SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

It's probably an authentication issue. Are teh shares password protected? If so, try opening them up on the freenas and see if that changes things. Would at least confirm where the problem is.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Actually I have been troubleshooting with Olef (the developer of the app) and while doing more testing I ruled out the network entirely. After a lot of goofing around, I finally piped the results of the bat file to a .txt file to see line by line what was going on, and found that the first 64 ISO's mount but no more after that, so at this point THIS SOLUTION ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 65 MOVIES!!! I'm asking the developer why this limitation exists...

Tom
Old 01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Olef just confirmed that it will ONLY mount 64 ISO's at any one time, so if you have any decent movie collection this won't work. I'm asking if there is any way he can increase it, I'll post my results...

Tom
Old 01-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm now looking at a utility called PFM, http://www.pismotechnic.com/pfm/ap/ looks like it mounts more than 64, however each mount is a new process that is 2.5MB or so, may not be worth it. UGH this is frustrating. Sage should support this natively, the fact that their hardware supports native ISO playing is even more maddening!

Tom
Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Sage User

re: ImDisk & the batch file.

This works flawlessly. Thanks!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
UGH this is frustrating. Sage should support this natively, the fact that their hardware supports native ISO playing is even more maddening!
Agree wholeheartedly. Did you get anywhere with Olaf?

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage User

+1 for ISO support
Old 05-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
Ugh I'm so stuck, I think this will work if I can only get it to mount network ISO's! Can anyone else mount ISO's on a network share somewhere? From what I see in the docs for the utility it seems like it supports it, but I can't for the life of me get past this invalid paramater!!! HELP!!!

Tom
I cannot get network ISOs to mount from a batch script. It's fine if I right click & mount from the imdisk GUI but not using the command line. In the GUI you do specify a drive letter but evidently not in the command line. I am using Widows 7 if that makes any difference although I have switched off UAC & autoload the device driver at startup. Olef's forum is pretty much incomprehensible to me.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE-Refugee View Post
I cannot get network ISOs to mount from a batch script. It's fine if I right click & mount from the imdisk GUI but not using the command line. In the GUI you do specify a drive letter but evidently not in the command line. I am using Widows 7 if that makes any difference although I have switched off UAC & autoload the device driver at startup. Olef's forum is pretty much incomprehensible to me.
OK, I can mount an ISO that is on a network drive using a UNC as long as the mount point is on a local disk. What I cannot do is create the mount point on the network share. If I try this I get the error:-

Error creating mount point: Access is denied.
Warning: The device is created without a mount point.

Last edited by MCE-Refugee; 05-15-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Windows can only mount to local discs. It has no 'real' control over the remote filesystem, and as such, can't mount to network shares.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Aaaaargh!!! It was working fine yesterday & now it isn't. The error on my Mac Sage client is :-

There was a Playback Error in playback. Details:
sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-3,0x0): There was a problem
accessing the filesystem for playback.

I can access the files OK from the client machine outside of SageTV through the Shared Folder.

I assume that it is some obscure Windows file protection problem but damned if I can figure out what or how to fix it. Why can't Sage jut support ISOs & then we wouldn't have to muck about with this stuff.