SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead View Post
Made the change to theTVDB_episodeInfo.scrape and deleted the .properties files, but no joy:
Encode CLI #1 =($$episodeTitle$$[^<:]*)</title>

Still gives me:
Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles 2x10 - The Sarah Connor Chronicles Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point.mkv

I'm happy to keep testing...
I tried the fix and it's working perfectly for me. Check to make sure you don't have any typos.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamojo View Post
But I do have a separator. My file South Park 12x01 Tonsil Trouble.avi became South Park 2x01 Cartman Gets an Anal Probe.avi.
Does "South Park S12E01 - Tonsil Trouble.avi" work any better?

Mick.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi E.P.

I've been experimenting with processing metadata for various media shares around my network and have been running into problems with the naming of the various images which are downloaded.

My appologies if I'm missing something obvious with this:

First up you should know that I'm not using a central fanart folder. At least for this scenario the naming/desired destination file names seem to be backwards.

Files for dvd's end up with MovieName_background.jpg and MovieName.jpg files in the root of the share rather than in the same directory as video_ts where they need to be to work (named as background.jpg and folder.jpg)

TV Shows in the root end up not named after the show filename blatting the same folder.jpg, background.jpg and banner.jpg files over and over.

There seems to be an assumption that TV shows will always be in a directory together, and the files appear to always be downloaded as folder.jpg and background.jpg which causes problems when episodes from different series are in the same directory.

Would it be possible to provide a command line option to do the following?

When gathering metadata for a file which is not a dvd:

Download fanart to filename_background.jpg in the same directory as the file
Download poster to filename.jpg in the same directory as the file
Download .properties file to filename.properties in the same directory as the file

For dvd's:

Download fanart to moviedir\background.jpg (in the same directory as video_ts)
Download poster to moviedir\folder.jpg (in the same directory as video_ts)

NB: I'm not sure where the .properties file should go for dvd's. There's a post here which discusses this. From this post it sounds like .properties files for dvd's should go exactly where you're putting them though I haven't seen any of them applying to my collection. This is probably just that they are all in my dvd profiler db at the moment.

Mick.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Does "South Park S12E01 - Tonsil Trouble.avi" work any better?

Mick.
Good idea, but no, that doesn't change anything. It still gets changed to South Park 2x01 Terrance Phillip in Not Without My Anus.avi. (I mistakenly before said it was the title of 1x01, but it's always been 2x01.)
Old 01-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Good idea, but no, that doesn't change anything. It still gets changed to South Park 2x01 Terrance Phillip in Not Without My Anus.avi. (I mistakenly before said it was the title of 1x01, but it's always been 2x01.)
I only ask because just today I renamed the files in my South Park Season 11 directory. They were something like "Southpark - [1102] - Cartman Sucks.avi" and were receiving no hits. Renaming to "South.park.S11E02 - Cartman Sucks.avi" did the trick. I've double checked the description for each episode and it appears correct.

Mick.

Edit: Come to think of it it was probably changing southpark to south.park that fixed the no hits.

Last edited by mickp; 01-25-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Make sure you delete the .properties file or it won't even try to get the info again.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Make sure you delete the .properties file or it won't even try to get the info again.
I did that, and I renamed them back to what they should be, and I also tried renaming it to "South Park S12E01 - Tonsil Trouble.avi". It still took the 1 off the 12, changing it to season 2, episode 1, and changed the title and got metadata for season 2, episode 1 instead of season 12, episode 1. I also tried taking out the /organizeFiles switch, and now i have a file called "South Park 12x01 Tonsil Trouble.avi.properties" that, when you open it up, says "Title=South Park 2x01 Terrance & Phillip in Not Without My Anus."

Last edited by megamojo; 01-25-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I'll need the scraper.log to figure it out, go ahead and post it.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: txt scraper.txt (602.3 KB, 266 views)
Old 01-25-2009, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, looks like I already fixed that and didn't realize it. It'll be in the next update, hopefully tonight.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
Hi E.P.

