SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Jetty is unable to create a file in the root installation directory of SageTV. If you're on Vista or Win7 then I think this probably has something to do with UAC? Either way, see if the user that Sage runs as can create files in the root install dir of Sage and if it can't then fix it.

On a side note, SJQ should die and refuse to start if it can't create the server log file - that's a bug I should probably fix.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger... it's WHS... and I'm running Sage w/ the Admin account. Still no dice. What am I missing, this is driving me nuts...

If I haven't said this before, thanks again for all your hard work. This is an amazing product like all of what you do.
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300

Last edited by ChaOConnor; 01-28-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

WHS & SJQ

Any ideas what could be wrong w/ my setup and not being able to see the logs? I've checked permissions (I believe I have...), changed the entire directory to NOT read-on... but still no logs. I made a fake sjq.log file and the error went away, but the file was blank. Ran media debugger, said the contents were posted to the log, but again, blank. I opened up sjq.log file and put some dummy text in there, and I can see it via the SJQ Log screen, but nothing from SJQ is actually posting there. I'm really at a loss.
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Restart SJQ. If the file can't be created at SJQ startup then the logger will never try to write to it.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Restart SJQ. If the file can't be created at SJQ startup then the logger will never try to write to it.
Restart SJQ by stopping and starting SageTV Service? I've done that. Darn it.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Restart SJQ by stopping and starting SageTV Service? I've done that. Darn it.
Then for whatever reason, SageTV/SJQ is unable to write to the file. If you enable Jetty debug logging then Jetty might give more details as to why not.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I will give that a shot, thanks for the idea.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't figure out why my client log is telling me "Unexpected "|" on line 15

Code:
COMSKIP {
   :MAX 2
   :RESOURCES 25
   :RETURNCODE 1
   "D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.exe \"--ini=D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.ini\" \"%c%\""
}

# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23"

MEDIASHRINKHQARCHIVE
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :MAX 1
   :RESOURCES 50
   "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkfresh\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /mediaShrink /batch /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /onepass"
}
# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I can't figure out why my client log is telling me "Unexpected "|" on line 15

Code:
COMSKIP {
   :MAX 2
   :RESOURCES 25
   "D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.exe \"--ini=D:/shares/Software/sagetv/comskip80_027/comskip.ini\" \"%c%\""
}

# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23"

MEDIASHRINKHQARCHIVE
{
   :CPU "LOW"
   :MAX 1
   "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkfresh\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /mediaShrink /batch /findFileRegEx "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /onepass"
}
# Run at most 1 mediashink job from 2am - 10am Monday - Friday  :OFFHOUR "0-2, 14-23
You're not escaping the quotes in the command line:

Code:
Try:

Code:
  "D:\\shares\\Software\\sagetv\\mediashrinkfresh\\mediaEngine.exe \"%c%\" /inPlace /mediaShrink /batch /findFileRegEx \"avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms\" /saveLog /defaultProfile autoEncode /onepass"
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

One more question (for now)

I'm trying to exclude some shows and I wanted to make sure I had the syntax right for it

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.GetShowTitle{} != "Late Show With David Letterman|Late Night With Jimmy Fallon|The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" && MediaAge > "14D" && Filename =$ ".mpg"] 
{ 
    MEDIASHRINKHQARCHIVE
}
they still are showing up in the queue
Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Also, I'm having the same problem that Chaoconner is having in this post over in the MediaShrink thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=475

I changed my recording directory on my WHS to point to the UNC instead of \\localhost, but for some reason I'm still getting error logs that say

Code:
+ Parsing switches
    - optionsString: "\\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/mediaShrink" "/batch" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/saveLog" "/defaultProfile" "autoEncode" "/onepass" 
        - Replacing quote0: \\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg
        - Replacing quote1: /inPlace
        - Replacing quote2: /mediaShrink
        - Replacing quote3: /batch
        - Replacing quote4: /findFileRegEx
        - Replacing quote5: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
        - Replacing quote6: /saveLog
        - Replacing quote7: /defaultProfile
        - Replacing quote8: autoEncode
        - Replacing quote9: /onepass
      ! couldn't understand (\\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg), throwing it away
is SJQ throwing it the \\localhost path?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
One more question (for now)

I'm trying to exclude some shows and I wanted to make sure I had the syntax right for it

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.GetShowTitle{} != "Late Show With David Letterman|Late Night With Jimmy Fallon|The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien" && MediaAge > "14D" && Filename =$ ".mpg"] 
{ 
    MEDIASHRINKHQARCHIVE
}
they still are showing up in the queue
Note my answer is intentionally vague because this answer is in the User's Guide. I'm not saying it's a bad question because it's probably not obvious to many what the problem is so I'll tell you what the problem is and you need to go to the User's Guide to fill in the answer.

