SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
If possible it would also be nice if the Send To menu in the Program Information screen had this ability as well. I'm using this to set up my kids shows without having to go all the way to the other end of the house and doing it manually. Yeah I know I'm lazy, but that's what having 3 very active kids is all about.
My general plan for the next release is to add this to anywhere that has a "Send To" menu. The program info screen is the one that is of interest to me, so that one will definately be in there.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

This should work for music as I do this with the WebServer so no reason why not.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Sage User

Hi
I have a hauppauge media extender, when I installed the plugins everything went fine. But when I click on Stop -> send to
I have a message "There are no other clients running"
My MVP is running and in sagetv web interface I can control it.
can you please help?
I am using sagetv 6.6 with sageMC.

Cheers & thanks for this great plugin
Old 12-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimyosra View Post
Hi
I have a hauppauge media extender, when I installed the plugins everything went fine. But when I click on Stop -> send to
I have a message "There are no other clients running"
My MVP is running and in sagetv web interface I can control it.
can you please help?
I am using sagetv 6.6 with sageMC.

Cheers & thanks for this great plugin
Do you have more than one extender? It will only show you OTHER extenders that are running (since there is really no point in sending the video to the extender it is already on).
Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I ask my self, how noob can I be???

I've downloaded the stvi file into the sagetv\stvs\sagetv3 directory, but when i choose "Import STVi" from within sageMC, it only shows the xml files in the directory!

There are at least two other STVi files in the folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

I got it... Changed the file extension to .xml... Very cool add-on, my kids will love it since they won't have to plead with me to go up stairs and put on a movie
Old 01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
I too have a setup with a server headend and a hauppauge mvp and since only one is actually an extender I get the no running media extenders problem too, would it be possible to make this work with my setup as I would love this feature it would make going to bed at night that much easier
Old 01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan15 View Post
I ask my self, how noob can I be???

I've downloaded the stvi file into the sagetv\stvs\sagetv3 directory, but when i choose "Import STVi" from within sageMC, it only shows the xml files in the directory!

There are at least two other STVi files in the folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I see that you already figured out the solution. The only reason that it has an stvi extension instead of xml is that uploading is limited to certain extensions. stvi is allowed, xml is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
I too have a setup with a server headend and a hauppauge mvp and since only one is actually an extender I get the no running media extenders problem too, would it be possible to make this work with my setup as I would love this feature it would make going to bed at night that much easier
This is on my todo list, after I get out a version that works from the other "Send to" menus in SageMC. It'll be a little more complicated since it will involve some kind of remote procedure call.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Sage User

Talking

Quote:
I got it... Changed the file extension to .xml... Very cool add-on, my kids will love it since they won't have to plead with me to go up stairs and put on a movie
Exactly why I loaded it

Just wanted to echo my appreciation for this import. Excellent work. I've used it nearly every day since installing.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Since changing over to sage server, I can't get this add-on to recognize any of my extenders. When I log onto the webserver, I see that my extender is online, but when I use the stop, send to menu it says that there are no other clients running.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Since changing over to sage server, I can't get this add-on to recognize any of my extenders. When I log onto the webserver, I see that my extender is online, but when I use the stop, send to menu it says that there are no other clients running.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
How many extenders do you have online? (specifically, is it more than one.) We are talking about extenders and not clients, right? (I see 3xMediaMVP in your sig, I just want to make sure.)

Also, when you press stop and it says that there is no where to send it, is that on one of the extenders or on the client running on the server?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

i am using the sent to feature from my server (i don't have any clients running but i do have a license). i currently have only one mvp online (i can fire up the other two if it would help). also i should note that when i log into the webserver, it show the one mvp is online and will let me send movies to it from there.

also this import was working for me a couple days ago, but since i moved into service mode it has not (i did to a full refresh of stv and xml file).

is there any logging that i should turn on or post?

thanks for the help!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to use this with the default UI?
I'd love to use it!

