SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
ok...got it working.

looks like the task names do not like underscores in them.

COMSKIP_ABC changed to COMSKIPABC seemed to have resolved the issue
Your client logs in the GUI should be showing the exceptions, with that error, no?
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I'm using this to reset an HDPVR when it flakes and it sometimes takes as long as a few minutes.
toricred, would you mind sharing your code? I recently starting getting hit with hdpvr lockups in the last 2 weeks after going almost 6 months without any. I need a way to quickly recover and was curious how you were resetting yours.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

See my post here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...78&postcount=5
Old 06-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Sage User

Newbie How to Setup up SJQTaskClient on WHS

I'm trying to set up SJQ for the first time.
I seen to have the SJQ setup and I can see the Q, - no clients connected.

I'm using WHS and I cant get the SJQTaskClient to start either in a cmd window or as a NT service. I think it may be because (other than the Sage JRE) I've not installed the Java SDK on the WHS machine. I don't was to mess up Sage with multiple Java versions, and I'm trying to keep the WHS machine as "clean" as poss.

So to get the SJQTaskClient to run comskip on the WHS, do I need to download and install the Java SDK on the WHS or am I missing something and theres a way to configure SJQC to use the Sage JRE?

Thanks in Advance

My error log output:

STATUS | wrapper | 2010/06/13 23:00:16 | Launching a JVM...
FATAL | wrapper | 2010/06/13 23:00:16 | Unable to execute Java command. The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)
FATAL | wrapper | 2010/06/13 23:00:16 | "java" -Djava.library.path="../lib" -classpath "../lib/wrappertest.jar;../lib/wrapper.jar;sjqc.jar;json.jar" -Dwrapper.key="y018Cy0A-KY8kg40" -Dwrapper.port=32000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.min=31000 -Dwrapper.jvm.port.max=31999 -Dwrapper.pid=6952 -Dwrapper.version="3.3.1" -Dwrapper.native_library="wrapper" -Dwrapper.service="TRUE" -Dwrapper.cpu.timeout="10" -Dwrapper.jvmid=1 org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjqc.TaskClient
FATAL | wrapper | 2010/06/13 23:00:16 | Critical error: wait for JVM process failed
Old 06-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonpark View Post
So to get the SJQTaskClient to run comskip on the WHS, do I need to download and install the Java SDK on the WHS or am I missing something and theres a way to configure SJQC to use the Sage JRE?
I recently reinstalled my WHS OS for various reasons, and ended up at the same conclusion. Where I previously had SJQ running smoothly, I could not get the SJQTaskClient to start until I installed Java. Once installing Java it started right up and worked fine as it always did. I am not sure if there is a way to not install it, but in my case I just forgot to install it and realized that was what was keeping my WHS from starting the SJQTaskClient. At least this was my experience. Hope it helps.
Clients: 2xHD300, 2xHD200, 2xPS, Client
SageTV/Plugins: v7.1.9, SageDCT, SRE, Comm Det, Jetty, Web Server, Mob Web, PlayOn, E/D Fav, Fav Ex, MF Stop, Enc Names
Old 06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

In the dir where you installed the task client there is a subdir called conf. In there is a file called wrapper.conf. In that file is a line:

wrapper.java.command=java

Change the value to point to the full path of where ever your java.exe is installed and then it should be fine. I've never actually tried this myself, but should work fine. (Remember to escape back slashes in the path name.)
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did a quick search and don't see anything on this....

I've got two questions:
1) I'd like to get _Watched to be run before the file goes through comskip, I've tried setting priority without luck, I suspect because one's an external/client task and the other is internal. Any trick to doing this

2) Is there a way to check for running comskip tasks before starting a new one? I've got a hdpvr and it requires me to restart sage a few times a week, usually there's a comskip already running, and I'd like to not have a new one start if until an prior job is done. I'm asking about looking for the windows task, not the sjq task....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Did a quick search and don't see anything on this....

