SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I need to see the Jetty request logs. SageTV/jetty/logs/yyyy_mm_dd.request.log and I need to know approximately what time you saw this problem (so I can find the corresponding requests in the log file).
Here's the log, anything going to 192.168.1.119 is pointing at the new client.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2010_10_01.request - Copy.log.zip (85.8 KB, 185 views)
Old 10-01-2010, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, client 119 accepts a job and immediately reports it failing. This is usually because the exe you're telling the client to run is invalid. I'm surprised there is no output from the jobs telling you the exact problem. But that's the issue - every job client 119 accepts is immediately marked as failed so that's where you want to be looking. You might want to wrap the exe you're calling in a batch file and redirect the output to a file so you can see exactly what's going on. Usually it's a path name issue or something.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, client 119 accepts a job and immediately reports it failing. This is usually because the exe you're telling the client to run is invalid. I'm surprised there is no output from the jobs telling you the exact problem. But that's the issue - every job client 119 accepts is immediately marked as failed so that's where you want to be looking. You might want to wrap the exe you're calling in a batch file and redirect the output to a file so you can see exactly what's going on. Usually it's a path name issue or something.
So made a change to the client ruleset and now a log is showing. The problem is the client doesn't have the same drive letter mapping for the recording, so the task is failing. I understood the %c% to be the UNC location, not a drive letter designation.... How can I provide the full path to the client? i.e. \\server\drive\file.
log entry:
"C:\Program Files\comskip\comskip.exe" "G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts" Opening G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts
No such file or directory - could not open file G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts

EDIT: I do see this reference

"If your recordings are in D:\tv on your server, but your client has the directory available only via UNC paths then use a MAPDIR directive on the client to remap D:\tv to the appropriate UNC path where the client can find the file.If your recordings are in D:\tv on your server, but your client has the directory available only via UNC paths then use a MAPDIR directive on the client to remap D:\tv to the appropriate UNC path where the client can find the file."

But wonder as my client has a "G:" drive and sage needs it if this would mess up mapping in general?

Last edited by bikesquid; 10-01-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
So made a change to the client ruleset and now a log is showing. The problem is the client doesn't have the same drive letter mapping for the recording, so the task is failing. I understood the %c% to be the UNC location, not a drive letter designation.... How can I provide the full path to the client? i.e. \\server\drive\file.
log entry:
"C:\Program Files\comskip\comskip.exe" "G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts" Opening G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts
No such file or directory - could not open file G:\Recorded TV\GreysAnatomy-ShocktotheSystem-3189565-0.ts

EDIT: I do see this reference

"If your recordings are in D:\tv on your server, but your client has the directory available only via UNC paths then use a MAPDIR directive on the client to remap D:\tv to the appropriate UNC path where the client can find the file.If your recordings are in D:\tv on your server, but your client has the directory available only via UNC paths then use a MAPDIR directive on the client to remap D:\tv to the appropriate UNC path where the client can find the file."

But wonder as my client has a "G:" drive and sage needs it if this would mess up mapping in general?
The :MAPDIR is internal to the SJQ task client only. All it does is a search and replace within the task client app only. It doesn't actually map any drives on your system, etc. You will need a :MAPDIR in your client config to remap G: as a UNC path.

EDIT: Or add G: as a mapped network drive on the client machine pointing to the G: on the server machine

Last edited by Slugger; 10-01-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tried the :MAPDIR like this:
:MAPDIR "G:\\Recorded TV" "\\\\Master-PC\\g" #which is the UNC share to that folder on that drive.
"\"C:\\Program Files\\comskip\\comskip.exe\" \"%c%\""

and got this in the log:
Executing command line: G:\Recorded TV \\Master-PC\g Cannot run program "G:\Recorded": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

In the server logs, you should see some output like:

MAPPING: G:\Recorded TV => \\Master-PC\g

Does the mapping look right in your logs?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think there's a syntax problem, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Here's the server log line that seems relevent:

[ClientParser]: WARNING: Skipping unrecognized option 'MAPDIR'

In the client log there's a warning message stating that there's a unrecognized ":" at the line # doing the :MAPDIR command.

EDIT: I just moved the :MAPDIR command outside the comskip task, thinking that it needs to be a seperate section pre-comskip commands.

Last edited by bikesquid; 10-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, :MAPDIR is a global command, it needs to be outside any task def'n blocks. Now it's all good?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, :MAPDIR is a global command, it needs to be outside any task def'n blocks. Now it's all good?
YES! Moving it to the front (top) of the command cleared it up....
I'm getting a permissions issue now but don't know why. The share has 'everyone' having full control....

the log:
Executing command line: "C:\Program Files\comskip\comskip.exe" "\\Master-PC\g\NewScandinavianCooking-MackerelTheShinyBountyofSummer-3190163-0.ts" Comskip 0.80.031, made using: mpeg2dec-0.4.0 - by Michel Lespinasse <walken@zoy.org> and Aaron Holtzman Permission denied - could not open file \\Master-PC\g\NewScandinavianCooking-MackerelTheShinyBountyofSummer-3190163-0.ts
Old 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

You're running the task client as a service, right? If so, you need to change the account it runs as, I believe. By default services run with the LocalSystem account and that account cannot access network resources. Change the user it runs as to your user account (assuming it has permission to access the share) and it should be good to go. If that's not it, I'll have to defer to Windows experts - MS Windows networking is not my forté.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You're running the task client as a service, right? If so, you need to change the account it runs as, I believe. By default services run with the LocalSystem account and that account cannot access network resources. Change the user it runs as to your user account (assuming it has permission to access the share) and it should be good to go. If that's not it, I'll have to defer to Windows experts - MS Windows networking is not my forté.
Damn you're good!

