SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

I was excited about getting slacker integrated with sagetv...

But no matter what I do, I keep getting the following error everytime I click on the "Slimplayer" menu item in the online services:

"Error: found unresolved Classes, please ensure null is present in the JARS folder of SageTV"

I have a headless server running XP Pro, and 2 HD extenders running across a wired network, ad SageTV is running in service mode, and utilizing the "software" loopback, not hardware. I have recopied the JARs a couple of times I changed settings across all the different components that are needed to make this work. Restarted the service but that's the error I keep seeing. Can't for the life of me figure out what "null" is missing.

BTW: I just downloaded everthing today to make this work, so I have the lastest file versions of everything needed...
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Okay, nevermind the above "error"

I downloaded the update stvi file but had not copied it into the sagetv folder, done.

Now no "null" error, but the little volume bar doesn't move when using the sagetv extender remote... and I have yet to "hear" audio come through the sagetv extender...

Also, I have sagetv set up in service mode so if the power goes out EVERYTHING goes back to normal on the server computer after power is restored... what do I need to "autorun at startup" to make the slimplayer start and work when sagetv starts?

UPDATE: Could never get this to work...

Audio never got to the extender because the volume bar wouldn't move (I figured it just wasn't getting audio), also the retarded softsqueeze remote would never act right... it just sat there and blinked rapidly between what the squeezecenter was sending it and some message about "lost connection, check to make sure squeezecenter is running"... lastly the retarded softsqueeze would not play nice for whatever reason with the squeezecenter, i.e. I would start the squeezecenter (all good) start softsqueeze and the cpu got pegged to 100% and it started it epileptic blinking and the squeezecenter would crap out. Then the squeezecenter started saying something like "unable to play, try to press play again, 445 signin, end free play reached", what??? slacker radio is free!

I tried uninstalling-reinstalling-rebooting, uninstalling-rebooting-reinstalling , restoring-reinstalling (only the components to get this working) all with no luck.

All in all, I'll just plug my iphone into my receiver, this just isn't worth it. There are way too many different software components to screw up and not play nice with each other. I may try again later when I have more time, but I already wasted several hours jumping though hoops this time around.

I still want Slacker integrated with SageTV, this sucks!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?

Last edited by reboot_this; 08-01-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm in the same boat. Installed all the required software including softsqueeze, squeezecenter, une encoder And set output on softsqueeze to virtual cable 1. When I get into hd100, I see the slimplayer but no favorites show up Nd audio doesn't play. What do I need to do on the extenders to get the source setup ? When I go to add new source on the extender, no slimplayer or any other new source shows up. What am I missing? I would like to use the software loopbaxk but if I cN getthis to work, then I'll have to covert my pvr 150 or sd only hvr 1600 to hardware loopback.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
I'm in the same boat. Installed all the required software including softsqueeze, squeezecenter, une encoder And set output on softsqueeze to virtual cable 1. When I get into hd100, I see the slimplayer but no favorites show up Nd audio doesn't play. What do I need to do on the extenders to get the source setup ? When I go to add new source on the extender, no slimplayer or any other new source shows up. What am I missing? I would like to use the software loopbaxk but if I cN getthis to work, then I'll have to covert my pvr 150 or sd only hvr 1600 to hardware loopback.
Any help would be appreciated.
looks like UNE is not setup correctly. Did you follow all instructions in the readme file (especially part 4 concerning UNE setup) ?

- Chris
Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Sage User

Chris, thanks for writing this and making it available to us, sounds like a great feature set. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. Before I get into details, could you answer a few high level questions first?

1) I have an htpc in one room and an HD extender in another. Once I set this up can I use both or will it only work with one or the other? Someone asked this a while back but I did not see an answer.

2) Does Sage have to be running in service mode for this to work? That could be my issue as I do not currently run in service mode.

3) Is the stvi you posted in this thread on 6-21 the one to use? Or is the "fix" stvi on the web site the one to use?

4) When I get to part 4, step 6 of your instructions in the readme file I see 2 slimplayer capture sources. Is this correct? Which do I choose?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
1) I have an htpc in one room and an HD extender in another. Once I set this up can I use both or will it only work with one or the other? Someone asked this a while back but I did not see an answer.
You can have only one instance of slimplayer running per server, servicing either the local UI or a HD extender. Next to this you can run additional instances by running SageTvClients.

