SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

This may have been mentioned before, but I had the issue with 3 as well as the new version 4.

When I browse my media in Sage it shows as "Showname - SxxExx - Episode" if I did a scan to update metadata. If I don't scan but manually search/save the metadata, the show apears as "Episode" when browsing.

The "Display Title" field ends up being different. When I do a scan the Display Title will have my subdirectories listed (Show/Season X/Showname - SxxExx - Episode), but a manual search doesn't (Showname - SxxExx - Episode).
Old 03-31-2010, 05:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Probably the last thing you want to hear . I've got the weird cross linking of shows after a series of web scans. 3 or 4 shows are now sharing fanart with "Parenthood".

btl.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I'm having issues with BMT 4.0 (beta 18) not automatically pulling the series info for various shows. Currently, after a full refresh of the library via the web interface, Caprica episodes 6, 7, and 8 are not finding metadata. If I do a manual search via the web UI, it finds it, however. I have other shows with this same issue, but I'll focus on these for troubleshooting purposes. Any idea where I should start looking?
If you send me the filenames... I can check what's up.

Quote:
p.s. Probably goes without saying, but I'm sure you like to hear it, stuckless: Nice job! Can't tell you just how appreciative I am for your efforts on this!
Thanks... always good hear

Quote:
Side note: Does BMT need to be installed on a client PC when you're running in full client/server mode and BMT is installed on the server?
I don't think so... but I don't have any clients. My understanding is that even for clients, the wiz.bin is still on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
This may have been mentioned before, but I had the issue with 3 as well as the new version 4.

When I browse my media in Sage it shows as "Showname - SxxExx - Episode" if I did a scan to update metadata. If I don't scan but manually search/save the metadata, the show apears as "Episode" when browsing.

The "Display Title" field ends up being different. When I do a scan the Display Title will have my subdirectories listed (Show/Season X/Showname - SxxExx - Episode), but a manual search doesn't (Showname - SxxExx - Episode).
The display name for TV is controlled using a display mask. The default is ShowName -SxxExx - Episode... It seems that maybe when I'm manually updating then I'm not applying the mask??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Probably the last thing you want to hear . I've got the weird cross linking of shows after a series of web scans. 3 or 4 shows are now sharing fanart with "Parenthood".
I have a feeling that I'm going to have to remove the direct updating of the wiz.bin... Were these TV shows or movies? For TV shows, I don't even update the wiz.bin data, except the custom metadata fields.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you send me the filenames... I can check what's up.
Filenames are:
Caprica-GhostsintheMachine-5687239-0.ts
Caprica-EndofLine-5714485-0.ts
Caprica-TheImperfectionsofMemory-5568159-0.ts

All were recorded via SageTV and then had the descriptions for the episodes wiped clean by BMT.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-31-2010, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The display name for TV is controlled using a display mask. The default is ShowName -SxxExx - Episode... It seems that maybe when I'm manually updating then I'm not applying the mask??
I went back and looked at the .properties files. What I stated before was only in version 3.1. In 4.0 it displays "Episode" all the time for manual and scan. If I add the subdirectories to the Display Title field then it will show up as ShowName - SxxExx - Episode.

A quick side question, I clicked something near the Scan option and now the Scan option is no more. How do I get that back? I installed beta 18 afterward hoping it would bring it back but it didn't.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Filenames are:
Caprica-GhostsintheMachine-5687239-0.ts
Caprica-EndofLine-5714485-0.ts
Caprica-TheImperfectionsofMemory-5568159-0.ts

All were recorded via SageTV and then had the descriptions for the episodes wiped clean by BMT.
Same thing happened for all of my Caprica recordings. In fact, it happens on almost everything that my HD-PVR records (which is strictly in the .ts format).

