SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
I'm not clear on what you mean by "a clear indication". Did Jeff say more on this than what you quoted in the writeup? Or are you reading between the lines of what he did say?
I'm reading between the lines mostly. Nothing is ever 100% positive, but I'll be shocked if they come out with an official Hulu integration in the next 6 months or so.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I've mentioned this countless times, but I truly believe XBMC is THE gold standard when it comes to UI usability, cleanliness, and features.
You see that's the thing. XBMC has a really cool UI, but I don't agree that its that much better. But I do get your point and hopefully we can help with that sort of thing.

Quote:
Any chance you can use your excellent journalism skills to interview some of the bigger, transformational-in-nature, user-based projects? Perhaps a smaller, but similar interview with folks like Mike and the Phoenix team? They haven't revealed many details... but I hear it's the "Manhattan project" of user-based projects (sorry Mike... not trying to set expectations too high )
Tell you what. When those guys who have not yet been named begin to see the light at the end of that project (or any other project) tunnel, I'll do my best to get a nice writeup and possibly even interview. But for now there isn't much to be said. Excellent idea by the way.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Tell you what. When those guys who have not yet been named begin to see the light at the end of that project (or any other project) tunnel, I'll do my best to get a nice writeup and possibly even interview. But for now there isn't much to be said. Excellent idea by the way.
Good reason to head to Hawaii
Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was even going to volunteer to go for him.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Brent, I just read this thread for the first time today. Excellent interview with Jeff. I haven't ever heard that much detail coming from within the company. I do find myself often wondering what the company itself is like - financial health, number of developers and other employees, how well are they connected in the industry, etc. I think it was stanger89 who recently recounted how they got burnt when announcing the Studio product several years back. I don't blame them for pulling back after that but it would still be nice to know the company and its hard-working staff a little better.

I appreciate the work you do on your blog. A lot of 3rd party developers put a lot of work into creating addons, but just as important are people like yourself who can make some sense of it for users. That compliments Jeff's goal of making things easier and expanding their customer base beyond the most technical of users. Keep it up!
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I believe the best thing that SageTV could do right now is integrate uPnP support directly into SageTV, not just into the stand-alone portion of the HD200.
I agree, this would conceivably get us Pandora. Netflix and Hulu on the extenders without using stand alone. I have played around with stand alone mode but the family would never adopt it. Also, this would not be committing sage to any support of these services from the internet.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

It's been over 8 months since this interview. Thoughts on trying to resurrect this thread again to try to have a "yearly" interview w/ Jeff or anyone else from Sage?

Would be interesting to revisit some topics from the first interview plus touch on some new topics.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)