SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Yeah, setting the user category in a favourite will not work because when SJQ processes a MediaFile object it only allows API calls from MediaFileAPI, AiringAPI, ShowAPI, and ChannelAPI. I would have to update SJQ to allow MediaFile objects to make calls against the FavoriteAPI. But I'm not exactly thrilled about doing that because other than grabbing this one property, most API calls from FavoriteAPI really don't apply to a MediaFile object. I'd be more inclined to create a new custom test or test(s) to support this (beyond the support that was automatically built in). Open the issue ticket if that's something you really want (and be clear just how quickly you really need it because I can see it slipping to SJQv4 unless there's serious demand for it).
Maybe you can somehow create an Internal task that will assign a user-defined category to a mediafile? by title etc...
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Maybe you can somehow create an Internal task that will assign a user-defined category to a mediafile? by title etc...
Yeah, that's a good idea, too. Add an issue ticket for that as well, please. All of what's been discussed here is simple enough and important enough (to keep up with the latest Sage features) that I will probably add this stuff to SJQ v3.1 on the next rainy day that presents itself to me.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-19-2010, 04:24 PM
SageTVaholic

User Category Support Added!

A new version of SJQ will appear in the repository shortly that adds user category support to SJQ. The following features have been added:

Create new internal tasks:

_ADDUSERCAT

Add a user category label to the media file object being processed. Specify the label to add via the :ADDUSERCATOPTS option. Multiple categories can be added with a comma separated list. The option must be a double quoted string.

_DELUSERCAT

Remove a user category label from the media file object being processed. Specify the label to remove via the :DELUSERCATOPTS option. Again, multiple labels allowed via comma separated list. Option must be a double quoted string.

A new test is now available:

UserCategory, which allows testing against all the user categories the media object belongs to. This special test merges the user categories from the media file's associated favourite object, if applicable. The value you're comparing against is a comma separate list of all of the user categories the object belongs to so when testing for a specific category, use the "contains" test in SJQ. The following rule tests if a media object belongs to the "MyFavs" user category:

Code:
if [IsObjMediaFile == true && UserCategory =* "MyFavs"] {
   MYTASK
}
I've tested all of this new code, but only briefly. Please let me know if you find any issues with it.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up

Quote:
I will probably add this stuff to SJQ v3.1 on the next rainy day that presents itself to me.
Must be Rainy Season

thanks for all the excellent work

Love SJQ and all the capabilities it has.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Must be Rainy Season

thanks for all the excellent work

Love SJQ and all the capabilities it has.

It is raining here in Kingston... my ball game was rained out tonight and it was either go play poker or do some Java coding... I chose the latter. Looking at the issue tickets, I felt like this was the only 1-2 hour project sitting there so it happened to get done rather quickly. 2h15m... a little longer than I hoped for, but not bad.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is raining here in Kingston... my ball game was rained out tonight and it was either go play poker or do some Java coding... I chose the latter. Looking at the issue tickets, I felt like this was the only 1-2 hour project sitting there so it happened to get done rather quickly. 2h15m... a little longer than I hoped for, but not bad.
Slugger thanks works as advertised.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Comskip ON SERVER (internal)?

The title of this should be how to restore 700GB to the system in 42 hours.
I transcoded my recordings that were >30 days old to iPhone standard. 256 recordings (about 256 hrs of analog and HD programming) were queued. 42 hours later they system is done and everything looks and sounds amazing.

I would like to run comskip on the server and set some options. I know I can transcode internal, but can I do comskip internal?

This might be a dumb question, but I have not been able to find my answer.

Thank you.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Just install the task client on the server and configure it to run comskip as desired.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
I would like to run comskip on the server and set some options. I know I can transcode internal, but can I do comskip internal?
There are some tasks that SJQ can do that are "internal" to Sage such as Transcoding which you mention as well as Archiving, Deleting, . Other tasks such as Comskip or actually cutting commercials out of a show with a program like VideoReDo are external tasks.

Comskip can not really become an "internal" Sage task unless Sage were to build Comskip, or other commercial skipping software, into the PVR application. But you can run Comskip as an external activity on your server, or on any other client.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Oops

Oh yeah. Sorry about that but thanks for the explanation.

We want to avoid any idea that Sage removes commercials by default or as part of any internal process (see replaytv).