Quote:
2) Does Sage have to be running in service mode for this to work? That could be my issue as I do not currently run in service mode.
I'm not aware that running service mode is actually required.

Quote:
3) Is the stvi you posted in this thread on 6-21 the one to use? Or is the "fix" stvi on the web site the one to use?
Definitely the "fix" stvi from the download web site.

Quote:
4) When I get to part 4, step 6 of your instructions in the readme file I see 2 slimplayer capture sources. Is this correct? Which do I choose?
There should be only "slimplayer on ..." capture. source.
If it shows two identical sources, then you probably pasted the capture source config from the readme file twice into the sagetv.properties

- Chris

- Chris
Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Thanks Chris, appreciate your help, I will give it another go.

Would have liked to listen on the server in one room and the extender in another, but just the extender will do. I can always just run pandora or whatever directly on the server, outside of sage.

I was using the wrong stvi, I used the one posted here, will go grab the "fix" one off the web.

And will try again on the copy/paste, I agree I must have pasted twice.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Hi Chris,

I enabled detailed log of the client. Here is the only line related to slimplayer that I can find in it:
Code:

Sun 7/26 18:05:30.285 [main@116ab4e] classpath=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Sage.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\xerces.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\plugin.jar;C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\;;JARs\ant-1.6.5.jar;JARs\basicplayer2.3.jar;JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar;JARs\commons-collections-3.2.jar;JARs\commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar;JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar;JARs\commons-lang-2.2.jar;JARs\commons-logging-1.0.3.jar;JARs\commons-logging-api.jar;JARs\commons-logging.jar;JARs\core-3.1.1.jar;JARs\df_importer.jar;JARs\df_sageplugins.jar;JARs\df_sageutils.jar;JARs\df_videolib_times.jar;JARs\dvbepgimport.jar;JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar;JARs\jacob.jar;JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar;JARs\jdic.jar;JARs\jetty-6.1.11.jar;JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.11.jar;JARs\jetty-starter.jar;JARs\jetty-util-6.1.11.jar;JARs\jflac-1.0.jar;JARs\jl1.0.jar;JARs\jlgui2.3.2.jar;JARs\jnlp.jar;JARs\jogg-0.0.7.jar;JARs\jorbis-0.0.13.jar;JARs\jorbis-0.0.15.jar;JARs\jsch-20040429.jar;JARs\jsp-2.1.jar;JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar;JARs\jspeex0.9.3.jar;JARs\log4j-1.2.12.jar;JARs\log4j.jar;JARs\mina-core-1.1.7.jar;JARs\mp3spi1.9.2.jar;JARs\mtsa.jar;JARs\mx4j-impl.jar;JARs\mx4j-jmx.jar;JARs\mx4j-remote.jar;JARs\mx4j-tools.jar;JARs\nativeskin.jar;JARs\nativeskinlib.jar;JARs\nielm_getstatus.jar;JARs\nielm_sageimdb.jar;JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar;JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar;JARs\nielm_sagewebserver.jar;JARs\nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar;JARs\resolver.jar;JARs\SageWMP.jar;JARs\sbbi-jmx-1.0.jar;JARs\sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar;JARs\serializer.jar;JARs\servlet-api-2.5-6.1.11.jar;JARs\servlet.jar;JARs\shadeBlue-SageInfoPopup-1.0.6.jar;JARs\slf4j-api-1.5.5.jar;JARs\slimplayer.jar;JARs\SoftSqueeze.jar;JARs\tritonus_share.jar;JARs\vorbisspi1.0.1.jar;JARs\vorbisspi1.0.2.jar;JARs\webharvest_all_1.jar;JARs\webradio.jar;JARs\xercesImpl.jar;JARs\xercesSamples.jar;JARs\xml-apis.jar
After that line there is no mentioning of Slimplayer unless I explicitely go to the Slimplayer screen.

I also verified that when I togle autostart true/false in Slimplayer settings the SageClient.properties file gets updated accordingly, but the changes in the file do not have any impact on the Slimplayer loading behavior.

Any thoughts of what may be causing this problem?

Thank you,
Michael.
Hi Chris,

Do you have any suggestions for further debugging of auto start-up?

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-15-2009, 03:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post
Hi Chris,

Do you have any suggestions for further debugging of auto start-up?