btl.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

One thing I just noticed on the web GUI is that it lists the phoenix version as 1.69. Is it possible that the problem I'm having with not seeing everything in the GUI is because of the newer version of phoenix? I thought I had 1.44 previously.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
One thing I just noticed on the web GUI is that it lists the phoenix version as 1.69. Is it possible that the problem I'm having with not seeing everything in the GUI is because of the newer version of phoenix? I thought I had 1.44 previously.
Each version of bmt will shipp with a newer phoenix api... Must of bmt stuff is really just the phoenix apis, and if there are bug fixes, etc, then they happen in the phoenix.jar file... so I would always use the phoenix jar the ships bmt.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Same thing happened for all of my Caprica recordings. In fact, it happens on almost everything that my HD-PVR records (which is strictly in the .ts format).

btl.
I definitely have a large number of recently recorded shows which do not have season/episode data and it does seem to have coincided with my move from BMT 3.1 to 4.0. I know stuckless is busy right now, but I know he'll look into it when he has time.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

It was just a thought that maybe the vfs system is coming from the phoenix jar and the update is what is causing me to only see one recording of each series under the recordings view. I see one Angel, but I have over 90 of them. Clearly something isn't working right. I tried going back to 15 and I could see everything, but it seems to have some kind of memory leak on my system.

Don't get me wrong, I love this plugin and I know it can work properly. I'm just trying to figure out what might have happened.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

So Sean,
I, for one, truly do appreciate what's being put into this. Not just a sincere thank you, (thought that as well) there's lots of us using your work and I for one would be happy to help. Sent some log info earlier via email, but if there's anything that can be done, please let me know. Time off is good too, thought you were going to get away from it for a bit??

It seems like between beta 15 and where it's at now, something changed that for me made the automatic plugin not function while manual does.... I can do any testing that would be helpful.

in case its useful, I'm using a hauppange hdpvr as well, it's dropping .ts files. I think Bialio is doing this as well. Anyone else?

Again, amazing work, thanks!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

stuckless, I did some additional tests with my Caprica episodes and I pulled up the "missing metadata" search and clicked "update metadata". BMT managed to get the season and episode numbers, but not the episode description. If I then click into the Caprica episode and click "search", and then I click on the one and only result... viola, I now have the description populated, too. Very, very strange, if you ask me.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just updated to 4.0B18. So far its working well and has fixed a few issues I had with 3.1. I will get back to you again after I have used it more. As always, thank you very much!

I have 1 request. The scan function, on the web fronted, is now divided into areas to to work on. This is great! However, I was wondering if you could add a "area" for browsing by import path/file system. I ask this because I am using the commandline and a directory/file butler for movies but, because of the way the TV rename program I am using as well as the way my library works, I need to use the web front end for scanning tv. I have a ton of stuff that has no metadata anywhere. However, this all shows up in missing metadata and slows down the scan because all of that will fail and the TV area doesn't work because new TV shows have no metadata at all.

So it would speed up scans if I could just limit the scan to specific import areas, as my import paths are already divided by type.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I definitely have a large number of recently recorded shows which do not have season/episode data and it does seem to have coincided with my move from BMT 3.1 to 4.0.
I can see that happening... in that from 3.1 to 4.0... lots of stuff changed, and while I have a ton of tests that are run to ensure things work... it's hard to get 100% coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
It was just a thought that maybe the vfs system is coming from the phoenix jar and the update is what is causing me to only see one recording of each series under the recordings view. I see one Angel, but I have over 90 of them. Clearly something isn't working right. I tried going back to 15 and I could see everything, but it seems to have some kind of memory leak on my system.

Don't get me wrong, I love this plugin and I know it can work properly. I'm just trying to figure out what might have happened.
It's definately an issue in the vfs layer... I just can't reproduce it... much like the cross-linked metadata issue, which makes for a very hard troubleshooting. I'm going to do another release shortly with some other debugging stuff enabled... I'm hoping it will give a picture of what going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
So Sean,
I, for one, truly do appreciate what's being put into this. Not just a sincere thank you, (thought that as well) there's lots of us using your work and I for one would be happy to help. Sent some log info earlier via email, but if there's anything that can be done, please let me know. Time off is good too, thought you were going to get away from it for a bit??

