SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ummm.. where's the link? Is it there or did the moderator pull it?
Old 09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah, that would help, huh?

http://www.dvico.co.kr/Download/d_fusionhdtvdemo.asp

Enjoy!

Jason
Old 09-08-2003, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's funny.. I tried getting the dvico demo files the other day from dvico.com and there's only dead links there. I figured they took them down due to their size. I guess they just moved them and forgot to update the .com site.

Thanks for the links!
Old 09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Does anyone else here have some transport stream files they've recorded with an HDTV card? If so, I wonder if you could repeat a promising experiment I did the other day. I had downloaded the Fusion demo and some sample clips. Later, I tested Sage's ability to play transport stream files on the same machine. Unless I'm mistaken, it was able to do so using the Fusion decoder, but without time limit that their demo player has!

If this was really happening, it would be great, because the full Fusion player only works on systems that have the Fusion hardare installed, from what I'm told. But the decoder produces a great picture, even on systems with a weak processor, as long as you have the right video card. Who needs the player, when you have SageTV?

I only got as far as reporting back that, at the time at least, SageTV had no way of selecting the subchannel from multichannel streams, so I quit. I no longer have access to the hardware. Anyone want to give it a try?

p.s. Loose lips, and DVICO will sink our ship.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by rotaryracer
FYI, for those that have the newest SageTV up and running (that supports HDTV playback), here is a website to download sample *.tp files recorded with a Fusion II. Bring your translator.....

http://www.dvico.co.kr/Download/d_fusionhdtvdemo.asp

I ran the demo on my AMD 2500+ with 1GB of RAM and a 9200SE - picture quality is AMAZING on my PC monitor, however, one of the clips (bshi01.tp) has a weird horizontal judder at the top of the letterbox. If anyone pulls these down, can you let me know if you see it as well? Both of the other 2 clips I d/l'ed played fine.

Anyway, test away and report back to Narflex!

Here's the english page with the Dvico demo files, I think one is missing from this page though (2nd from the top on the Korean page).

http://www.dvico.com/hdtv/download.asp

Jeff/Dan,

You can also try to get these, I downloaded them a while ago when they had them posted on the site, looks like you need to request them now.

http://www.heuris.com/MPEGProducts/HD_samples/

When I'm back to my HTPC I'll report on how these files play.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Well I've had some time to play with the HD files again, here's my setup:
WinXP Pro SP1
DX 9.0b
Radeon 9500 (Sapphire non-pro) Cat 3.4
M-Audio Revo
P4 2.4b (533 bus)
BE7 865PE
512 Corsair 2700 LL
Sonic CP 1.5 Video/Audio Overlay
SageTV 1.4.10

Here are the results:
File Sage reported length results
Dvico files
Jang_00.tp 0 min nothing, starts then returns to Video Library
SDAD01.tp 0 min Plays, studder
SDAD02.tp 0 min Plays, studder
hdtv_demo.tp 0 min Plays, vertical black bar (see attatched), some studder
hdtv_demo2.tp 0 min Plays, vertical black bar (see attatched), some studder
jewelry1.tp 0 min Plays, vertical black bar (see attatched), some studder
jewelry2.tp 0 min Plays, vertical black bar (see attatched), some studder
scentwell1.tp 1 min Plays, studder
scentwell2.tp 1 min Plays, studder

Heuris files
STSwin32.ts 2 min Plays audio, no video
crawford.ts 2 min Plays audio, no video
emotion.ts 0 min nothing, starts then returns to Video Library
logo.ts 720p 0 min starts playing, skips to end, stays there until I force it to return to menu

All the files are 1080i unless otherwise noted. Also they all play fine in zoomplayer with the Sonic filters and elecard demux. I get the exact same behavior using both Overlay and Default.

Hope this helps.

ps. I know the attatched picture is mostly black, but the lighter area is where the picture is while playing, you should be able to see the black bar in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hdtv_demo2.jpg (22.5 KB, 387 views)
Old 10-14-2003, 08:41 PM
Sage User

When you say they "all play fine in Zoomplayer" have you been able to seek, for example FF, REW, SKIP, etc?

My experience is that the decoders all work well, including Sonic, etc. The problem is the ELECARD DMUX does not play well with all transport streams. In Philly, for example, it only works well with 2 broadcast channels, on the others it has problems. Playback is almost fine, but seek does not work properly.

Sage DMUX has similar problems.

The ONAIR HD Editor from SASEM plays back all TS files I have tried perfectly. If Sage could use that DMUX or duplicate the functionality of that DMUX we would definitely have something.

For now, I uses the SAGE ACCESSDTV beta plugin to record HD, and ON AIR to play back, and I'm pretty happy for now. I'd love it if SAGE could fix the DMUX so I could use it for playback.

Of course, I'd also love it if they had digital channels in the EPG. If they can't get them from their data supplier, then a function to map to them so we could tell it, say that ABC is channel 64.1 so when we schedule an ABC program it would tune and record the correct channel. And I'd love it if I could choose whether to use the PVR 250 or the AccessDTV to record any particular program. Then we'd REALLY have something.

Bob
Old 10-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Sage User

Bob,

Relative to remapping channels, I am using the accessDTV with Sage and some, but not all, the Chicago digital channels are listed. For those not listed, I simply choose the analog channel and then remap the channel number from the analog to the digital channel number, I think by right clicking when in the channel list. Unfortunately, some of the channels broadcast digitally their analog equivalent on a different subchannel than the one Sage displays so I get some infomercials or alternate languages and there is no way within Sage to choose the subchannel.

Re the Elecard filters, I have found when viewing in Sage that some channels work on the Elecard but not with the Intervideo and vice-versa so by changing the video filter I can watch all the available channels within Sage. But that's not very convenient.

My experience with ONAIR HD Editor for playback is also very good and agree it would be great if Sage could duplicate it.

Dave
Old 11-10-2003, 12:34 PM

Let's not forget about the HiDTV card. I have one of these and it's pretty good. I also have a HiPix card, so I would like to see both supported (well I guess HiPix already is supported to some degree).

Chris
Old 11-26-2003, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by JJarmoc
Bummer, the HiPix card is discontinued and can no longer be purchased.
There is a thread over at AVS forums announcing new SW for the HiPix card. Michael says in his post to email him to buy a new HiPix card. So, apparently they are still for sale