It does seem a little weird running a batch file to create the client process, though.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
It does seem a little weird running a batch file to create the client process, though.
There is also a version of the task client available that will run as a Windows service.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Red face Service

I'll look into it.

BTW, this kicks a$$!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Question about the relink internal task since I have never used this task.

Let's say Sage records a file called DoraTheExplorer-HideandGoSeek-123456-0.mpg. I then use comskip to create a vprj file and VRD to cut the commercials out of the file. I then use Mediashrink to reencode the file to a more efficient codec such as MPEG-4 - and save it into an avi file. I then save the file to the following file and folder \Video Library\Kids Shows\Dora\HideandGoSeek.avi using SJQ. Can I use the relink task to relink the airing info from the original file to this final file? If so would the syntax be:

Code:
:RELINKOPTS "123456" "\\Myserver\Video Library\Kids Shows\Dora\HideandGoSeek.avi"
_RELINK
Old 08-24-2010, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

File Cleaner - Unknown error

I am trying to set up the file cleaner. Here is what I have:

Delete files with an extension matching this regex: edl|log|txt

When no corresponding file has any of these extensions (separate multiple extensions by '|' with no spaces): mpg|ts

SJQ comes back with "Unknown error, settings not saved to server!" in red at the top.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
File Cleaner - Unknown error

I am trying to set up the file cleaner. Here is what I have:

Delete files with an extension matching this regex: edl|log|txt

When no corresponding file has any of these extensions (separate multiple extensions by '|' with no spaces): mpg|ts

SJQ comes back with "Unknown error, settings not saved to server!" in red at the top.
Usually means you've been logged out for some reason... refresh the GUI and try again.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Usually means you've been logged out for some reason... refresh the GUI and try again.
Thanks - that worked like a charm.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Question about the relink internal task since I have never used this task.

Let's say Sage records a file called DoraTheExplorer-HideandGoSeek-123456-0.mpg. I then use comskip to create a vprj file and VRD to cut the commercials out of the file. I then use Mediashrink to reencode the file to a more efficient codec such as MPEG-4 - and save it into an avi file. I then save the file to the following file and folder \Video Library\Kids Shows\Dora\HideandGoSeek.avi using SJQ. Can I use the relink task to relink the airing info from the original file to this final file? If so would the syntax be:

Code:
:RELINKOPTS "123456" "\\Myserver\Video Library\Kids Shows\Dora\HideandGoSeek.avi"
_RELINK
Nudge me again late tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't replied to this. It's been so long since I added that internal task to SJQ that I'm going to have to go read the user guide and some source code to refresh myself on what was done there. I think you've pretty much nailed it, but I really don't remember.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was curious if there was a way to pause the queue?

Hello Slugger,

I just installed SJQ 3 and am doing some testing ...

I was curious if there was a way to pause the queue? (during testing as I adjust batch files)

if I exit the batch file I used to start sjqc.bat will that affect the processes that sjqclient started ?

(will stopping sjqclient stop the processes started by sjqclient also)

I have a batch file I'm using as a wrapper to mediashrink and wanted to know I wouldn't be confusing things ...

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 08-28-2010, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101 View Post
Hello Slugger,

I just installed SJQ 3 and am doing some testing ...

I was curious if there was a way to pause the queue? (during testing as I adjust batch files)
No. But you can configure your clients to stop accepting tasks. Details on how to do that are in the user guide.

Quote:
if I exit the batch file I used to start sjqc.bat will that affect the processes that sjqclient started ?

(will stopping sjqclient stop the processes started by sjqclient also)
I'd have to review the code, but my gut tells me yes, stopping the client will kill any worker threads it had created.

Quote:
I have a batch file I'm using as a wrapper to mediashrink and wanted to know I wouldn't be confusing things ...

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
Best thing to do is just test what you're trying to do and ensure it does what you think it should. You definitely want to test your setup thoroughly before just leaving it and forgetting about it.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:48 AM

Rerun tasks

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to get a task to re-run at regular intervals.

I have a situation where I have multiple sagetv clients at different locations, and if one location watches a show it becomes maked as watched and then is deleted before the older unwatched shows.

I was hoping to run job that every hour removes the watched status from all shows but alas if the job has already queued once for a show it will not again unless i remove it manually from the job log.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks