SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Australia/New Zealand
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Australia/New Zealand SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the Land Down Under - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Australia and New Zealand.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:04 AM

Unhappy Sage TV - Melbourne Australia No Signal Issue

Hi All,

I live in Australia Melbourne, for approx 5 months now I have been using SageTV with no problems at all. However just recently I have been expierencing alot of problem when changing channels where all of a sudden I will recieve a "No Signal" Message. This message seems quite random with no pattern at all.

I have two theories as to why this may be happening:

1) The cabling in the house isnt up to scratch (however I have been using it successfully for 5 months now)

2) Since the introduction of the new HD Channels in Australia this might have thrown my channel linue up out of whack...

Now these are just theories, if anyone is epierencing the same problems please let me know. Or if you have any idea please let me know as it has been driving me crazy.

I love SageTv and its Concept and would hate for this to stop me from using it in the future or to even consider getting a Foxtel IQ as I am totally against anything Telstra lol

Thanks,

David
Old 03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Sage User

Hi,
I am in Melbourne too, and haven't had any trouble.

The key is your EPG. Who do you use ?
IceTV ? Or rely on some freeware, or the broadcasters embedded EPG ?

I use Ice myself, and as long as they keep up the guide you shouldnt have a prob.

I suggest doing another scan, and making sure you can preview your channels ok.
Can you get any channels at all ? If so, maybe the prob isnt the signal but something else ?

Good luck.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm in Melbourne and have no problem with reception.
I did have a similar problem to you and it turned out to be the aerial splitter so I replaced my cheap plastic splitter with one of these, http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productVie...r&form=KEYWORD
Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM

I suspect that is the problem also. Thanks everyone for your input it is greatly appreciated. Thanks David.

Tags
australia, melbourne, no signal