The problem is that you're using the != operator when checking the title. The != (and ==) operators are literal string matching operators. What you're trying to do is match against a regular expression, so use the (does not match) regex operator, which is !%. All the operators and their meanings are explained in the User's Guide. Details on how to create regex expressions are described in the User's Guide (though your regex is fine). If the User Guide is unclear about certain things then I'd love to hear about that - a better User Guide saves on support questions so please do provide feedback as necessary.

Quote:
Also, I'm having the same problem that Chaoconner is having in this post over in the MediaShrink thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=475

I changed my recording directory on my WHS to point to the UNC instead of \\localhost, but for some reason I'm still getting error logs that say

Code:
+ Parsing switches
    - optionsString: "\\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg" "/inPlace" "/mediaShrink" "/batch" "/findFileRegEx" "avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms" "/saveLog" "/defaultProfile" "autoEncode" "/onepass" 
        - Replacing quote0: \\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg
        - Replacing quote1: /inPlace
        - Replacing quote2: /mediaShrink
        - Replacing quote3: /batch
        - Replacing quote4: /findFileRegEx
        - Replacing quote5: avi|mpg|mkv|mp4|mpeg|VIDEO_TS|ts|ogm|divx|mpts|dvr-ms
        - Replacing quote6: /saveLog
        - Replacing quote7: /defaultProfile
        - Replacing quote8: autoEncode
        - Replacing quote9: /onepass
      ! couldn't understand (\\localhost\recorded tv\LateNightWithJimmyFallon-1508546-0.mpg), throwing it away
is SJQ throwing it the \\localhost path?
The problem is that the recording is already stored in your wiz.bin as \\localhost\... Luckily, SJQ provides a way to remap directories in your task client. Search for the :MAPDIR option in the User's Guide.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got sjq3 running on my server and have set up a comskip rule and task event (see below).

Code:
/**************************************************************************************/
/* Rule block for comskip */
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && $.IsFileCurrentlyRecording{} == false && $.IsWatchedCompletely{} == false]
{
   COMSKIP
}
/*************************************************************************************/
Code:
/**************************************************************************************/
/* Definition setup for comskip */
COMSKIP
{
   :CPU NORMAL
   :MAX 2 // max 2 instance of this task
   :MAXRUNRATIO 4.0 // Up to 4 length of recording.
   "C:/comskip/comskip.exe \"%c%\""
}
/*************************************************************************************/
The active que shows that the state changes to running on two of the media files... What I'm unsure of is if the process continues to run after I close the output dialog sjqc.bat? I suspect not, so I'm wondering if there is a way to setup the client process to run as a service and start automatically. The manual makes reference to setting up a windows nt service, but I'm running windows 7 and xp on the computers that I'd like to utilize. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Note my answer is intentionally vague because this answer is in the User's Guide. I'm not saying it's a bad question because it's probably not obvious to many what the problem is so I'll tell you what the problem is and you need to go to the User's Guide to fill in the answer.

The problem is that you're using the != operator when checking the title. The != (and ==) operators are literal string matching operators. What you're trying to do is match against a regular expression, so use the (does not match) regex operator, which is !%. All the operators and their meanings are explained in the User's Guide. Details on how to create regex expressions are described in the User's Guide (though your regex is fine). If the User Guide is unclear about certain things then I'd love to hear about that - a better User Guide saves on support questions so please do provide feedback as necessary.

The problem is that the recording is already stored in your wiz.bin as \\localhost\... Luckily, SJQ provides a way to remap directories in your task client. Search for the :MAPDIR option in the User's Guide.
For those of us without a strong background in programming syntax, everything that has to do with SJQ can be daunting. Also, as with a lot of things in life, a little knowledge can be dangerous. While I know that I'm in over my head, I would be foolish to try to use any other program to get the things I'm trying to do out of SJQ because you've written a VERY powerful program.

I've literally read through the entire manual a few times, yet still probably only understand 1/3 to 1/2 of it. I've even taken the step of checking out a few books on Java from the library, not in the hopes of learning how to code (although I would love to learn eventually), but mostly to understand syntax.

I literally feel guilty posting requests to look over my syntax and troubleshooting because I feel like the information is probably out there in the manual for me to find. It's not your fault that I'm not savvy enough to find exactly what I need.

I'm going to spend some more time in the manual to get the above two issues solved. If I fail at that, expect more dumb questions from me. Trust me when I say that I really appreciate all the time you put into this and all of your excellent add-ons.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
SageTVaholic

ohpleaseno,

see this thread about mapping localhost.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...772#post404772
Old 01-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I read through the user manual.

1) MAPDIR was straightforward enough. Put it in and it works great.