I've got two questions:
1) I'd like to get _Watched to be run before the file goes through comskip, I've tried setting priority without luck, I suspect because one's an external/client task and the other is internal. Any trick to doing this
Ensure the recording is marked as watched before queuing the comskip task (i.e. add a constraint to the comskip task $.IsWatched{}). This way only the internal task is queued up first so it'll run. Next time the queue loader runs it'll then add the comskip task (since the recording is now marked watched).

Quote:
2) Is there a way to check for running comskip tasks before starting a new one? I've got a hdpvr and it requires me to restart sage a few times a week, usually there's a comskip already running, and I'd like to not have a new one start if until an prior job is done. I'm asking about looking for the windows task, not the sjq task....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
No support for this in SJQ. You could wrap your call to comskip in a batch file (or some other script/program) that ensures no other comskip processes exist before launching one itself.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to ewelin Send a message via MSN to ewelin Send a message via Yahoo to ewelin
So i'm trying to re-record airings of any of the Law & Order series, any of the CSI series and the Life After People Series. Some of the original recordings were done with my HD-PVR in HD, but don't have 5.1 audio and that's why I want to redo them. I figured the easiest way would be to archive all of the existing recordings, which I just did and then setup a rule to reschedule them. Unfortunately my rule doesn't appear to be working... any guidance?

Code:
# Reschedule recording of archived, CSI, L&O and Life After Ppl
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsLibraryFile{} == false && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Law & Order.*|Life After People|CSI.*"] {
  :OFFHOUR "1-7, 9-15, 17-23"
  :RESCHEDOPTS "HDONLY NODELETE"
  _RESCHED
}
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
In the dir where you installed the task client there is a subdir called conf. In there is a file called wrapper.conf. In that file is a line:

wrapper.java.command=java

Change the value to point to the full path of where ever your java.exe is installed and then it should be fine. I've never actually tried this myself, but should work fine. (Remember to escape back slashes in the path name.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I recently reinstalled my WHS OS for various reasons, and ended up at the same conclusion. Where I previously had SJQ running smoothly, I could not get the SJQTaskClient to start until I installed Java. Once installing Java it started right up and worked fine as it always did. I am not sure if there is a way to not install it, but in my case I just forgot to install it and realized that was what was keeping my WHS from starting the SJQTaskClient. At least this was my experience. Hope it helps.
Thanks both. It seems java.exe is not included in the sagTV distribution, so I've installed 32 bit java and it works fine it appears

Last edited by burtonpark; 06-15-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: type
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
So i'm trying to re-record airings of any of the Law & Order series, any of the CSI series and the Life After People Series. Some of the original recordings were done with my HD-PVR in HD, but don't have 5.1 audio and that's why I want to redo them. I figured the easiest way would be to archive all of the existing recordings, which I just did and then setup a rule to reschedule them. Unfortunately my rule doesn't appear to be working... any guidance?

Code:
# Reschedule recording of archived, CSI, L&O and Life After Ppl
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsLibraryFile{} == false && $.GetShowTitle{} =% "Law & Order.*|Life After People|CSI.*"] {
  :OFFHOUR "1-7, 9-15, 17-23"
  :RESCHEDOPTS "HDONLY NODELETE"
  _RESCHED
}
What's making you say it's not working? The rule looks fine.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

even when i remove the offhour, nothing gets added to the queue.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Are there HD airings in the future to be rescheduled? If so, run the recording through the media debugger in SJQ to see why it's not adding the task to the queue.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonpark View Post
Thanks both. It seems java.exe is not included in the sagTV distribution, so I've installed 32 bit java and it works fine it appears
It comes built-in as a java runtime located in the jre folder under the SageTV folder. java.exe would be in that bin folder. But installing java also gives you the latest version.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Are there HD airings in the future to be rescheduled? If so, run the recording through the media debugger in SJQ to see why it's not adding the task to the queue.
It's reporting back that
Code:
'$.IsLibraryFile{} == "false"' == false
I double checked the program and it's definitely been set to archived.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewelin View Post
It's reporting back that
Code:
'$.IsLibraryFile{} == "false"' == false
I double checked the program and it's definitely been set to archived.
But you're testing that it's NOT archived. $.IsLibraryFile{} returns true if the recording is archived, false if it's not. You're testing for false so you're testing that the recording is not archived.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

