SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

@MavRic what OS are you running and if either Vista or Windows 7 do you have UAC enabled?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

beta 18

Here's beta18

Fixed
1. Adjusted how the VFS determines that 2 mediafiles are the same
2. Automatic Plugin Changes;
- Will not direct update Wiz.bin, ie, it uses .properties only
- Will not use a separate thread (ie, all requests are sequential)
- You can choose not to create .properties (will be created, but also removed once the metadata has been imported)
- Will not import TV as sage recordings
3. Fanart will now create the Central Folder if it does not exist
4. Changed Thumbnails in web ui to default to SageTV thumbnails if missing the fanart poster.

This will probably be the last beta. The next release will probably be the final 4.0 build, but it won't be for at least 2 weeks... because I can't do any work on bmt (or anything else for that matter) for 2 weeks

The most significant change in this build is that I've basically gutted the automatic plugin. In 4.0, I was trying to do something more clever with the automatic plugin that would make it more flexible, such as allow for importing tv shows as recordings, etc... but it's just causing too many other side effects, since i'm doing stuff that was never meant to be done inside the SageTV metadata parser interface. When/If sagetv ever creates/releases a version 7 of sagetv, and they include some of my requests for extra API calls, then maybe I can look at enhancing the automatic plugin. But for now, if you need to import TV as recordings, you'll have to the web ui.

I've also removed the options for overwriting fanart/metadata from within the automatic plugin. So, you want to overwrite fanart/metadata via the automatic plugin, then remove the .properties and fanart first.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Sage User

Hi, and thanks for a wonderful tool.

Attached are screenshots of beta18 vs beta15 while viewing "All TV Grouped by Season". In beta18, it appears that it will only show the first season folder in the list that it pulls back. In beta15, it will pull back all 6 seasons, but it displays Season 3 first, which is the only season that beta18 displays. In another TV series, beta15 shows Season 2 first, and beta18 only shows the Season 2 folder.

Hope my observation helps!
Wade
Attached Images
File Type: png beta18.PNG (76.3 KB, 200 views)
File Type: png beta15.PNG (107.3 KB, 189 views)
Old 03-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Great Utility. I have been using the 3.x version for a while and just loaded up the beta on 4 this week. So far it looks pretty solid, although I do echo Wade's comments about the "All TV Grouped by Season" view in the web UI.

Thanks for all the hard work. This and a few of the other plugins really make Sage work for me.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Sean - loaded up beta 18 - seems to be working well on the files it can see - but it seems like it can't find all of the recordings that I have on my system.

For instance, I've got 7 episodes of 24 in my Recordings right now, but the 'Recordings' view only shows one. And for shows that it does see more than one, it usually doesn't see all of them......

btl.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

ok... I have this working on my setup... but obviously I'm missing something. I have to take some time off... but I'll try to look at the grouping code to see why this is no longer working. I know I did make some changes a few versions back to help with another issue that Mike found. Even though the unit tests are passing... something is wrong
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Besides the grouping, it's working really well. Take some time off already. It's just meta-data

btl.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
It's working really well. Take some time off already. It's just meta-data
I second this. Installed beta 18 last night and so far, I've had no issues, not even the grouping issue (at least not yet). Enjoy some well deserved rest. It will do none of us any good if you get burned out. Wish I could contribute to a beer (or liquor of choice) fund. Best I can offer is my best wishes for a nice vacation from all of this. For my part, I'm going to enjoy all of the great work you've done.

Watch some TV/movies

Many thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Really, really minor thing I noticed after an extremely easy upgrade from 3.1 to 4.0... the browser's title bar says "4.0-beta17" when it should say beta18. I checked the status page in the web UI and it does clearly say it's actually beta 18.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Really, really minor thing I noticed after an extremely easy upgrade from 3.1 to 4.0... the browser's title bar says "4.0-beta17" when it should say beta18. I checked the status page in the web UI and it does clearly say it's actually beta 18.
That's interesting. I've seen this on most of the beta builds (the tab title being one or two versions behind). I always assumed it was some sort of browser caching issue. Looking at the webui for beta18 on firefox for me it actually says 4.0-beta16.

Just checked it on Internet Explorer, where I've never previously accessed the webui from, says 4.0-beta17.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
SageTVaholic

The version mismatch is a basically a timing issue on my part. ie, if the webui doesn't change, then I tend not to rebuild it... and the version in the title only gets updated when I rebuild the UI (which is a separate project). I'll try to do a better job of syncing those in the future

As for people that are missing fields in the tv grouping... do you notice anything odd about the files that it is including/exluding. I have a mix of sage recordings and non sage recordings, some archived, some not archived, some with metadata some without... and I can't get it to NOT show any of my items
Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage User

Hey Sean,

As far as the grouping, the only thing I can think of is that they are all in the same directory. I'll try and investigate further, so I'll get back to you in 2 weeks after you've had your break. Not a big deal for me, as beta15 works just fine for my limited needs.