2) I think there may be too fine a distinction in the manual between when you would use != vs. !%. After reading through a few times, I still couldn't figure out which one to use (other than the fact that you told me outright). Again though, you're hearing this from a guy with very little syntactical knowledge.

Thanks for teaching me how to fish instead of giving me a fish.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
I've got sjq3 running on my server and have set up a comskip rule and task event (see below).

Code:
/* Rule block for comskip */
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && $.IsFileCurrentlyRecording{} == false && $.IsWatchedCompletely{} == false]
{
   COMSKIP
}
Code:
/* Definition setup for comskip */
COMSKIP
{
   :CPU NORMAL
   :MAX 2 // max 2 instance of this task
   :MAXRUNRATIO 4.0 // Up to 4 length of recording.
   "C:/comskip/comskip.exe \"%c%\""
}
The active que shows that the state changes to running on two of the media files... What I'm unsure of is if the process continues to run after I close the output dialog sjqc.bat? I suspect not, so I'm wondering if there is a way to setup the client process to run as a service and start automatically. The manual makes reference to setting up a windows nt service, but I'm running windows 7 and xp on the computers that I'd like to utilize. Thanks!
The NT service version of the task client will work on XP and should work on Vista and Windows 7. Officially, the wrapper I use has never claimed support for Vista nor Windows 7, but users have done it so you should be able to get it going on those OS versions.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So I read through the user manual.

1) MAPDIR was straightforward enough. Put it in and it works great.

2) I think there may be too fine a distinction in the manual between when you would use != vs. !%. After reading through a few times, I still couldn't figure out which one to use (other than the fact that you told me outright). Again though, you're hearing this from a guy with very little syntactical knowledge.

Thanks for teaching me how to fish instead of giving me a fish.
I think I've given the longer version of the diff between != and !% somewhere in this thread before, I'll try to find it in here later today when I have some time. If I can't, then I'll explain again, but it'll have to be much later today when I have some time to write it out.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

In the user guide, Example 2 of creating a ruleset discusses why you would use reg ex versus individually naming channels and shows to exclude. Looking at it now, it is clear to me which one is used for each, but that is through the eyes of someone who understands the difference after it being explained to them. Also, I did a text search on every page of this thread for "!%" and didn't find anything that discusses the difference between the two. I didn't go back to the v2 thread though.

Which kind of makes my point that I'm not quite sure what audience you should inherently be writing for in your user manual. There are going to be people who understand syntax at a level that you've written it for, but then there are people like me who should probably not even try to use this tool because it may be too advanced for them.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In the user guide, Example 2 of creating a ruleset discusses why you would use reg ex versus individually naming channels and shows to exclude. Looking at it now, it is clear to me which one is used for each, but that is through the eyes of someone who understands the difference after it being explained to them. Also, I did a text search on every page of this thread for "!%" and didn't find anything that discusses the difference between the two. I didn't go back to the v2 thread though.
Basically, it breaks down like this:

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.GetShowTitle{} != "Late Show With David Letterman|The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien"] {
   MYTASK
}
You're saying, "if the show title does not match the exact string "Late Show With David Letterman|The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" then queue it up. Obviously, no show I know of is titled "Late Show With David Letterman|The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" so any media file is going to match that rule. By changing the operator to !% you're now saying, if the title does not match the regular expression "Late Show With David Letterman|The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien" then queue it up. And that regular expression means "equals 'Late Show With David Letterman' OR equals 'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien'", which is obviously what you mean and will therefore work as intended. The same holds true for == vs. =% (which is probably how it would have been described earlier).

Quote:
Which kind of makes my point that I'm not quite sure what audience you should inherently be writing for in your user manual. There are going to be people who understand syntax at a level that you've written it for, but then there are people like me who should probably not even try to use this tool because it may be too advanced for them.
Admittedly the target audience of the guide is probably more technical, but only because I wrote it. I wrote the code, I know the code, I know the inner workings of the whole app so undoubtedly, the docs are going to come off that way. I don't think you need any specific background to use SJQ, just a willingness to learn. You ask questions, I'll hopefully point you to somewhere in the docs, you read the docs and hopefully it clicks, if it doesn't then tell me why and hopefully the docs improve over time. Should there be a different version or a more detailed version of the docs? Sure, but considering I don't personally need any docs, the exercise of writing them is tedious at best, and I get nothing out of it, the fact that there's 50 pages there already is a minor miracle.

A read over of the above paragraph sounds like I'm barking at you, please don't take it that way. Ask questions when you need to and I'm more than happy to help (along with a few other veteran SJQ users). But also be mindful that SJQ is a free app, written in my spare time, and so though I aim for high quality docs, I think we can all agree that unless others start to contribute as well, that may or may not happen. And, of course, as you alluded to already, one person's def'n of "high quality" docs is another person's gibberish.