SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem with Aspect Ratio Modes

When I am watching a non-widescreen show and I choose the Fill or 16x9 aspect ratio modes the video gets stretched to fit a 16x9 screen but the black bars on the sides remain, cutting off the edges of the now stretched video.

While the video is playing if I edit the aspect ratio as soon as I adjust the width 1% in either direction the black bars disappear and the full picture is shown. Once I change the aspect ratio mode and try to go back to Fill or 16x9 the same thing happens with the cut off stretched picture.

Everything works the way it should in the default STV, but not SageMC. I tried both the release version and the latest beta.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I found that if I go back to a menu then back to the video it will fill the screen like it should. I can also change the volume and when the volume bar disappears it will fill the screen too. If I just leave it alone it won't fill the screen though. It is very odd.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the exact same problem. i reported it in the bug report thread months ago and got no response.

I've tried reloading sage, the OS, everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze2112 View Post
I can't seem to find anything about this anywhere else in here, so here goes.

I'm having problems with changing A/R within SageMC. I've got a button mapped on my remote to cycle thru the 4 different aspect ratios (Fill, Source, 16:9, and 4:3) and when changing A/R's it messes up the size of the picture. If I go out to the main menu then the a/r seems to fix itself.

I'll show you what I mean with some screenshots.

So, lets start out in 16:9 watching HDTV, this a/r (which I've modified slightly to remove a small black strip at the top) is working fine.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...x9_working.JPG

now we'll switch it to 4:3, which seems to work fine as well, as you can see it's squished the widescreen picture.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil..._3_working.JPG

now this is what happens when I switch back to 16:9, as you can see it's made the picture a little wider, but not full width like it was originally. if I go to the main menu, the preview window looks correct, and if I make it fullscreen again all is fixed.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...ot_working.JPG

Now, if I go back to the regular SageTV3.xml, everything works fine, no messed up A/R's.

Normally I wouldn't care much about this, but it's a real pain when trying to go from watching HDTV that's in 16:9 to movies that are anamorphic and have to be set to source to look right.

I first noticed this behaviour when I upgraded to a beta SageMC xml (i think it was the 6.3.9.41) to fix the squished menus, and have since upgraded both sagetv and sagemc to the latest versions (SageTV ver. 6.5.20.216, and SageMC version 6.3.9a). The only thing that struck me as a little odd is that the sagemc.jar version is 6.3.8.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
only difference between my original post and now, is I'm now running Win7, and the latest non-betas of both SageTV and SageMC.

Last edited by kamikaze2112; 12-11-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze2112 View Post
only difference between my original post and now, is I'm now running Win7, and the latest non-betas of both SageTV and SageMC.
my install also started doing this after i switched to win7, i was all ready to wipe sage and do it again, guess im not the only one.

i got all the newest versions of all the releases on my install.

btw im also still using "auto-aspect-sagemc.xml" or whatever is it called and thought it was that import that wasnt working right at first too. but guess its not
Old 12-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Sage Expert

+1. I'm on Vista. I thought it was just my setup because I hadn't seen it anywhere else on the forum.

Guess I need to file a bug report too.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I occasionally experience this using XP.. I have a different issue with DVDs......