What type of logging should I turn on to see what the web gui is trying to do?

Wade
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
SageTVaholic

@Wade - I'm not sure at this point... maybe a couple of weeks of rest will clear my mind
Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Crashes since updating to 4 from 3.1

All I did was copy it over and then go into the webui to id the duplicate jars and the deleted only the duplicates (older ones) just a handful of them.

Now Sage crashes with some frequency. Oddly enough the whole system OS and all crashes as well and the computer reboots. Is this just a coincidence and the update process to 4 has nothing to do with this?

Any logs that I can look at?

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

beta 18 installed and still not getting .properties from automatic plugin, though does work when selecting an item and saving manually. In webgui still having some items show up in 'TV by season' that aren't in 'recordings' and vice versa, these seem to be same series different episodes. i.e. one episode of series "a" shows up in TV by season and another episode of series "a" shows up in recordings, same is true for series "b".
Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

First of all thank you so much for this tool and all the hard work you have done for it.

Just one thing and i know it is probaly posted some where and i just missed it but when looking for all the info on some tv progames i cant get some from the tvdb.com just wondering is there was to pull info of tv.com since it seems to have lot info to i know but this is silly but i cant get all my TMNT info or mr. bean which is important for me just wondering thank you.
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 03-31-2010, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
All I did was copy it over and then go into the webui to id the duplicate jars and the deleted only the duplicates (older ones) just a handful of them.

Now Sage crashes with some frequency. Oddly enough the whole system OS and all crashes as well and the computer reboots. Is this just a coincidence and the update process to 4 has nothing to do with this?
I can't think of any reason that bmt would cause the entire OS to crash. If you've enabled the automatic plugin, then you can try disabling that and see what happens. Basically by disabling the automatic plugin, you'd be disabling bmt, since JARs are only loaded if they are accessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
beta 18 installed and still not getting .properties from automatic plugin, though does work when selecting an item and saving manually. In webgui still having some items show up in 'TV by season' that aren't in 'recordings' and vice versa, these seem to be same series different episodes. i.e. one episode of series "a" shows up in TV by season and another episode of series "a" shows up in recordings, same is true for series "b".
you can try to send me another log file... in b18, the automatic plugin was totally redone... Also, the configuration section was changed as well. For testing purpsoses, you can browse a folder using the web ui... and then click the "sprocket" on the thumbnail. In that dialog, you can then click "update timestamp" and close the dialog. Then from the "Refresh" menu click "Scan for new media". This will force sage to invoke the automatic plugin on the file, since the timestamp changed. Then send me that log from "tools -> create support request".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
Just one thing and i know it is probaly posted some where and i just missed it but when looking for all the info on some tv progames i cant get some from the tvdb.com just wondering is there was to pull info of tv.com since it seems to have lot info to i know but this is silly but i cant get all my TMNT info or mr. bean which is important for me just wondering thank you.
Supporting tv.com is not out the question, but it's not easy. tvdb is a community, wiki style tv lookup service, that provides an open api for accessing their content and fanart. tv.com is a closed proprietary system that forbids you from screen scraping their content. Writing a scraper can be done, but it's not trivial, especially for their site. The only screen scraper that bmt uses today is imdb... and it's the most complicated provider to support. I just don't have the time to support another closed system by doing screen scraping
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Stuckless, yes the auto has been enabled since I installed BMT a few months back. I am not entirely sure if I ended deleting the new instead of the old jars and perhaps that accounts for some of what I am experiencing (Maybe I ended up deleting the ones without the version number as part of the file name believing those were the old ones when it now seems those are the new ones).

I had a previous back and by comparing the files in the v18 zip to the backup, deleting and copying where needed I think I am back to pre 4 installation. I am letting the system sit for the day without even having Sage running and will see if it is still up when I come back from work.

4 looked very good!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm having issues with BMT 4.0 (beta 18) not automatically pulling the series info for various shows. Currently, after a full refresh of the library via the web interface, Caprica episodes 6, 7, and 8 are not finding metadata. If I do a manual search via the web UI, it finds it, however. I have other shows with this same issue, but I'll focus on these for troubleshooting purposes. Any idea where I should start looking?

p.s. Probably goes without saying, but I'm sure you like to hear it, stuckless: Nice job! Can't tell you just how appreciative I am for your efforts on this!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Side note: Does BMT need to be installed on a client PC when you're running in full client/server mode and BMT is installed on the server?