Regards,
Michael
Michael,

I'm in the middle of finishing version 2.1. The autostart function is part of it and has received a considerable amount of testing. Hopefully I can release it this weekend or on monday.
Can you wait a couple of days and test again with the new version?

thanks,
Chris
Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Sage User

I still cannot get my setup to work, details below, any help greatly appreciated.

Setup:
- Sage 6.2.2.218, Java 1.6.0_15 running on a server, not in service mode, driving one TV.
- Sage HD Media Extender driving a TV in another room.
- Slimplayer set up (3 times) according to the readme. Each time I get 2 capture devices, not just 1, and I am positive it is not a copy/paste error.

While Sage/Slimplayer are not running:
- SqueezeCenter/SoftSqueeze work fine and are audible on my server if I select the correct audio device.
- I can then select Virtual Cable 1 and see it's output via the Audio Repeater.

When Sage is started on the server:
- All still appears to be fine, Audio Repeater still showing inputs.
- GraphEdit debug window showing NOOP's

When Slimplayer is started on extender:
- Audio Repeater stops showing inputs - levels go to zero.
- I can see track and artist information in SlimPlayer on the extender but there is no sound.

Any ideas?

Last edited by RichardS; 08-15-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Michael,

I'm in the middle of finishing version 2.1. The autostart function is part of it and has received a considerable amount of testing. Hopefully I can release it this weekend or on monday.
Can you wait a couple of days and test again with the new version?

thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Absolutely! Thank you very much for your help! Look forward to the next release.

Best Regards,
Michael.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
I still cannot get my setup to work, details below, any help greatly appreciated.

Setup:
- Sage 6.2.2.218, Java 1.6.0_15 running on a server, not in service mode, driving one TV.
- Sage HD Media Extender driving a TV in another room.
- Slimplayer set up (3 times) according to the readme. Each time I get 2 capture devices, not just 1, and I am positive it is not a copy/paste error.

While Sage/Slimplayer are not running:
- SqueezeCenter/SoftSqueeze work fine and are audible on my server if I select the correct audio device.

- Audio Repeater stops showing inputs - levels go to zero.
- I can see track and artist information in SlimPlayer on the extender but there is no sound.

Any ideas?
Can reproduce the problem with debug logging turn on?
The enable slimplayer debug logging:
  1. stop sagetv server
  2. in SageTV.properties set the following property:
    debug_logging=TRUE
  3. in log4j.xml change:
    Code:
    <category name="nl.cmkprojects.sage" additivity="false">
    		<priority value="INFO" />
            <appender-ref ref="SageAppender" />
    	</category>
    to
    Code:
    <category name="nl.cmkprojects.sage" additivity="false">
    		<priority value="DEBUG" />
            <appender-ref ref="SageAppender" />
    	</category>
  4. start sagetv server and reproduce the probem.
  5. upload sagetv_0.txt
  6. disable debug logging
Then post the log file sagetv_0.txt or send a private message.

- Chris
Old 08-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Sage User

Hi,

Let me just start that I've been waiting for something like this for almost 3 years now !!! I was even considering moving from Sage to another solution because of the lack of streaming capability with sage and the extender, so I am very committed to make this work !!!

I have a similar problem as Richard, I tried to follow the instructions carefully 4 or 5 times. The same result happen each time

- I see files being created and filled up in the recording dir.

I tried to listen to the mpg produced with another player, and I can see the graphic, but no sound at all.

Here is my setup:

WHS with all the latest pathches
Sage at the last released version
Java 1.6 - 15
SqueezeboxServer 7.4-28194-whs
The full kit downloaded here, including the fix.

The only thing I wasn't able to to as in the instruction is this:

3 in the Extra menu start SoftSqueeze
4 start playback of a song or a radio stream in Softsqueeze
5 verify this is working - you can select a different audio device in the sofsqueeze settings (the tiny icon in the top left corner)

Do I still need to do this with 7.4 ?? (BTW, I set it to proxied streaming..)

And the further down:

5 in the Extra menu start SoftSqueeze - in Softsqeeze choose settings (the tiny icon in the top left corner) and set the audio mixer to the value: Virtual Cable 1

I obviously didn't do that either...

I also tried to set it up with a hardware loopback (I had a couple of PVR-150 and a PVR-250 lying around), but I wasn\s able to install the drivers for them.... I would prefer the hardware loopback, since it mean I an reuse my old card and not pay for the virtual cable...

