SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

I'll take a shot at explaining it.

first thing I did was assign one of the colored buttons an application
EX:
;;these 3 buttons are not offical yet
RED={run(C:\PROGRA~1\FREYTE~2\SageTV\SageTV.exe)}
GREEN={run(C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NEROSH~1\SHOWTIme.exe)}
YELLOW={run(C:\Progra~1\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe)}
BLUE=

Next I added an APLLICATION in the application list. Name is only for calling the correct APPLICATION section.
EX:
; First item in this section IS always the default app if no others found
[Applications]
Default=
WinTV Remote=
PVRFullScreen=
*task*=
;*suspend*=
Debug.txt=
hcwGDisplayWindow=
hcwGo=
Windows Media Player=
ActiveMovie Window=
Zoom=
ShowTime=
Show1Time=
Show2Time=
Show3Time=
Show4Time=
Show5Time=
Show6Time=
Show7Time=
PowerDVD=
SageTV Recorder Video=
SageTV=
SageTV Recorder=

Last, I created the section that tells the remote what to do while the application is FOCUS.
EX:
[Zoom]
MENU={alt}o
MUTE={ctrl}m
GRNPOWER={alt}x
BACK=r
OK={enter}
NAVLEFT={left}
NAVRIGHT={right}
NAVUP={up}
NAVDOWN={down}
GO={alt}{enter}
STOP={alt}x
TEXT={ctrl}b
PAUSE=p
PLAY=p
REWIND=,
FASTFWD=.
SKIPFWD={ctrl}.
SKIPREV={ctrl},
CHNLUP={shift}]
CHNLDOWN={shift}[

So, for Winamp, you would add winamp's SHORT FILENAME path to a button (if desired) to open/set focus.
Then add winamp to the applications list.
Finally, create a [WINAMP] section in between two other APPLICATIONS and add the commands. Copy the button names from another Application and then assign the appropiate hotkey to it.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 PM

Thanks

Yes that helped lots. I got it to finnaly load winamp, Guess I had to have the short hand version to ti and I didnt know that... And it makes much more sense now I thought when you declared Winamp= in the application list is where you had to link to winamp. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I'll take a shot at explaining it.
So, for Winamp, you would add winamp's SHORT FILENAME path to a button (if desired) to open/set focus.
Then add winamp to the applications list.
Finally, create a [WINAMP] section in between two other APPLICATIONS and add the commands. Copy the button names from another Application and then assign the appropiate hotkey to it.

GOOD LUCK!

If you have Winamp in your irremote.ini f ile, any chance you can post a copy of it here for me to take a look at? That would be most helpful.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

from what I've read about hotkeys in Winamp, you need a Winamp plug-in that lets you setup the hotkeys for Winamp to use.

This is one I found .

Then create the appropriate section is the ini file and add the hotkey to the button you assigned in the plug-in.

EX:
Play={ctrl}p (Copy and paste the winamp section below to your ini file and add in your hotkeys)(Then add WINAMP= to your APLLICATION list)make sure ir.exe is turned off...
[WINAMP]
TV=
VIDEOS=
MUSIC=
PICTURES=
GUIDE=
RADIO=
MENU=
MUTE=
GRNPOWER=
BACK=
OK=
NAVLEFT=
NAVRIGHT=
NAVUP=
NAVDOWN=
GO=
STOP=
TEXT=
PAUSE=
PLAY=
REC=
REWIND=
FASTFWD=
SKIPFWD=
SKIPREV=
CHNLUP=
CHNLDOWN=
BLUE=
RED=
YELLOW=
GREEN=
CHNLPREV=
TEXT=
SUBCC=
0=
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=
8=
9=
Old 10-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
sounds good. Thanks. I will add to my list of things to *try*. The list keeps growing

So I take it you are using this method for controlling your Winamp?

PS
I have Winamp 5.1 surround sound edition. Think it will work Ok with that version of Winamp?
Old 10-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

No I am not controlling Winamp. If I was I would have given you the keystrokes with my example along with more details. I do control 5 different programs and (Thanx to Opus) have had some experience so I thought I'd try to help you out as best I could.

Good luck with Winamp and your list
Old 12-14-2005, 10:28 PM

I have been trying to get irremote.ini file to control nStant Media program that comes with the nVidia PureVideo. I have been able to get the .ini file to control BeyondTV, Zoom Player, Windows Media Player without any problems. I have added "nStant Media=" to the applications section, and "[nStant Media]" with the key codes at the end of the file, but it doesn't control the program.

I can't get it to use the [default] sections codes either.

Today I found out that nStant Media has a keymap.ini file within its folder that lists all the key codes for each command. I have attached this file. Would somebody know how to integrate this into the irremote.ini file to be able to control it?

I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: txt KeyMap.txt (2.2 KB, 870 views)
Old 02-25-2006, 11:20 AM

trouble

Can't get buttons to run apps. Got the "short" names right (i.e. Progra~1), but the program never starts. I want to run VLC media player, so if anyone has sucessfully set that up, please let me know.

I also want the arrow keys to move the mouse/pointer in certain modes. In Windows, you can set up the number pad to control the cursor (control panel - accessibility) with or without number lock on.

I've tried {num}, {numlock} and a few other variations, but can't get the remote moving the pointer.

Anyone figure this out?
Old 03-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Using the 45 Button remote I want to have CHNLUP be routed to {page up} key. I tried multiple ways to do this to no avail...
Any ideas?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Did you try {pgup}? (That's what the doc in the first post of this thread shows for the Page Up key.)

If you tried that key code & restarted ir.exe, what exactly is happening?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage User

34 Button Remote

I just rebuilt my SageTV system using V5. All is well. Except my remote. I have a Haupaugge PVR-350 with the old 34 button remote. When I went to http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...vr250-350.html to get the IR software, it pointed me to "IR Remote control version 2.45 Latest version the IR remote control software for the new model Hauppauge remote control."

Where can I get the software (probably just an ini file) for the old model (34 button) Hauppauge remote control?

While I'm asking for favors, one configured to run without focus would be wonderful.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Administrator

There shouldn't be a problem because it is still the same IR receiver & the irremote.ini file is where the definitions are for each remote. They didn't drop support for the old remote; they just meant support for the new model is included.

To control SageTV w/o it needing to be in focus, see post #15 in Hauppauge link #3 in my sig lines.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There shouldn't be a problem because it is still the same IR receiver & the irremote.ini file is where the definitions are for each remote. They didn't drop support for the old remote; they just meant support for the new model is included.

To control SageTV w/o it needing to be in focus, see post #15 in Hauppauge link #3 in my sig lines.

- Andy
Thanks but then I've got a different problem.

Sometimes (very seldom) the only buttons that work are the CH+ and the CH- on the 34 button remote. Even then, all they do is jump from the top menu choice to the bottom, e.g. "SageTV Recordings" to "Standby."

I tried using the keyboard and going to the Setup/Detailed Setup/Commands/Show SageTV Commands linked to Infrared/Keystroke and get no output from the remote. I've tried another remote (Sony RM-VL710) that I had mapped the Hauppauge commands to with the same results.The keystrokes work fine on this screen.

I've checked that Setup/Detailed Setup/Commands specifies Remote Control Configuration: 34 button Haupaugge remote.

I've reinstalled the Haupaugge remote software with no change in results.

It almost seems like I have a mechanical/electrical problem with the IR sensor but that'd be unlikely (not impossible) as I didn't disturb it as I rebuilt the system. I even tried another IR sensor from my PVR-150. Same results. I'm wondering if the way the PVR-350 is mounted in the case that the case may be keeping the IR sensor plug from plugging in all the way.

Is there something I need to set on the PVR-350 as the IR sensor plugs into it?

As I'm currently recording something, tomorrow night I'll try using WinTV2000 and see if it responds to the remote.

Weird.

By the way, the IR sensor that came with the PVR-150 has what looks like an LED transmitter. Can I use that instead of a USB-UIRT? How?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastoy
Thanks but then I've got a different problem.

Sometimes (very seldom) the only buttons that work are the CH+ and the CH- on the 34 button remote. Even then, all they do is jump from the top menu choice to the bottom, e.g. "SageTV Recordings" to "Standby."
That happens to me too, you need to execute the restart ir commmand. You should have a shortcut in the hauppauge wintv folder. At one point I had a scheduled task to restart it every four hours or so. Now I have added a link to run the restart ir command as an external application from neilms dynamic menu. It is one of the top or bottom options so I can usually get to it. Frustrating but it works.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I've reinstalled the Haupaugge remote software with no change in results.
Do you make sure to keep your old irremote.ini file when you reinstall the IR software? If not, it resets the ini file & you lose all the SageTV commands in that file. You still have a [SageTV] section in your irremote.ini?

- Andy
Old 05-09-2006, 06:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Do you make sure to keep your old irremote.ini file when you reinstall the IR software? If not, it resets the ini file & you lose all the SageTV commands in that file. You still have a [SageTV] section in your irremote.ini?

- Andy
There's no [SageTV] section in my irremote.ini! I have NEVER modified that by hand so how did/does that section get there? I can go get the old one off of the old drive or I can use your new with with support for non-focus.

Thanks. I have a project for tonight!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
There's no [SageTV] section in my irremote.ini! I have NEVER modified that by hand so how did/does that section get there?
There's a FAQ entry to check out, but the ini file would normally be modified when SageTV gets installed. After installing the IR software again, you could get one from the forum, which...

Quote:
I can go get the old one off of the old drive or I can use your new with with support for non-focus.
... you already know about.

- Andy
Old 05-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
There's a FAQ entry to check out, but the ini file would normally be modified when SageTV gets installed. After installing the IR software again, you could get one from the forum, which...

... you already know about.

- Andy
That got it, even works without focus! Thanks!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Andy-

I've managed to gain control of Sage V6 without focus using the 45-button remote that shipped last month with the PVR-150. Thanks for doing all the legwork--this solves one of my biggest issues.

I want to update your Irremote.ini to correct a couple of minor issues. I could just leave the buttons as they are, but it would reduce the GAF (same as WAF, but without a ring). I downloaded and read all the different guides and I get the concepts but I get really lost when trying to actually write something that works. I'm a geologist, not a coder!

First, want to note that the install path has changed--on my machine, Sage installed to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV, and all references to "Frey" are gone. That's an easy fix.

Next, all of the buttons work as they are supposed to according to the spreadsheet, but the 45-button remote I have had a couple of buttons mapped differently before I changed the .ini file and I'd like to figure out how to change them back.

On my remote, there is a button with a little house on it labeled "go." That button under the default .ini took me to the main menu. Under your .ini, it switches focus to Sage.

On my remote, there is a button with an "i" labeled "menu." Under the default .ini, this would provide info about a program. Under your .ini, this takes me back to the main menu (what the "go" button did before).

Finally, there is the "*" button, which is labelled "text." I never used this button under the old .ini, but I found this string: TEXT={findwnd(wintv_32,wintv32)}{cmd(32884)}

Under your .ini, the "text" button does what the "menu" button used to do.

Can you point me in the right direction to remap these and I'll post the fixed file here? I attached the default .ini for reference.

Thanks-

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: txt Irremote.ini.bak.txt (31.5 KB, 805 views)

Last edited by yacht_boy; 01-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Administrator

All the button assignments are in the [SageTV] section in the irremote.ini file.

If the assignment is a keystroke, you can either change the keystroke in the ini file, or reassign it in SageTV in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link Command.

If the assignment is an event code send to SageTV via a Windows message, then you can simply change the event number in the ini file. See list of commands at the end of Chapter 5 for all the event codes. Or, in v6, Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link Command also lists the command number for each command.

- Andy