I've been experimenting with processing metadata for various media shares around my network and have been running into problems with the naming of the various images which are downloaded.
That's a how it should be working, can you post a log file?

Edit- Minus the VIDEO_TS folders, I fixed that for this version
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta7: Fix a few, make a few new ones

Beta 7's all about the little issues. Hopefully we're starting to run out of 'em.

mediaScraper 1.0 beta7
  • Show titles with () now work ex: The Office (US)
  • Re-enabled imdb first popular search for TV. Not sure why I removed this in the last version
  • Fixed fanart with VIDEO_TS folders
  • Fixed an issue where seasons 10+ weren't working.
  • IMDB was handing UTF-8 weird, so I had to do some manual translations.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That's a how it should be working, can you post a log file?

Edit- Minus the VIDEO_TS folders, I fixed that for this version
Hi E.P.

Thanks for version seven. It's working much better with my video_ts movies. I also like that it's now detecting Doctor Who (2005). Thanks heaps.

I'm still seeing the problem with shows not in a dedicated directory downloading a folder.jpg and background.jpg rather than the filename.jpg and filename_background.jpg versions.

I'll upload and pm the link for a log file showing this.

Could there be an option (or default behavior) when not using a central fan art directory to download fanart and posters as filename.jpg and filename_background.jpg regardless of whether they are in an episode directory?

Also, I notice that on thetvdb.com many episodes have an episode image. Would it be possible to download the episode image if it exists as filename.jpg?

Mick.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Hi E.P.

I've still got issues with Battlestar Galatica as it keeps grabbing data from the original series with Dirk Benedict and not the most recent version. I've tried using an override.folder and naming the containing folder Battlestar Galatica (2003). However if I rename each file Battlestar Galatica(2003)S04E011.mkv then it grabs the correct show. I also renamed all my Star Wars The Clone Wars with the year contained in the file name and that also grabs the correct data, but without the year it doesn't get anything.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or is just one of those things that we have to live with.

Regards

Ben

edit:

On a different note, what other info can you grab using .my file and TVDB\IMDB. I see in your first post that you list what it can currently support but I've been playing with studio and found a few other things that you maybe able to take advantage of like TV rating, language, first run etc. Maybe TVDB\IMDB dont support all these items and its not possible or maybe its just over-kill, I dont know. Anyway I've attached an image showing a list of all available attribute widgets that hopefully should work with SageMC and the ones that I've already got working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myFileInfo.jpg (371.9 KB, 272 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 01-26-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I've tried using an override.folder...
Well, the override file should be named folder.override, not override.folder. Could this be your problem?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, the override file should be named folder.override, not override.folder. Could this be your problem?
No, sorry that was a typo. I did use folder.override.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Intersting issue w/ v.7- it doens't seem to wat to recongize Flight of the Chonchords, whereas v.6 did. Let me know if you want me to post anything.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead View Post
Intersting issue w/ v.7- it doens't seem to wat to recongize Flight of the Chonchords, whereas v.6 did. Let me know if you want me to post anything.
Flight Of The Conchords is in my test directory, so it should be working.

FYI to everyone, I need you to post file names and\or scraper.log with bugs otherwise I have to do a lot of guess work.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
FYI to everyone, I need you to post file names and\or scraper.log with bugs otherwise I have to do a lot of guess work.
Oops, forgot about that.

I've attached my log for Battlestar Galatica.

Many Thanks

Ben
Attached Files
File Type: txt scraper.txt (280.6 KB, 246 views)
Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Code:
          + Checking: EXISTS:\\SAGEWHS\TV Shows\Battlestar Galatica\folder.override
            - Does file (\\SAGEWHS\TV Shows\Battlestar Galatica\folder.override) exist?
              + False
Ahh, UNC paths, that might be the issue. I'll test that out.

Tags
fanart, imdb, metadata, themoviedb, thetvdb