SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Sage User

Question about favourites - confused.

Hi All

Have Sage up and running and am figuring out favourites.

I noticed season 2 of The Wire was starting so I set it up as a favourite and Sage is now happily recording each episode once.

I then set up Grand Designs as a favourite and Sage is going crazy recording every episode on every channel. It's on at 9.00 on E4, it's recorded. It's repeated at 10.00 on E4+1, the same show is recorded again. In 24 hours, sage has recorded three episodes 7 times.

Is this a problem with my setup, data from Digiguide or what?

Help appreciated.

I use Digiguide with XMLTV Importer and FreeSat channels.

Thanks

Peter
Old 05-19-2009, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not familiar with your EPG source so I can't comment on the specifics. But the general rule of thumb is that if different episodes of a show have different IDs in the EPG, then Sage can tell the episodes apart and will record each episode just once. But if all the episodes have the same ID (this is typically true of news broadcasts and similar sorts of shows), then Sage can't tell them apart and will record all airings just to be safe.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Sage User

Hi Greg

That's what I thought. However, see these descriptions from two recordings of the same episode with the same id (different episodes have different IDs).

Any ideas? Could it be something to do with the fact that the second one commenced on a different channel before the first one ended?

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.jpg (49.7 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg sage2.jpg (48.7 KB, 235 views)
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Only "EP####" shows have "smart" recording regarding duplicates. "SH#####" numbering is used (in the guide data) when there isn't unique data for each episode. Usually every episode of "Grand Designs" would either have a unique EP##### or the same SH######. Looks like there's a problem in your data that each episode gets a unique SH###### so Sage treats them as a series without unique identifiers.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Thanks for that.

Anyone using digiGuide/XMLTV Importer care to comment on possible solution?

Thanks

Peter
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Peter,
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep View Post
That's what I thought. However, see these descriptions from two recordings of the same episode with the same id (different episodes have different IDs).
Your shows get unique IDs but they all begin with "SH" because the XMLTV Importer doesn't have enough data to assume the shows are a series.

To tell the Importer the show is a serie:

* create a rule for the show (in "First Run & Rerun Optimization")
* or use the categories editor to correctly assign a category to this show (actually the show has a "Other" category) and in the category editor make sure you selected "shows of this category are like series..."

If you don't do this: every episodes will be recorded. This is a failsafe behavior.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Sage User

Thank you