Fraser
Old 01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
i am using the sent to feature from my server (i don't have any clients running but i do have a license). i currently have only one mvp online (i can fire up the other two if it would help). also i should note that when i log into the webserver, it show the one mvp is online and will let me send movies to it from there.

also this import was working for me a couple days ago, but since i moved into service mode it has not (i did to a full refresh of stv and xml file).

is there any logging that i should turn on or post?

thanks for the help!
Ok, you will not be able to use this STVi with that configuration. This is a little complicated, but let me try to explain why. There are two types of connections, clients and extenders. All clients run in their own process. All extenders run in the server's process. This means that controlling the extenders from the server (or another extender) is a local operation. Controlling a client from an extender (or the other way around) is a remote operation. Currently, this STVi can only do the local operations. (I plan to eventually implement the remote operations, but that is a whole other can of worms.)

What this means for you: When you weren't in service mode, the running sagetv UI on the server is the server context. Which means that from this context you can control extenders. When you run in service mode, the server context is the service. Now when you load up a sagetv UI on the server, it is a client. And so it can't see the extenders (because that is a remote operation).

The reason the webui can see them is that it runs in the server context.

So, if you try this from one extender to send to another extender, that should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack_30 View Post
Is there a way to use this with the default UI?
I'd love to use it!

Fraser
Not at the current time. I can put it on my TODO list, but no promises since that list is getting pretty long. Anyone else that wants to port this over is welcome to do anything they want with the code.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for explaining that to me, it makes perfect sense. At least I can jump online now and execute the commands from the webserver. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Version 2.0 Beta

Attached is a beta release of version 2 of this STVi. I've done some testing and it is now in daily use on my system, but I wanted to let some people try it out before I add it to the uploads section.

Release Notes:
* Now works from the "Send to..." on the default program info screen as well as the "TV Info Screen" STVi
* Can use "Send to..." menu for Recorded TV, Videos, DVD/Bluray, TV Guide (Current Airings only)
* Use webserver/extenders.properties if it exists. Fall back to clients/clientmap.properties.
* Property: sagemc/send_to_extender_start_action has 3 possible values
"pause" = Start the media file on the selected extender but start it paused
"play" = Start playing the media file immediately on the selected extender
"ask" = After selecting an extender, ask whether to start the media file immediately or to start it paused

* Note: Since I rewrote a lot of the "Send to..." menu for this version, there is a chance that I broke any STVis that link to it. The only one I use is the TV Info Screen, so I made sure not to break that one. If there are others that anyone uses and I broke, let me know and I'll look into getting this STVi and the others to play nicely together
Attached Files
File Type: zip send-to-extender-v2-beta1.zip (109.3 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by skiingwiz; 03-09-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for this, will certainly make like easier around here.

I have not installed V2 yet because I wanted to get the initial setup working before diving into v2. Couple of questions:

1. is it possible to have the Extenders sorted on the basis of the description? I moved the extenders around on the properties file but that did not do it. Maybe they are being sorted on the basis of the mac address?

2. I am getting some huge spacing shown between each extender, as per the attached. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Send to.jpg (81.1 KB, 142 views)
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
1. is it possible to have the Extenders sorted on the basis of the description? I moved the extenders around on the properties file but that did not do it. Maybe they are being sorted on the basis of the mac address?
That's a good idea. It's not sorted at all now. They are in whatever order the Sage API puts them in. I'll add that to my todo list.

Quote:
2. I am getting some huge spacing shown between each extender, as per the attached. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Wow, that's not what it's supposed to look like. I'm not sure what would cause that. You're the first person to mention the problem. It definitely doesn't look like that here. I'll play around and see if I can cause that to happen. (And if I can, I should be able to fix it.)
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for looking into this.

If it helps, I really did not know how to create a properties file from scratch and ended up copying one of the extender files located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\clients, deleting the contents and renaming it to clientmap.

The contents of the file in case that is what is causing the issue:

001d6a5cab95=Alex's Room
001d6a5caa28=Mark's Room
001d6a5cabf1=Master Bedroom
001d6a5cabf2=Sophie's Room

There is nothing else on the file.

Thanks.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks.
Got to be the scaling insert setting on the stvi.

ps what theme is that you are using?