OK, for all the other dysfunctional folks out there, when setting up comskip to run on a windows 7 client, accessing a windows 7 server:
if using NT service version make sure service is logging in as a valid user on network - start task manager, goto services tab, select 'services' at bottom right, find the SJQTaskClient service, right click, goto properties and modify login info.
use :MAPDIR at the beginning of the client config file, (outside and before the task brackets). As I have spaces,etc in my structure I used:

:MAPDIR "G:\\Recorded TV" "\\\\Master-PC\\g\\Recorded TV\\"

and the comskip command that works for me is:

"\"C:\\Program Files\\comskip\\comskip.exe\" \"%c%\""
Old 10-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Red face HD-PVR Job Transcoding Halted

Everything has been working for a while now and very well. Suddenly my hd-pvr recordings stopped transcoding.

1. SJQ sees the *.ts files
2. SJQ queues them up
3. SJQ adds them to Sage for trancoding
4. The recordings stay there with a status of Waiting...
5. All other Sage and SJQ processes continue normally.

Could you give me a couple of ideas on where to look for the problem? I do not have any blackout times, SJQ adds and resolves the transcode normally,
I have not changed the syntax for the Jobs in a long time.

Server throws no errors, and sjq sees the job as being completed correctly without error, but the jobs stay in Waiting status and do not queue up.

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2010, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncote0 View Post
Everything has been working for a while now and very well. Suddenly my hd-pvr recordings stopped transcoding.

1. SJQ sees the *.ts files
2. SJQ queues them up
3. SJQ adds them to Sage for trancoding
4. The recordings stay there with a status of Waiting...
5. All other Sage and SJQ processes continue normally.

Could you give me a couple of ideas on where to look for the problem? I do not have any blackout times, SJQ adds and resolves the transcode normally,
I have not changed the syntax for the Jobs in a long time.

Server throws no errors, and sjq sees the job as being completed correctly without error, but the jobs stay in Waiting status and do not queue up.

Thanks!

You use the Sage transcoder to transcode? If so, sounds like the internal task client has died. In the UI, go to Tools > Get Server Snapshot (Debug) and look for the InternalTaskClient thread. If it's dead then disable the SJQ plugin and reenable it.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Slugger, after upgrading to v7 and installing the latest SJQ and SageAlert, I wanted to thank you again for your work on these great tools. I look forward to seeing SJQv4 progress.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Smile Problem Solved

Quote:
You use the Sage transcoder to transcode? If so, sounds like the internal task client has died. In the UI, go to Tools > Get Server Snapshot (Debug) and look for the InternalTaskClient thread. If it's dead then disable the SJQ plugin and reenable it
That is good to know in case it happens in the future. The problem was even easier for me. I had accidently replaced some trancode text, realized my mistake and replaced the text. The text I used was the wrong case and the trancode process is case sensitive? I am recording with AC3 but had typed it as With AC3.

Thanks for the quick response anyway.

Truth be told, I have not been very happy with the 6.6.2.218 transcoding from ts files. Specifically, my ability to FF play mpg's has gone away.

Has anyone had success with fast forward after transcoding ts files using another program like handbrake?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

I am considering switching my SageTV Windows XP computer to SageTV Linux version. Will SJQ work on Linux? Or, will I need to run it from a Windows computer?

Dave
Old 10-03-2010, 09:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
I am considering switching my SageTV Windows XP computer to SageTV Linux version. Will SJQ work on Linux? Or, will I need to run it from a Windows computer?

Dave
I haven't done extensive testing on Linux for SJQv3, but it should work fine. The upcoming SJQv4 will work fine on Linux.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a dumb/newb question. I am currently using comskip + comskip monitor. However, I would like to make the switch over to SJQ so I don't waste CPU rescources processing comskip on live TV or PBS. I think I have I have SJQ configured correctly, but it is showing all of the previous shows I have recorded and already run comskip on. My question is this, will SJQ run comskip on those recordings again? If so, is there any way to tell SJQ to omit the job if it already has an edl file associated with it?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I have a dumb/newb question. I am currently using comskip + comskip monitor. However, I would like to make the switch over to SJQ so I don't waste CPU rescources processing comskip on live TV or PBS. I think I have I have SJQ configured correctly, but it is showing all of the previous shows I have recorded and already run comskip on. My question is this, will SJQ run comskip on those recordings again? If so, is there any way to tell SJQ to omit the job if it already has an edl file associated with it?
&& FileExists != "%d%/%p%.edl"
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 10-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

I'm using live_tv=1 now as an option for Comskip, which is currently launched from the Commercial Detector plug-in. This means that the .edl file will be written to from the time it launches so if I'm watching live TV, I'm getting commercial skipping data mostly real-time.

OK, here's the question. When using live_tv=1, how do I know when Comskip is done running as a check for SJQ? The .edl file creation used to be the signal for that as it was created at the completion of Comskip. I'm trying to hold off doing any other processing, like MediaShrink, on the file while Comskip has it open because I've had several instances now where MediaShrink finishes first (higher task priority) and can't delete the file because Comskip simultaneously has hold of it.

Any ideas?
Client: HD300, Asus Pundit P1-AH1, AMD 3800+ X2 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 6150 graphics, ArcSoft decoders
Backup: Synology
SageTV version: FINAL