SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

wayner,

Are you recording to the root of the drive ... which is not a good Idea or are you recording to a directory on the drive?

For Example I record to m:\sagem

my mapping looks like this
:MAPDIR "M:\\sagem" "\\\\sageserver\\M$\\sagem"
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Can you try:

:MAPDIR "E:" "\\\\sageserver\\e$"

That should work as expected. The fact that your last line works is probably a bug on my part, you shouldn't have to end the second part with two slashes. I'll have to take a look at it, but now I'm afraid if I "fix" it to what I think it should be, I may end up breaking a lot of people who have had to do something similar to get the expected results.
Sorry - my edit above was a typ0 - :MAPDIR "E:" "\\\\sageserver\\e$\\\\" did work - I needed to remove the slashes after E:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Are you recording to the root of the drive ... which is not a good Idea or are you recording to a directory on the drive?
I am recording to the root as this is a 1.5TB drive split into a system partition and a 1.2 TB data partition for TV shows. Why is recording to the root a bad idea?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am recording to the root as this is a 1.5TB drive split into a system partition and a 1.2 TB data partition for TV shows. Why is recording to the root a bad idea?
It comes down to permissions... It is easier to control permissions on folders then the root of the drive... Also just my preference I like to keep recordings grouped together not on the root where other type of files might get written.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It comes down to permissions... It is easier to control permissions on folders then the root of the drive... Also just my preference I like to keep recordings grouped together not on the root where other type of files might get written.
That's true about permissions as Windows seems kind of wonky about permissions for the root of a drive. But what files get written to the root of a non-system drive?
Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM
SageTVaholic

A question on converting media variables to SJQ v3 from v2. I used to use the following line:
Code:
 :TRANSCODEOPTS "MPEG4-Good Quality Deinterlaced AVI" "false" "\\\\sageserver\\f$\\videos\\Isabella's Shows\\Diego\\%s%.avi"
    _TRANSCODE
The problem is that it now literally names the file "%s%" rather than using the episode name. How do I use the $ variables to insert the episode name? Is it just:
Code:
  :TRANSCODEOPTS "MPEG4-Good Quality Deinterlaced AVI" "false" "\\\\sageserver\\f$\\videos\\Isabella's Shows\\Diego\\$.GetShowEpisode{}.avi"
    _TRANSCODE
Or do I have to do something special in the string handling, such as putting the $ object outside of the quotes, or something like that?
Old 08-11-2010, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Or do I have to do something special in the string handling, such as putting the $ object outside of the quotes, or something like that?
Nope, the latter should work file. $.test{} inside the quotes.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

GetAiringTitle - case sensitive?

Is it possible to use $.GetAiringTitle{} and get it to ignore the case sensitivity for the program title. For example: if the program title is News, NEWS or news, I would like not to have to try to anticipate every combination in the rule set.

if [IsObjMediaFile == "true" && $.IsTVFile{} == true && $.IsFileCurrentlyRecording{} == false && ($.GetAiringTitle{} =* "News" || ($.GetAiringTitle{} =* "NEWS" || ($.GetAiringTitle{} =* "news")))]

Is this already possible?

Cheers

ZZMystique

Last edited by zzmystique; 08-13-2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: error
Old 08-13-2010, 07:52 AM
SageTVaholic

All tests are case sensitive. Open an issue ticket for case insensitive testing, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it because to make this change is not trivial.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Currently, running

Quote:
SJQ v3.1.0.898
Author: Derek Battams <derek AT battams DOT ca>
Project Site: http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com
GWT: 2.0.4 | GWT Home Page
GWT Incubator: 2.0.4 | GWT Incubator Home Page
GWTSRWC: 0.1.0.28 | GWTSRWC Home Page
I've updated through plugins. Do I need to upgrade the client manually? If so, how and where? Client is the same computer (sagetv server). I 'm getting queue jobs and status is running but comskip is not running. Was working before the update.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Currently, running

I've updated through plugins. Do I need to upgrade the client manually? If so, how and where? Client is the same computer (sagetv server). I 'm getting queue jobs and status is running but comskip is not running. Was working before the update.
The task client is the same one you'd have been using for SJQ v3.0.x. If tasks move to the running state, but aren't actually running then have a look at the task logs from the gui, do they give any clues? What state does the task end up in (completed, failed or stuck in running)? Do the SJQ server logs report any errors?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks slugger. I found
Quote:
Client '127.0.0.1' cannot pop a task of type 'COMSKIP': Requires 50 resources, but only 0 available.
Is there a way to restart sjq without restarting my computer. I think it thinks there are 2 comskips running when there is none.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I know you can get around this with the MAPDIR command in SJQ, but does it make more sense to use UNC paths rather than drive letters, particularly if you are using SJQ clients on other PCs?

