SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
EP's scrapper doesn't yet work with the new system.
Ooops, my bad, I could be using a beta version of his tool then. I can't remember which version I'm using

Sorry, ignore my reply then.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Ooops, my bad, I could be using a beta version of his tool then. I can't remember which version I'm using

Sorry, ignore my reply then.
No problem. As it happens I am using it, but just as practise until the new version appears on Sunday

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

So is there any hope for those of us that don't want to import into the Sage Database? I want my "archived" for lack of a better word TV shows to be under Videos, NOT under Recorded TV.

In previous releases I was at least able to put a background.jpg in each folder - ie

TV Shows/Stargate Atlantis/Season 3/background.jpg

And then all the media files in that folder used it as fan art.....

Last edited by bialio; 04-04-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So is there any hope for those of us that don't want to import into the Sage Database? I want my "archived" for lack of a better word TV shows to be under Videos, NOT under Recorded TV.

In previous releases I was at least able to put a background.jpg in each folder - ie

I'm pretty sure Seans BMT tool is doing this right now, using the fanart system rather than placing the background.jpg file in the show folder. I currently have a few left over which I havent imported and they all work ok, thats unless I'm missing something.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mike,

The betas you are currently releasing; do they have the fix for my TV series issue?

If not, will you be making it clear in the upcoming version(s) when the fix is there?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Nick,

If you have a movie/show in the format "//movies_share/Movies/24/S07/24 S07 E01.mkv" then my scaper tools won't actually find anything because I look for the season and episode without a space, but I'll upate the regex to include the space... but if it did work, then for that particule show the fanart location would be,

fanart/TV/24/Season 7/Backgrounds/
fanart/TV/24/Season 7/Posters/

if you want to play with downloading fanart, and see where it would "hypothetically" put fanart for a given title/show, then you can use the --offline switch. ie, when you guys give me a filename i simply run the tool with the offline flag.

I suggest if you want to play with it, then you extract the bmt stuff to a separate "play" area and then run something like,
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --fanartFolder=fanart --offline --tv "24 S07E01.mkv"
That will download the fanart for 24 season 7 into a "fanart" folder in the current play area... from there, you can browse and see if things are working or not for your named files.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, but that wasn't what I was getting at. Mike said the Phoenix api could not currently handle what I was trying to do, and he was working on changing it.

My current issue is that if I have the fanart/shows names etc. all correct, then it still does not show as the api doesn't look in the right place.

Or am I talking rubbish?

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Nick, I was trying to show you a way that you could verify if you "thought" you had the right directory structure.

As for the api, Season specific artwork depends on 1 thing. Your media file has MediaType and MediaTitle stored in the SageTV database. If BOTH MediaTitle and MediaType is not stored in the SageTV database, then Season specific fanart cannot work. You can still use non season specific fanart, if you put the Backgounds and Posters in the Series folder, ie,
TV/24/Backgrounds/
TV/24/Posters/

In the latest build of bmt (which includes an updated phoenix.jar) it will also scrape the filename for Series and Season info, IF the MediaTitle and MediaType are not set in the SageTV database. But, it will only look for "Series S##E##.ext".

If you still cannot get this work, please do some testing and PM your sageclient log so that I can review it. I did take a look at the one that you posted, and there are lots of errors, all related to an issue in IsFilePath. I'm not sure if you are running Just sagemc or sagemc and jaminben's movie info screen, but for now, i would test only using sagemc under it's narrowed down.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

bialio, I also have a mix of recorded shows and "archived" shows that are not a part of the "Sage Recordings".

As noted in the previous post, if you are running the latest sage betas that support GetMediaFileMetadata() then when your TV shows are rescanned, they will be interpreted as TV shows and it's fanart will go into the TV section in the central fanart folder. Sage will not see them as recorded shows, but from a fanart perspective, they are TV.

In order from a show to be treated as a TV show, it's filename must match the naming pattern for season and episode, which is S##E##.

If you are asking IF you can still simply use the old way of using a single fanart image for the background instead of the new central fanart folder, then that's a whole other discussion
Old 04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I did take a look at the one that you posted, and there are lots of errors, all related to an issue in IsFilePath. I'm not sure if you are running Just sagemc or sagemc and jaminben's movie info screen, but for now, i would test only using sagemc under it's narrowed down.
Thanks for pointing those out. Its fixed for the next release.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
bialio, I also have a mix of recorded shows and "archived" shows that are not a part of the "Sage Recordings".

As noted in the previous post, if you are running the latest sage betas that support GetMediaFileMetadata() then when your TV shows are rescanned, they will be interpreted as TV shows and it's fanart will go into the TV section in the central fanart folder. Sage will not see them as recorded shows, but from a fanart perspective, they are TV.

In order from a show to be treated as a TV show, it's filename must match the naming pattern for season and episode, which is S##E##.
OK - so if I say what you are saying in my own words - the phoenix.jar will recognize a show as TV and try to pull fanart from .../TV/.... if and only if S##E## is in the title of the media file.

And to get this, the bleeding edge beta's are required. I'm currently on the "shipping" version of everything (6.5.9 maybe?) and then the most recently available SageMC the Mr Maui has posted - it that beta enough? Or do I need to upgrade the server to the latest beta?
Old 04-06-2009, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK - so if I say what you are saying in my own words - the phoenix.jar will recognize a show as TV and try to pull fanart from .../TV/.... if and only if S##E## is in the title of the media file.
Yes and no.... Phoenix uses several attempts to find the best fanart match for a show. First it will look at MediaTitle, MediaType, and SeasonNumber (if tv), and if those are there, then it use it. If it's not there, then it try to pull the Series name and Season Number from the FILENAME not the TITLE (ie, "house - s02e04.avi"). This latest enhancement was added to the phoenix jar that shipped with bmt. Does that clear it up?

