SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've had SJQ 3.0.1.704 running for some time now, and it has been working perfectly. In the last couple of weeks I've started having some problems.

I use SJQ to run comskip. What the symptom is, is that I'll notice a show has no commercials marked. I'll then try to log into the SJQ web interface through Jetty (1.6) to see what is going on. When I connect to the SJQ URL, I get the SJQ admin password prompt as I should. When I type in the password and click "Login", nothing happens. I see the prompt window still there for the password, the the masked text I typed for a password, but clicking "Login" does not get me past the prompt to use SJQ.

My other Jetty apps are working fine. If I shut sage down, and start it back up, my SJQ rule fires, and all of the shows that weren't comskipped yet start processing. As well, I can now login in successfully to the SJQ website in Jetty.

Not sure where to start chasing this problem. Are login attempts into the SJQ application logged anywhere? I don't think it's a Jetty issue as I can get in and log into BMT, Sage Web Server, etc.... Any suggestions?

Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Upgrade to the latest snapshot (3.0.2.790) and see if you continue to have problems. The best thing to do is to enable debug logging in Jetty and scan the Jetty logs for possible errors. It sounds like one or more of the SJQ threads may be getting into an infinite loop or dying off, but it's hard to say. If that were the case, I'd usually see such problems on my own installation, but of course it depends exactly what's causing it (perhaps you're using SJQ in a way that I'm not, which is very possible).

Either way, this kind of problem is going to require you to be running the latest version of the code base, since that's the version I'm running and I don't have the resources/hardware/etc. to run multiple versions. So upgrade to the latest snapshot and see if the problem continues. If so, then enable the Jetty debug logging and see if that shows anything.

In an ideal world, if the problem continues, you'll be able to easily reproduce the problem and explain how I can reproduce it. If I can't reproduce a problem on my system then it's really hard for me to track it down and fix it. In such cases, we have to start adding debug code all over the place to try and pinpoint the problem and then it gets real tedious (not that I'm against doing it, but it's not fun for either of us if we get to that stage).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

No problem. I'll download that version and give it a go. Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can the sjq client be run as a service in windows 7 64 bit?

I remember having a problem when I first set it up but never went back to it. If I recall the script to set it up as service would fail.

I have it running fine as a command line script but would it to run as a service so I dont have to login
Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I just installed the task client as a service on Win7 32 bit. I got the same error initially as you (installing as service failed), but all I had to do was right click on the InstallApp-NT.bat file and run it as Administrator and then it was business as usual.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Help?

I am now running SJQ 3.0.2.790 with the hopes of fixing my issue with Comskip not generating edl files on h.264 files. I am running the latest version of "donator" comskip and been working with erik on his forum. erik so far thinks comskip is working properly. I have output_edl=1 setting (always did)

SJQ and comskip work fine on mpg files. When they run on h.264 files it appears to work as .log files are created and an .edl is created and as soon as it is done the edl and log files disappear with only a .incommercial file remaining on all these files. I have been running 2 cores on files over the past couple of days and am getting nowhere.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Any comments are appreciated.

Ruleset:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl" && $.IsNotManualOrFavorite{} == false && $.GetAiringChannelName{} !% "CSPAN.*|ACMAX.*|KAIDDT.*|STARZ.*|STZ.*|HBO.*|.*MAX.*|SHO.*|TMC.*|PPV\\d+"] {

COMSKIP
}

Client:
COMSKIP {
:RESOURCES 50 # Up to 4 comskips can be run simultaneously (every client has exactly 100 resources available)

# CPU priority to be used for this task process; one of LOW, NORMAL, HIGH (case sensitive)
:CPU "NORMAL" # Default is NORMAL if not specified

# Comskip returns 1 on success instead of the universally accepted zero; tell SJQ that
# a return code of 1 means success instead of the default value of zero
:RETURNCODE 1

"C:/Comskip/comskip.exe \"%c%\""
}
Old 04-17-2010, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Seems like SJQ is running your tasks properly. I'd probably head over to the comskip forums and see what causes the edl, etc. to be deleted and only the .incommercial file to remain. I've personally never seen this .incommercial file.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalt View Post
Can the sjq client be run as a service in windows 7 64 bit?
Works fine here...

Win7 x64 Ultimate
Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Sage Fanatic

Do you have file cleanup configured? If so, you you have the proper file extentions defined in the "when no corresponding files..." area?

FYI, the .incommercial file is generated if you configure comskip to process "recordings in progress".
Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
FYI, the .incommercial file is generated if you configure comskip to process "recordings in progress".
thats how i process my comskip recordings (live)... and i cant say ive ever seen the incommercial file... does it stick around? or is it only there when comskip truelly thinks you are "in commercial"?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
thats how i process my comskip recordings (live)... and i cant say ive ever seen the incommercial file... does it stick around? or is it only there when comskip truelly thinks you are "in commercial"?
It's only if you set live_tv=1 in the comskip.ini and it sticks around even after the recording is finished. I'm not exactly sure what this does, (still playing around with Comskip and SJQ to find the best settings), but my understanding is: comskip can process "recordings in progress" without this setting, but setting live_tv to 1 causes comskip to write the output files more frequently. I haven't yet tried my "record the game and start watching it 30 minutes later" bit to see what if any difference live_tv makes. I will over the next few days, though, because the Wings are starting at decent hours .
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

live_tv=1 in comskip.ini here and no incommercial files....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
live_tv=1 in comskip.ini here and no incommercial files....
No idea then. I think from when I read the changelog it's a somewhat new addition, and I'm using the latest donor version, so not sure. Like I said, I'm new to SJQ and comskip.