Is there any downside to this strategy - my old system (V6 on WHS) I used UNC paths as my media folders were all WHS shares but on my new system (V7 on XP)TV is on the E drive and videos on the F drive and I didn't think of this when I set the system up a few weeks ago. It is not too late to change if UNC makes more sense.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Thanks slugger. I found

Is there a way to restart sjq without restarting my computer. I think it thinks there are 2 comskips running when there is none.
Go to SageTV/jetty/contexts/ and open sjq.context.xml. Resave the file (forcing the time stamp to update). That will restart SJQ.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know you can get around this with the MAPDIR command in SJQ, but does it make more sense to use UNC paths rather than drive letters, particularly if you are using SJQ clients on other PCs?

Is there any downside to this strategy - my old system (V6 on WHS) I used UNC paths as my media folders were all WHS shares but on my new system (V7 on XP)TV is on the E drive and videos on the F drive and I didn't think of this when I set the system up a few weeks ago. It is not too late to change if UNC makes more sense.
If it's just SJQ you're worried about then it really shouldn't matter because :MAPDIR is available.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Slugger,

With the new "User Categories" in SageTV7 is it possible to do a test against them?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Slugger,

With the new "User Categories" in SageTV7 is it possible to do a test against them?
I haven't gotten around to upgrading to 7.0.15 yet, but looking at the thread about this feature along with reviewing the Sage API docs, it doesn't appear this feature is implemented via additions to the API (i.e. I don't see any new GetMediaFileUserCategory() type API calls). So my best guess is that it's implemented in the STV via the various *Metadata() API calls (i.e. GetMediaFileMetadata).

If that's the case (someone will have to nudge Opus4 to confirm and/or study the implementation in the STV) then SJQ already supports it in that you can pull metadata about an object and test against it. All you need to know is the name of the metadata property being used for the user categories implementation. Let's say it's called "UserCategory". A test like this will work with the current version of SJQ in the repository:

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.GetMediaFileMetadata{UserCategory} == "DB's Favs"] {
   MyTaskForDBsFavs
}
Now, if all the categories are comma separated in one metadata property, then it gets a little trickier, but not impossible. Use the "contains" test in SJQ instead. For example, if UserCategory is the string "DB's Favs,Vinny's Favs,Everyone" then to work with just Vinny's favs you'd use a test like this:

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.GetMediaFileMetadata{UserCategory} =* "Vinny's Favs"] {
   MyTaskForVinnysFavs
}
In this case, one would have to be careful not to have categories that are substrings of others, otherwise this test may produce false positives.

Finally, even if I missed new API calls that support this feature, as long as the API calls start with Get, Is, or Has (i.e. GetMediaFileUserCategory, IsMediaFileInUserCategory, etc.) then SJQ already automatically will allow calling of the API call in a test.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Administrator

The User Categories can be saved as comma separated lists under "UserCategory" metadata for a MediaFile and under the Favorite & Manual Recording properties [GetManualRecordProperty() or GetFavoriteProperty()]. All 3 values can exist at the same time. There currently is no API call for GetUserCategories() to get them all at once as a comma separated list or as an array & I don't know whether there will be in a future version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

The one below works.. If you assign the recording itself to the category... but if you assign the Usercategory to a favorite it does not find it. I will have to dig deeper.

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && $.GetMediaFileMetadata{UserCategory} == "DB's Favs"] {
   MyTaskForDBsFavs
}
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, setting the user category in a favourite will not work because when SJQ processes a MediaFile object it only allows API calls from MediaFileAPI, AiringAPI, ShowAPI, and ChannelAPI. I would have to update SJQ to allow MediaFile objects to make calls against the FavoriteAPI. But I'm not exactly thrilled about doing that because other than grabbing this one property, most API calls from FavoriteAPI really don't apply to a MediaFile object. I'd be more inclined to create a new custom test or test(s) to support this (beyond the support that was automatically built in). Open the issue ticket if that's something you really want (and be clear just how quickly you really need it because I can see it slipping to SJQv4 unless there's serious demand for it).