actually i want the oposite... i archived all of my current recordings so i could easily do a test on them. Basically I have several seasons of Law & Order recorded. Some of the recordings do not have 5.1 audio so if a new airing appears I want to re-record it. I don't want to re-record episodes I already watched nor ones that are recorded from this point forward. That's why I figured I could set the archive flag to true on those existing recordings and do a test for that flag and title and then do a reschedule.

adjusting it to true appears to have done the trick.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

No support for this in SJQ. You could wrap your call to comskip in a batch file (or some other script/program) that ensures no other comskip processes exist before launching one itself.
Got the first part sorted, thanks for the suggestion.
Have built a batch file to check for comskip and run if available. sjq shows a file in the queue, assigns it to the client, then it drops off the list, doesn't hit complete or error lists... any idea what's wrong? The batch file works when run directly... at least the test/wait part. sjq log doesn't seem to show anything dramatic and the file passes debug testing...
any suggestions?

EDIT: resources do reflect a running task for a fraction of a second, then nothing... so the job is starting at the client, maybe my batch call is badly done?
Here's the line
"\"C:\\Program Files\\Comskip\\comskiptaskchk.bat\" \"%c%\""

Last edited by bikesquid; 06-15-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Look in the jetty request log file. Are any connections returning a 500 error? Seems to me someone reported something similar last week and the cause was that they used underscores in their task IDs, which SJQ isn't fond of.

If the tasks do not end up in the failed or completed lists then something is crashing (or that's my best guess). Need to know if anything is returning 500, etc. No exceptions dumped to the sjq server logs? Client logs (click on a client in clients menu then view logs)? Sage debug logs? (Without exception dumps all I can do is guess, and that usually takes a long time to figure out the problem. With exception dumps, the problem can usually be identified in a matter of minutes - fixing it might be another story ).
Old 06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I did find this in client log:
Tue Jun 15 14:44:30 PDT 2010: Starting task with priority 1/1/10
Executing command line: "C:\Program Files\Comskip\comskiptaskchk.bat" "G:\Recorded TV\FormulaOneRacing-CanadianGrandPrix-1784247-0.ts"
ERROR: Input redirection is not supported, exiting the process immediately.
=33 was unexpected at this time.

But I've no idea what that really means, or how to fix....

This is the batch file, (still in progress):
Code:
@echo on
REM	Start a counter

Set count=1

REM	Test for running comskip.exe task, if not found run comskip,
REM	if found wait 10 minutes and try again
REM	If found every 10 minutes for 5.5 hours, kill the task and
REM	try again from the top.

:BEGIN
	tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq comskip.exe" | find /i "comskip.exe" 

IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO TEST1 else goto TEST2

:TEST2 
	echo comskip %1 
	pause
	IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO EXITSUCCESS
	goto EXITFAIL

REM	Wait 10 min then add one to count and recheck
REM	if count = 33 (5.5hrs) kill the task and try again

:TEST1 
	TIMEOUT /T 600 /NOBREAK
	set /a Count=%count%+1
	echo count=%count%
	IF %count%==33 goto KILLIT else GOTO BEGIN

:KILLIT
	For /F "tokens=2" %%n in ('tasklist ^| Find "comskip.exe"') Do Set Task=%%n
	TaskKill /PID %task%
	Set Task=
	Set count=
	GOTO BEGIN

:EXITSUCCESS
Exit /b 1

:EXITFAIL
Exit /b 0
EDIT: It's possible I figured it out... '==' needed when comparing an environment variable.... I'm NOT a programmer. When/if I get this figured out I'll post the batch file in case it helps others.

Last edited by bikesquid; 06-15-2010 at 04:22 PM.