SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
MediaTitle is critical for fanart, and it was added because otherwise you have to rely on the "Display Title". This means that in your care, without a MediaTitle=Babylon 5, it would be trying to find the fanart in the "Babylon 5 1x01 - Midnight on the Firing Line" directory.
It took me a while to sort that out reading through the various threads since the discussions of the various title fields changed as you guys worked it out. Ironically I had sat on the sidelines waiting to be relatively certain that the folder structure and new metadata fields were pretty much static before I started playing with FanArt.

My mistake was in assuming that MediaScraper had put in all the fields I needed. The first post of the MediaScraper thread does show that MediaTitle is supposed to be part of the output, so it must have been in there in earlier releases and has accidentally been disabled. I'll recheck all my settings to make sure I haven't accidentally disabled it myself.

Last edited by rmac321; 06-13-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Can I manually update the MediaTitle field in the .my file (or .properties file), or does this info have to be stored in the internal Sage wiz.bin database file?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Can I manually update the MediaTitle field in the .my file (or .properties file), or does this info have to be stored in the internal Sage wiz.bin database file?
Yes, you can do it manually, it will just be tedious. For instance, I added the line:

Code:
MediaTitle=Fringe
to each <episodename>.properties file. For testing purposes, I chose a folder that had only 2 episodes in it.

You will also need to do an import refresh and it appears that having an updated .properties file will not be enough to get the .properties updated. You will need to "touch" the associated media file (mkv, mpg) as well to get Sage to update the properties when you do your scan. I don't have a utility for touching files, so I just did a fresh MediaScrape on the folder I was testing on and made sure the \updateInfo switch was in the mediascraper.defaults. Of course if you are going to use MediaScraper to touch the whole folder, do it before you make your edits or the new scrape will remove them.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been away from the forum, but I wanted to say good job on tracking down this issue. It's been bugging the hell out of me.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallybio View Post
I've been away from the forum, but I wanted to say good job on tracking down this issue. It's been bugging the hell out of me.
I just wish I could say I have a good automated fix for it. I guess I'm going to have to finish reading that 50 page thread on BMT and use it to rescrape all those files so I don't have to manually add the MediaTitle field to my entire import directory.

I'm going to wait another day or two and hope that EP will add this back in to MediaScraper, but I'm not holding my breath since he has apparently switched over to BMT himself.