SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Generate a log file and post it here. That should help us see what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks Mike, but I think I've already hit the nail on the head. It just doesn't work the way I want it to.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Generate the log file anyway. We can't update the phoenix api to handle cases like this unless we see what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Generate the log file anyway. We can't update the phoenix api to handle cases like this unless we see what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
OK. I'll do it in the morning. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a log file will help, if an imported file has no metadata attached to it then the api can only look for fanart judged by the file name, which in this case is 24 S07 E01.mkv. As far as I'm aware the api has never been able to adjust for this as I've seen with files named Aliens cd1.mkv & Aliens cd2.mkv. The only way to make it work correctly is to add metadata to them.

Last edited by jaminben; 03-30-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (151.6 KB, 177 views)
Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Here is a question related how do you get the metadata for shows imported like this so they show up in tv section and not video section.

I have 1tb of mpegs from dvd rips I used in media center but can't figure out how to get them into tv section the have no xml data currently.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Here is a question related how do you get the metadata for shows imported like this so they show up in tv section and not video section.

I have 1tb of mpegs from dvd rips I used in media center but can't figure out how to get them into tv section the have no xml data currently.
Ah, Try EP's very cool scraper. It will add them all into TV recordings and fools sage into thinking its actually recorded them. I love this feature and its a massive hit with the wife as she can see straight away when I add a new show.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Ben I use his scrape for movies but never have for tv. Do you just put the episodes in the season folder and give them the naming convention?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ben I use his scrape for movies but never have for tv. Do you just put the episodes in the season folder and give them the naming convention?
I'm not sure what you mean. I have various folders for TV shows, Hereos, Battlestar, Lost etc which are all under one shared folder called TV Shows. These folders contain each respective show and also contain a folder.override file which helps the scraper locate the more difficult show titles. Theirs no need to separate each series as far as I know at the moment as Sage cannot distinguish between them (coming in the future hopefully). You will also need to use the SageTV web Server. Then add

/addToSageDB /userName "jaminben" /password "blahblah" /sageTVServer "192.168.0.101:19"

to your mediaScraper.defaults.txt.

It can take awhile to setup the first time (for me anyway) but once you've done it you'll love it especially if you get new TV shows each week and want them to appear at the top of the recorded TV list.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I'm not sure what you mean. I have various folders for TV shows, Hereos, Battlestar, Lost etc which are all under one shared folder called TV Shows. These folders contain each respective show and also contain a folder.override file which helps the scraper locate the more difficult show titles. Theirs no need to separate each series as far as I know at the moment as Sage cannot distinguish between them (coming in the future hopefully). You will also need to use the SageTV web Server. Then add

/addToSageDB /userName "jaminben" /password "blahblah" /sageTVServer "192.168.0.101:19"

to your mediaScraper.defaults.txt.

It can take awhile to setup the first time (for me anyway) but once you've done it you'll love it especially if you get new TV shows each week and want them to appear at the top of the recorded TV list.
OKay I don't think I was clear I seperate each episode not series. In other words I don't rip the dvd with menus I pull each episode out and convert to mpeg. Does it get episodes data or just season data?

If by episode do I have to name each jpeg file something like s01-e01.mpeg in the main folder of tv\"series name"
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OKay I don't think I was clear I seperate each episode not series. In other words I don't rip the dvd with menus I pull each episode out and convert to mpeg. Does it get episodes data or just season data?

If by episode do I have to name each jpeg file something like s01-e01.mpeg in the main folder of tv\"series name"
It does get episode/season data but you cannot sort by it, so they will appear as one big list. You also don't need to have each episode in a seperate folder but I dont think it does any harm. All you need is your top folder "Show Title" and each episode is placed under that wether it be seperated by folders or not. You can split into seperate seasons under the top folder if you want but I just have one top folder.
Using the new fanart system you shouldn't need to re-name each jpg as it will get the required data from the metadata which you just scraped.
The scraper can aslo rename all your episodes to showtitle s01-e01.mpg etc.

Last edited by jaminben; 03-31-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 AM
SageTVaholic

pluckyhd, if you have named your stuff similar to...
SeriesName - s##e## - Title.mpg, then both bmt and ep's media scraper tools should be able to pull down season and episdode information for that particular file. As for fanart, it will pull down season specific fanart, if it's available.

ep's mediascraper tools are alot more forgiving on the naming... I only look for the format listed above, but the bmt tools, allow you to specify your own "tv filename scraper" if you have things named in a different format. for example, babgvant added a tv filename scraper that worked with dvd sets, where instead of using episode it uses disc #. The metadata tools can't get episode information in those cases, just series and season information.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

stuckless and ben thanks for the extra work tonight

in all seriousness thanks allot this has been confusing and i was waiting to import until i understood it better now I think I do. Thanks allot

Now all i will need it ben's group view app
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Now if only TheTVDB would come back up everything would start working again.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Now if only TheTVDB would come back up everything would start working again.
Yeah, that certainly is a pain. I've noticed it getting quite slow alot lately.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

So, I sent a log file, and haven't heard anything.

Just to recap, is the current situation that the following will not work, no matter what I do until the API is changed:

TV series that have been ripped by me into .mkv files and imported in to SageTV as if they were MOVIES.

//movies_share/Movies/24/S07/24 S07 E01.mkv

//fanart_share/Movies/24/S07/whatever.jpg

I'm basically asking if the above background will ever show.

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Nick. We're working on it.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Cool, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something Thanks for looking at it.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Cool, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something Thanks for looking at it.

Regards,

Nick.
I assume your now using EP's scraper to do its thing and import the files into the Sage DB (I've seen your post in his thread). If you are and you have it setup correctly then you should be fine to use the new fanart system with imported/scraped TV shows/series.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I assume your now using EP's scraper to do its thing and import the files into the Sage DB (I've seen your post in his thread). If you are and you have it setup correctly then you should be fine to use the new fanart system with imported/scraped TV shows/series.
EP's scrapper doesn't yet work with the new system.