It seems like between beta 15 and where it's at now, something changed that for me made the automatic plugin not function while manual does.... I can do any testing that would be helpful.

in case its useful, I'm using a hauppange hdpvr as well, it's dropping .ts files. I think Bialio is doing this as well. Anyone else?

Again, amazing work, thanks!

My time off is really "recovery time". I had an operation... so now I'm recovering... nothing major... but enough to take me off my feet for a bit.

Quote:
stuckless, I did some additional tests with my Caprica episodes and I pulled up the "missing metadata" search and clicked "update metadata". BMT managed to get the season and episode numbers, but not the episode description. If I then click into the Caprica episode and click "search", and then I click on the one and only result... viola, I now have the description populated, too. Very, very strange, if you ask me.
I dropped the carprica episodes into my test server and the automatic plugin found the full episode data. I'm wondering if there are issues with tvdb lately. It just seems odd that I can drop the same files into my setup and they work. BTW... getting the season and episode but NOT the description is very wierd.... since all that data comes from the same source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
I just updated to 4.0B18. So far its working well and has fixed a few issues I had with 3.1. I will get back to you again after I have used it more. As always, thank you very much!

I have 1 request. The scan function, on the web fronted, is now divided into areas to to work on. This is great! However, I was wondering if you could add a "area" for browsing by import path/file system. I ask this because I am using the commandline and a directory/file butler for movies but, because of the way the TV rename program I am using as well as the way my library works, I need to use the web front end for scanning tv. I have a ton of stuff that has no metadata anywhere. However, this all shows up in missing metadata and slows down the scan because all of that will fail and the TV area doesn't work because new TV shows have no metadata at all.

So it would speed up scans if I could just limit the scan to specific import areas, as my import paths are already divided by type.

Thanks!
I am probably misunderstanding it... but doesn't the current "Sage Imports" view already do this. It should present your imports as a single folder each, and then allow you to navigate them. If it's not then either there's a bug, or I'm not fully understanding what you are wanting. But, moving forward, once the vfs issues are resolved, you can probably end up doing just any type of view you wanted... but you'd have to configure it.

Just a note to those of you that have sent logs... i have reviewed them, but they didn't provide anything useful Again thanks for the all the testing.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't think so... but I don't have any clients. My understanding is that even for clients, the wiz.bin is still on the server.
I had previously been using the BMT import for manual lookups via the SageTV UI. Any chance this could be causing issues? I also see that I have duplicate JARs listed, even after running the cleanup on the server. If everything is happening on the server, these shouldn't be having an effect, but--not being the developer--I can't say for sure. I'm going to try doing some cleanup, removing the import and trying to get rid of those duplicate JARs, just for kicks.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I had previously been using the BMT import for manual lookups via the SageTV UI. Any chance this could be causing issues? I also see that I have duplicate JARs listed, even after running the cleanup on the server. If everything is happening on the server, these shouldn't be having an effect, but--not being the developer--I can't say for sure. I'm going to try doing some cleanup, removing the import and trying to get rid of those duplicate JARs, just for kicks.
I went ahead and ran the JAR cleanup on the server and it deleted 6 files. I got rid of the BMI import on the client and started fresh from the default STV. I unzipped beta18 to the client PC and ran the JAR cleanup there, which deleted 5 files. But, they were all still there. I tried running as different users with no change. I also ensure that I wasn't in the command prompt with restricted access. Neither the server or client was able to delete these via the cleanup command. So, I deleted them all manually on both server and client. This finally got rid of the duplicates.

I tried running BMT via the web UI just as described in a previous post, but got the same results: no descriptions. When I run this, should I be creating .properties files? I've been checking off:

Include subfolders
Update metadata
Overwrite existing metadata (tried with this unchecked, too)
Update fanart
Update wiz.bin

I also tried a full reindex and got the same results: season/episode numbers, but no descriptions.