Quote:
And to get this, the bleeding edge beta's are required. I'm currently on the "shipping" version of everything (6.5.9 maybe?) and then the most recently available SageMC the Mr Maui has posted - it that beta enough? Or do I need to upgrade the server to the latest beta?
[/quote]
Well, the ability to store MediaType, MediaTitle and SeasonNumber were added to a recent beta, so you'll need that if you want to use a scraper to populate those fields and rely on those fields. If not, then stick with the released version and simply rely on phoenix.jar finding the correct fanart based on your filename. If things are not working as you expect, then send me a log file and I'll try to sort it out.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

bialio, forget what I said in my previous notes... the code to automatically pull out the season from the filename is not there.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Stuckless,

I still can't get it to work so I've attached another log.

Regards,

Nick.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (372.2 KB, 161 views)
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a feeling that I wasn't very clear to mention that the phoenix apis are dependent on the latest sage beta if you want to have TV support support, esecially TV season support.

BMT will download season specific fanart for TV shows if it can determine the file to a TV file, ie, it has a season in it's filename. If it does, then it will set the MediaType to TV and the MediaTitle to the Series Name. Of couse all this extra information is useless if you are not running the latest sage beta AND have configured the extra metadata fields.

So, if you are not running the latest sage beta with the extra metadata fields (which you are not), then Phoenix has no way of knowing that "24 S07E01" is a TV show. So, it will simply base it's logic on the display title, of "24 S07E01", and look in the
/Movies/24 S07E01/Backgrounds/ folder for it's background.

Potentially, you may have some success if you set the following sage property,
Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/parseMediaFileForTVSeries=true
Which will try to parse the MediaType and MediaTitle from the filename, but to be honest this is hack that will not work for all cases, and you may have to tweak the regex to better support your titles.
Code:
phoenix/mediametadata/tvSeriesRegex=[\\\\/](.*)s([0-9]{1,2})\\s*[exd]([[0-9]]{1,2})
(that's the default regex, so you don't need add this line, unless you are planning on changing the regex to suit your need)

Also, if you look in the log file, and search for your media file name, you'll see what Phoenix is using as its "properties" to find your Fanart.
Code:
Tue 4/7 6:04:05.368 FANART: Title: 24 S07E01; Type: MOVIE; Artifact: BACKGROUND; Artifacts: NONE; MediaFile: MediaFile[id=58484 A[58487,58485,"TV/24/S07/24 S07E01",0@0407.04:48,45] host=mce1 encodedBy= format=MATROSKA 0:45:41 0 kbps [#0 Audio[AC3 48000 Hz 6 channels  idx=0]#1 Video[H.264 23.976025 fps 1280x720 progressive]] \\NAS1\Video\TV\24\S07\24 S07E01.mkv, Seg0[Tue 4/7 4:48:18.800-Tue 4/7 5:34:00.000]]
In the above line, I can see that it's a Title of "24 S07E01", and it's MOVIE, and it's BACKGROUND, and that it didn't find any "Artifacts", ie, images.

So knowing what it didn't find, you should be able to get the to find it's fanart, if it were in /Movies/24 S07E01/Backgrounds/

My personal recommendation is to use the latest sage beta, configure the extra metadata fields, and then rescan your collection using bmt, so that it will seamlessly pick up the Series/Season specific fanart.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

At the end of the day I got tired of trying to make it work my way, so I did as you said and installed the latest versions of everything

It all works now (thanks) except I don't get any metadata (descriptions etc.). Should it be creating .my files or something? The images are all fine.

TIA,

Nick.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Nick, there should be a .properties file created for each media file that is processed. That's the metadata that should get imported (automatcally) into Sage.

When you say that metadata isn't working, do you for movies and TV or just the TV or just Movies?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Hi,

At the end of the day I got tired of trying to make it work my way, so I did as you said and installed the latest versions of everything

It all works now (thanks) except I don't get any metadata (descriptions etc.). Should it be creating .my files or something? The images are all fine.
Sounds very similar to the problem I have which I posted about in Sean's BMT thread. New files that get added work ok and have a .properties file, same when doing a forcefull re-index. Trying to add metadata via the plugin tool just doesn't get any metadata or .properties files.
I'll stop being lazy later tonight, get off my bum and make some logs.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Trying to add metadata via the plugin tool just doesn't get any metadata or .properties files.
What does this mean? Are you selecting an item and doing a "manual" fanart search, and then selecting a search? If so, then yeah, those items can't actually import metadata, only fanart (i thought that was documented), since there's no way to update the sage metadata until sage provides the SetMediaFileMetadata() api.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What does this mean? Are you selecting an item and doing a "manual" fanart search, and then selecting a search? If so, then yeah, those items can't actually import metadata, only fanart (i thought that was documented), since there's no way to update the sage metadata until sage provides the SetMediaFileMetadata() api.
Oki, I guess I misunderstood your post here. On a slightly different note, if I have auto update disabled, add a movie file then using the plugin via a remote on the Sage display ("manual" fanart search) will it still only add images and not metadata even though no metadata exists yet.