I there anybody that could help me set the drivers for one of those card in WHS ? (Maybe this would be easier to solve ...)

Thanks for any help or any clue any of you can provide.

Attached is my log file with debug enabled as per msg # 72
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (124.2 KB, 329 views)
Old 08-18-2009, 09:29 AM
SageTVaholic

In WHS you're not going to be able to set the SoftSqueeze player to use the Virtual Cable with Remote Desktop. You will need to either hookup your monitor and keyboard or use something like UltraVNC. With remote desktop you only have access to the rdp audio driver. And once that is set for Virtual Cable you need to make sure that the registry setting that sets it is also copied to the All Users registry setting. By default that registry setting is set only for the user you are logged in as when configuring it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
In WHS you're not going to be able to set the SoftSqueeze player to use the Virtual Cable with Remote Desktop. You will need to either hookup your monitor and keyboard or use something like UltraVNC. With remote desktop you only have access to the rdp audio driver. And once that is set for Virtual Cable you need to make sure that the registry setting that sets it is also copied to the All Users registry setting. By default that registry setting is set only for the user you are logged in as when configuring it.
Hi Gerry and thanks for your fast response.

I knew about having to configure via the monitor and keyboard. That's how I did it.

For the registry, I read your posts about that and check, but I am a bit confused:

The setting in both .DEFAUT (is this the All Users setting ?) and S-1-5-18 are the same, and all the other registry doesn't have those setting at all (no tree past software or Javasoft...)

Here is what I have:

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\titmuss\softsqueeze]
"version"="5"
"slimserver"=""
"sshprivatekey"=""
"sshforwardports"=""
"skin.alwaysontop"="false"
"httpport"="9000"
"sshport"="22"
"sshproxyport"=""
"skin.displayemulation"="/Squeezebox2"
"log"=""
"audio.line/Buffer/Size"="128000"
"sshproxyhost"=""
"deviceid"="3"
"slimport"="3483"
"sshproxy"=""
"firmwareversion"="2"
"sshpassword"=""
"skin"="slimdevices"
"sshtunnel"="false"
"sshusername"=""
"softsqueezeversion"="3.9b1"
"macaddress"="3d:6d:b1:3b:66:23"
"sshserver"=""
"audio.mixer"="/Primary /Sound /Driver"
"audio.mp3decoder"="/J/Layer"
"has.mp3plugin"="false"
"serverversion"="7.4"

Do you see anything wrong with this ?

Thanks !

Z.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

I think this is wrong.

Quote:
"audio.mixer"="/Primary /Sound /Driver"
should actually reference the Virtual Cable. Right now it is trying to play it out of your soundboard. Did you go into the SoftSqueeze play and change the option of audio to Virtual Cable?

And yes-Default is All users.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think this is wrong.

should actually reference the Virtual Cable. Right now it is trying to play it out of your soundboard. Did you go into the SoftSqueeze play and change the option of audio to Virtual Cable?

Gerry
I will release V2.1 in a couple of days. This will reduce configuration problems like this, since softsqueeze configuration can be done from the slim player menu.

Also this release brings support for multiple extenders/placeshifters, albeit only one can use playback at a time.
Furthermore this release includes both default STV and sageMC support.

- Chris
Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I think this is wrong.

Gerry
Ok, that was my main suspect...

How can I go in SoftSqueeze if I am using Squeezcenter 7.3.4 ?

Thanks, your help is very appreciated !

Z.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
Ok, that was my main suspect...

How can I go in SoftSqueeze if I am using Squeezcenter 7.3.4 ?

Thanks, your help is very appreciated !

Z.
Install the Softsqueeze player on WHS. Now start up SoftSqueeze. One of the very teeny, tiny icons on the top left of the player (third from left I think) is the options menu. You should find the setting in there. And as Chris notes you could wait a couple days and the new version should be easier. I am waiting for the new version myself.

Gerry
Old 08-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
And as Chris notes you could wait a couple days and the new version should be easier. I am waiting for the new version myself.
Gerry
I don't know where to get SoftSqueeze. it redirect me to another appp called Squeezeplay or something like that and it doesn't work...

I think I'll do the same and wait a couple of day for the new version.... 2-3 days more or less on 3 years.... not a big deal...

Thank you !

Z.

Tags
deezer, lastfm, pandora, podcasts, shoutcast, sirius, slacker