers for a format like Angel Links-S01x01-* , success.

I've attached a zip file that has the test dir I was using, and your scrapers logs. I varied the filename sructure for each show, so that at least 2 files existed for each of the test examples I cited above. Also "Angel Links" had a "folder.override" but Banner of the Stars didn't. I'm sure the results above make sense to you, or at least my zip files will. Meaning, I can see why the last one worked.

So my question is....
Assuming that I "always" have "TV" in the dir path(as above) and the correct Showtitle as the parent dir(as above), or use a folder.override file. Is there some way I'm missing to make your scraper only check TVDB and work with the naming convention(where xx is the episode number) Showtitle-xx-Episodetitle.ext? If not, which I fully understand, can it be made to understand the convention of, Showtitle-EPxx-Episodetitle.ext? >EDIT The reason I say always have the proper showtitle or override file present, is that Roxy99 put these requirements on me, to be able to handle files like this and not cause issues in his old scraper. In his I used a CLI switch to cause it to use the immediate dir as the showtitle(if no override file was present) and then he could just parse for *-EPxx for the episode number. I don't know if such a method would work for yours or not, just wanted to clarify why I mentioned strict requirements like that.<EDIT

I'm not asking for anything beyond just this simple 2 digits support. Anything more complicated and I will break down and rename(where even possible) my shows and directories to use season #s. It's just that for most shows(like the 2 above) that only have 1 season and 12-25 episodes, it just seems crazy to add a season marker to them.

I'm perfectly willing to have to use a commandline switch or otherwise manually edit some profile to get this working. I understand my setup is different and not something that others(anyone?) may have. If you can point me to a an answer, I'd be gratefull. No hard feelings at all, if you feel that you have no time to waste on this.

If the answer is no, I'll likely try to make some batch file to try and do the renames, look up data with your tool and then undo/remove the season marker. I know that may seem extreme, but with most of my files burnt to DVD(hence can't change names there) it's the only other viable way besides manual creation for all my shows. ON the good side... Before such an option wasn't available to me in most cases, but thanks to zip4test's virtual copies, it should be possible. So thanks again for zip4test.

/Peace
Attached Files
File Type: zip Videos dir and logs.zip (195.7 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by justme; 01-23-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: add note about DVDs and how old scraper handled this.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Right now the way I tell the difference between a TV file and a Movie file is if I can pull out a Season/Episode number out of the file name. Since none of your shows have season numbers they are falling through all of the TV checks down to the movie check.

I'm going to move over to using theTVDB's API in the next version and that allows me to search by absolute episode #. After that I can start testing your anime and seeing how to fit it in.

Quote:
Can the air date be added to the .properties file?
Sure.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 01-23-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Sure.
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
I'm loving this tool Its renamed, grabbed fanart, cover art and the synopsis for almost all of my TV shows.

Their are still a few shows which dont work which I see your aware of so I won't go over whats already been said.

Would it also be possible to have a list of all the switches that are available for use within the defaults file placed in the first post.

Many Thanks for this

Ben
Old 01-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Sage Expert

This might be 'out there...'

Would an option to select the 'correct' choice for titles be doable? I know this is supposed to automatic, but, say, a choice to select the first 10 shows that are unable to be process due to name ambiguitites(?)?

For example, you state:

Quote:
Show names that are have conflicts with other show titles. Example: The Office (US) vs. The Office (UK).
If a 'simple', "Select (1) or (2) (or 3, etc) for title use..." AT THE END of the scraping process. This would allow the files that do process to proceed, but yet allow further input (via a switch of course...) for those PITA names?

Did that make sense? I know this should be an automatic process, but with all the work youve done on this, this may 'work'...

-Jason
Old 01-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Encoding Profiles

The profiles in this tool resemble the profiles in the video tools plugin. In the future are you planning to put in the functionality to integrate comskip and video compression into this tool.

Once again great work and thanks for the time and effort that you put into these tools. I switched from MCE because of your work.

Cheers
Thor
Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Hello,

It appears that something has changed from v5 to v6 that is preventing it from recognizing "Simpsons" = "The Simpsons". I usually don't put the "The" in the title for sorting purposes. If I rename the folder "The Simpsons" it works fine. My shows are organized:

\TV Shows\Simpsons\Season 01\Episode Name.mkv

Just FYI.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage User

Re :Mkv

Not to steal this thread, but how do you create your MKV files? Do you have a recommend way to compress the HD-PVR files to an MKV?

Thanks
Thor
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theringnebula View Post
Hello,

It appears that something has changed from v5 to v6 that is preventing it from recognizing "Simpsons" = "The Simpsons". I usually don't put the "The" in the title for sorting purposes. If I rename the folder "The Simpsons" it works fine. My shows are organized:

\TV Shows\Simpsons\Season 01\Episode Name.mkv
In v5 if I didn't get a hit right away at theTVDB, I would take the show title to imdb get its first guess and try and bring that title back to theTVDB. I'm not sure why I disabled it. In the meantime all you need to do is create a folder.override like this...

\TV Shows\Simpsons\folder.override

folder.override contents:
Code:
The Simpsons
And that will get it to use "The Simpsons" for the title in all the season folders.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This might be 'out there...'

Would an option to select the 'correct' choice for titles be doable? I know this is supposed to automatic, but, say, a choice to select the first 10 shows that are unable to be process due to name ambiguities?
Once I fix the bug in folder.overrides that is keeping () from working and re-enable my imdb double check for TV shows then all of your stuff should start working.

As for providing a list of options, its doable, but figuring out a way to add it in without over complicating the code would take me some time.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As for providing a list of options, its doable, but figuring out a way to add it in without over complicating the code would take me some time.
I'd suggest leaving the existing scriptable process as is and asking Mike and Dirk if it's possible to add in an option to run a per video metadata update. Have the per video update show the available selections and create a .override file for that show (and update it's metadata, images etc) so that it will be treated correctly by the process in the future.

Mick.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

The current release (beta6) doesn't work when there are 2 or more digits in the season number. When it encounters this, it just removes the first number and then acts accordingly. So all of my episodes of season 12 of South Park became episodes of season 2, and were renamed and given metadata as if there were from season 2. The same thing happened with the simpsons season 20, except since it because season 0 some more weird things happened.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, as my subconscious is telling me may be the case.

Edit: I suspect the problem is only in the file-renaming function, since beta5 has no issues with 2 digit season numbers, and /organizefiles is the first command I have in my defaults.txt. This is not a big deal for me personally to work around, I just wanted to make you aware of the issue.

Last edited by megamojo; 01-24-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
* TV files that don't have a separator between the season/episode (7x22 = 722) will only work when the season is under 10 (10x01 != 1001). That should make 99% of people happy.
That's a compromise I made to handle years in movie titles because I think its a more common case than a TV show over 10 seasons named in this format. I'll throw in an option where you can explicitly allow it in the next version, but it won't be on by default.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That's a compromise I made to handle years in movie titles because I think its a more common case than a TV show over 10 seasons named in this format. I'll throw in an option where you can explicitly allow it in the next version, but it won't be on by default.
But I do have a separator. My file South Park 12x01 Tonsil Trouble.avi became South Park 2x01 Cartman Gets an Anal Probe.avi.

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb