SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Okay, performed the last test. Much like before, nothing happens. SageTV has no clue that any buttons are being pressed. So, since I know that the remote otherwise works (power, radio, volume and two different remotes that are exactly the same), something is broken between the hauppauge card and the sage ir command function, right? I thought this was only the irremote.ini file.
Were you using an ini file that sent keystrokes, or one that used SendMsg()? I forgot to say that it has to send keystrokes, or that screen won't show anything.

Maybe upload the ini file you are trying to use.

Also: load a blank file named debug.txt in Notepad, make sure that Notepad has focus, then press some buttons on the remote. You should see the button names in Notepad.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

Also: load a blank file named debug.txt in Notepad, make sure that Notepad has focus, then press some buttons on the remote. You should see the button names in Notepad.

- Andy
Okay, that's cool. I'd no idea it was meant to transmit keystrokes to any open app. And, now we see the problem. Nothing appeared in my notepad document and yes, it had focus.

So, Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the PVR-350?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT View Post
Okay, that's cool. I'd no idea it was meant to transmit keystrokes to any open app. And, now we see the problem. Nothing appeared in my notepad document and yes, it had focus.

So, Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the PVR-350?
Or, at least reinstall the Hauppauge IR software. When you run it, there is an icon for it in the system tray?

I suggest getting it to the point that you see results in debug.txt. If you continue to get nothing there, try Hauppauge support to see what they say. Provided debug.txt was created properly and is in the title bar of Notepad, I don't know why nothing would appear there, but the same remote would control the Hauppauge apps.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Andy, you rock!

Okay, I uninstalled and reinstalled the ir software and debug.txt began logging keystrokes - that was sweet and I knew I was close, despite the fact that SageTV did not yet see them. I deleted irremote.ini and re-downloaded the "new" one from post 3. Then I edited the lines that include FreyTe~1 in them (that should probably be changed in the downloads as it isn't used anymore) and changed SageTV.exe to SageTVClient.exe.

I closed ir.exe. I restarted ir.exe. It now works - yeah!

Thanks so much for your help!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 AM

Andy - Is there a way to change the blaster commands? I'm trying to add an "enter" command before every channel as described here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ppauge+blaster

To do that I need modify the blaster commands. Any hints how I would do that in the irremote.ini. Or is not possible to change or add blaster commands? Thanks, in advance, for any advice.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator

I don't know anything about configuring the Hauppauge IR blaster (I've never used it) and irremote.ini is for the IR receiver, not the blaster.

- Andy
Old 04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can someone tell me where to locate the irremote.ini file under Vista and XP? Do I have to create one if one doesn't exist? Can I ask one more stupid question?

Thanks.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 04-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardATeller View Post
Can someone tell me where to locate the irremote.ini file under Vista and XP? Do I have to create one if one doesn't exist?
The file is created by the Hauppauge IR app installer. The instructions at the very top of this thread tell you the file is in your Windows directory. Please see those instructions for further details.

- Andy
Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. Didn't see the file there when I posted, but I hadn't run the installer yet.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Sage User

Does any one have a ini for sagetv 7

Does any one have a ini for sagetv 7