SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Sage User

Guide text format

I got the EPG looking nice in SageTV, but when I switched over to SageMC, the guide no longer looks as nice. I can make the fonts smaller and I even figured out the settings file where I can make the font plain, but I can't seem to specify the ability to use 2 rows of text rather than an ellipsis (...) nor get rid of the 1/4" of blank space from the beginning of a program to where the text starts.

Update: I dug around the .properties files and tried (on a test file) changing all the <WrapText>false</WrapText> to 'true', but it didn't change a thing.

I've included two screen shots of what I'm talking about. I really want to use SageMC, but have the EPG like the default STV...

So far I've navigated my way around just fine, but the no text wrap is getting annoying. Using zap2it is almost easier to navigate large swaths of time/channels even with load times. I also like the arrow buttons that would change the date on the default STV. I figured out typing a number and pressing "Ctrl-F" (forward) does what I want, but the arrows were nice.

Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTVepg_5row.JPG (125.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg SageMCepg_5row.JPG (111.4 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by lanmat; 12-04-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Sage User

Anyone?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

you should be able to wrap the text fairly easily if you go into studio and edit the source code.... (don't know your programming skills, or comfortableness messing around with the source but.... you can read some of the FAQ's over in the studio sub forum to get yourself acquainted).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Sage Icon

i messed with this tonight because it intrigued me and figured i would share. See the attached .zip file.

1. Copy the .xml file your STV folder. Usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3
  2. From the SageMC home screen go to: My Menu -> Settings -> Import STVi -> Select Guide Wrapped Text 01.xml
  3. Say yes to import. The text should now wrap in the guide if the text size / box height combo allow it to (ie wrapped text fits).
Note: There is no option to disable the wrapping in the guide once this STVi is enabled. To disable it you would either have to modify the STV file directly or revert to your original STV file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Guide Wrapped Text 01.zip (1,008 Bytes, 186 views)
Check out TVExplorer