Just to verify that nothing is awry, here are my versions:

Phoenix 1.69
sagex.api 6.6.7-beta
BMT 4.0-beta 18
SageTV 6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0 (was running 18, but tried 19-b04 just now)

I also tried downloading the Phoenix-api-61 and put that on the server, which changed the versions to:

Phoenix 1.61
sagex.api 6.6.2

But, then clicking on "Browse" in the web UI gave me an error of "No items configured for view". I figured something for BMT may have been overwritten by Phoenix, so I extracted beta18 again, but didn't overwrite the phoenix.jar or sagex.api.jar, yet got the same "view" error. A full extraction of beta18 made the error go away. I then tried extracting only the phoenix.jar and sagex.api.jar files from the Phoenix-api-61 download, which brought back the error again, so clearly those files are causing the error. (That may be obvious you you, but not to us lay people. )

Out of pure curiosity, I downgraded from beta18 to beta17, which brought me down to Phoenix 1.66 and sagex.api 6.6.3. I did my usual routine for the Caprica recordings and got the same results: no description, but episode and season number are still fine.

That's enough troubleshooting for today.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

@Skirge01 - If you start to downgrade the jars (phoenix or sagex-api) that ship with bmt then that will cause issues. The reason is that if I've shipped a newer version of those jars with bmt, it's because I've added some functionality that is required in bmt, or I've fixed a bug.

As for your issue about the descriptions... If these are sage recordings, then bmt will never be able to update the description using a scan. I removed the ability to update metadata on recordings (except for season/episode) a few builds backs because there were issues where the metadata was being crosslinked with other recordings. So, if you are seeing that season/episode is being updated but not the description, then that's probably normal... for a recording. If these are Non recordings, but just TV shows that are in the media library then the descriptions should get updated as well.

From the automatic plugin, descriptions of recordings can be updated, but not duing a manual update or scan.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I suddenly started getting my Fringe fanart on almost every show... not just shows without fanart, but even shows that have their own. Ideas?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
@Skirge01 - If you start to downgrade the jars (phoenix or sagex-api) that ship with bmt then that will cause issues. The reason is that if I've shipped a newer version of those jars with bmt, it's because I've added some functionality that is required in bmt, or I've fixed a bug.
I figured as much, but I knew I could get back to a working state pretty easily, so I gave it a shot.

Quote:
As for your issue about the descriptions... If these are sage recordings, then bmt will never be able to update the description using a scan. I removed the ability to update metadata on recordings (except for season/episode) a few builds backs because there were issues where the metadata was being crosslinked with other recordings. So, if you are seeing that season/episode is being updated but not the description, then that's probably normal... for a recording. If these are Non recordings, but just TV shows that are in the media library then the descriptions should get updated as well.

From the automatic plugin, descriptions of recordings can be updated, but not duing a manual update or scan.
I understand that now, thanks. That does seem to be what I'm noticing. However, I need to monitor new recordings closely because I'm not sure whether there were descriptions there before running BMT. I would think there were, but you never know what the EPG might have. Is there any chance that BMT would have wiped out the descriptions during any of the automatic or manual scans?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedgington View Post
I suddenly started getting my Fringe fanart on almost every show... not just shows without fanart, but even shows that have their own. Ideas?
Unfortunately... this is a phantom issue that I'm unable to resolve... A number of people have experience something similar, but I'm unable to get a set of steps that will reproduce the issue consistently I keep making changes to bmt, in places where I think it might cause such an issue... but I have hit the right spot yet

Quote:
I understand that now, thanks. That does seem to be what I'm noticing. However, I need to monitor new recordings closely because I'm not sure whether there were descriptions there before running BMT. I would think there were, but you never know what the EPG might have. Is there any chance that BMT would have wiped out the descriptions during any of the automatic or manual scans?
There is a chance that bmt can wipe out descriptions if the automatic plugin is enabled... since sage will go the the automatic plugin and request metadata... and bmt will pass it back... if bmt passes back "bad" data, then sagetv will use that.