That said, I am very impressed with the SJQ + Comskip combination so far. I've been using Dirmon2 and SA for a long time, but based on what I've seen, it looks like I'm moving away from them. Granted, I never put much effort into tweaking SA--even though it wasn't perfect, it wasn't off-base enough to worry about. But Comskip out of the box has been silky-smooth in its transitions, (the skips have not been jarring for the lack of a better/more scientific description). And I like the flexibility + web visibility for SJQ. Nice work.

I've put SRE, (be nice to not have to remember to manually pad games), and SageAlert on my "to try" list .
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to test without sjq running by rebooting the pc and not starting up sjq or the client. When I look in the sjq.log file it appears to still be running as it has a current timestamp in the log. Looking through the processes in task manager I don't see it running unless it is called something else. Can anyone help?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slugger, my SJQ setup is getting buggy. It's my fault I'm sure, but something has changed, probably due to a windows update as I don't touch my WHS box much. Now SJQ Client on my Win 7 box can't connect to the WHS box, in fact the service fails, says it gets a 403 error when trying to write the log to the WHS box. The log file on the WHS box reports the same thing, "NotAuthorized".

What I can't figure is I haven't touched SJQ in months since I got it running, and I was away for work last week and saw a bunch of failed tasks which made me go and check.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for your help!

- Cha
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
I am trying to test without sjq running by rebooting the pc and not starting up sjq or the client. When I look in the sjq.log file it appears to still be running as it has a current timestamp in the log. Looking through the processes in task manager I don't see it running unless it is called something else. Can anyone help?
In SageTV/jetty/context/ dir move the sjq.context.xml file out of that directory to stop SJQ. Replace the file into that dir to restart it.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
Slugger, my SJQ setup is getting buggy. It's my fault I'm sure, but something has changed, probably due to a windows update as I don't touch my WHS box much. Now SJQ Client on my Win 7 box can't connect to the WHS box, in fact the service fails, says it gets a 403 error when trying to write the log to the WHS box. The log file on the WHS box reports the same thing, "NotAuthorized".

What I can't figure is I haven't touched SJQ in months since I got it running, and I was away for work last week and saw a bunch of failed tasks which made me go and check.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for your help!

- Cha
I'm not exactly clear as to what the issue is. You can load the SJQ web site and it lets you login, but then you get the NotAuthorized errors? Which pages give you that error? Is SJQ still running? Check the sjq.log file in the root SageTV install dir. What is that telling you?
Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
In SageTV/jetty/context/ dir move the sjq.context.xml file out of that directory to stop SJQ. Replace the file into that dir to restart it.
Thanks!

eric over at comskip had me drop a h.264 file onto comskip.exe to see if it generated an edl file. It did and then was self deleted in about 10 minutes or so. I have the SJQ file cleaner totally empty and I cannot figure out why my h.264 log and edl files are being deleted automatically. I have now stopped sjq altogether and running another test to see if that yields a clue.
Any other thoughts on what could be autodeleteting edl files on my system for only h.264 files? The edl files are not deleted on mpg files...
Old 04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'm not exactly clear as to what the issue is. You can load the SJQ web site and it lets you login, but then you get the NotAuthorized errors? Which pages give you that error? Is SJQ still running? Check the sjq.log file in the root SageTV install dir. What is that telling you?
That's the weird part, it can't write to the log. The permissions are fine on WHS, hell I opened it up to everyone and their mother and I still can't get the darn thing to write to a log!!!

I attached what event viewer says on my PC when I try to start the SJQ Task Service. I guess I'm working on two separate issues now.
Attached Files
File Type: txt EventViewer.txt (871 Bytes, 137 views)
Software: Sage Server 7.1.9 on Windows 7 (Virtualized in ESXi)
Clients: i3-2105, ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, 4GB DDR3 1600, 64GB SATA III (OS), 2TB WD Green (Recording), PNY GT 430 // 2 x HD-300
Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaOConnor View Post
That's the weird part, it can't write to the log. The permissions are fine on WHS, hell I opened it up to everyone and their mother and I still can't get the darn thing to write to a log!!!

I attached what event viewer says on my PC when I try to start the SJQ Task Service. I guess I'm working on two separate issues now.
In the dir where the task client was installed should be a subdir called logs. In there should be a file called wrapper.log. That file should give a better clue as to why the task client is failing (typically it's because it can't find java or it can't read/write the sjqc.properties file).