SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry. I read these posts thinking: someone needs some cheese with their whine. Seriously. it's a coupon. If you don't use the stupid coupon you pay the regular price. What's so difficult about that anyway

Its nice that SageTV has offered a discount on these for the first time ever. I wish I had gotten a discount on mine but you know what? I paid full price and it is one of my favorite purchases ever even then.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody11 View Post
People, it is $20 off the HD theater and $25 off the bundle. I really don't see how you could have afforded another HD theater unless you bought 8 of these. Did you buy 8 of these?
i had a $1k budget to pay for an hdhomerun, server to run sage, the sage software & the extenders. with the discount, i would have been able to get another extender & stay within my budget. so yes, i could have afforded another one without having to buy 8 units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody11 View Post
I see the idea of retroactively modifying the price when it is within the return dates and it hasn't been used because the customer can simply return the product, but beyond that, I don't see why it would apply.
they don't see it that way. mine was still in transit when i asked & got shot down...

Last edited by damage; 03-28-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

My personal opinion here...
I know there are a lot of other internet stores that post the "special code" on their websight somewhere, but I think this is really silly. If you want everyone to get it for this "special price" just change the stupid price already...

Sorry... the hoops involved in internet shopping for deals are somewhat ridiculous sometimes...

I did receive the email, probably because I selected to receive emails regarding offers from Sage TV since I think they are a pretty stand up outfit. They could have provided unique, one time codes like some other etailers.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

One last comment. Its not the $20. Its the fact that their was no obvious statement that a $20 discount was available on the order page. I have received discounts notifications in the past but did not this time. I do not have a problem with the folks at SageTV.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Sage Expert

I received the email, thought about order another one or two, and then moved on.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 03-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

I have to say, I ordered one of these last week, and the very next day I got an email from Sage with the $20 coupon code. The coupon expires April 1, which is the same day the HDTheater is scheduled to arrive at my house - April Fools on me I guess.

I would like to see a 30 day price guarantee like most retailers offer. It always stings a little when you see something go on sale a few months after you buy it (And with high-tech products you know this will happen), but it really hurts when it happens before you even receive the product!
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

bee there before

I am part of a forum of Cobra kit car builders. The manufacturer throws out big discounts ($1500 range) from time to time. When my car was in a truck headed down the road, they came out with a promotion. I called and told them to cancel my order. I told them that I would call back in one minute and reorder the car. Needless to say they saw it my way.

In your case, if $20 makes a difference, call up Sage and ask them for a return goods number. When they ask why, use the same technique. They can't stop you from returning a product and ordering the same item at the new price.

The bottom line is that companies just don't seem to "get it" on the customer satisfaction side.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage User

tahoetim, Small world! I also have a Cobra replica sitting in the garage!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Factory Five?

If you have a factory five, you know what I am talking about. I finished mine 3 years ago.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

awe bummer..

The wife surprised the hell out of me and suggested I get another HD200 to get away from the issues of playing video back on the HTPC server. I remembered seeing the $25 off coupon the other day so I logged on and saw it expired. Hopefully they will offer it again soon.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have to agree with Brent. If Sage actually lowered the price, then yes they should offer some kind of price match. But they didn't lower the price, they offered a coupon. Of course it would be nice to have saved the $20, but that's the nature of a coupon--the people who have them save the money.

Do you demand that Safeway take money out of the register and pay you because there are dozens of coupons out there that you didn't have with you when I bought your groceries?

If the coupons are that big a deal to a customer, then the onus is on him to find them before he buys.

Tim
Old 06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoetim View Post
In your case, if $20 makes a difference, call up Sage and ask them for a return goods number. When they ask why, use the same technique. They can't stop you from returning a product and ordering the same item at the new price.

The bottom line is that companies just don't seem to "get it" on the customer satisfaction side.
good in theory but they ream you with the 10% restocking fee
Old 06-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by othy View Post
Do you demand that Safeway take money out of the register and pay you because there are dozens of coupons out there that you didn't have with you when I bought your groceries?

If the coupons are that big a deal to a customer, then the onus is on him to find them before he buys.
Tim
i wouldn't care about the coupons if you bought my groceries. OTOH, i could return/rebuy @ safeway and use the coupons without a 10% penalty. costco will give cash back if a coupon comes out weeks after you bought an item.

funny how this time around there is an official announcement in the forums about the coupon.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
i
they don't see it that way. mine was still in transit when i asked & got shot down...
You can return it or refuse the order. Don't know if that happens you will still be charge shipping and handling.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!