SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't have anything automatically deleting .properties files and the "create .properties files" box is checked.

No properties have been created since I manually did a metadata update the other night.

edit: and properties files are being created for imported video, just not recorded tv
Twitter: ohpleaseno

Last edited by ohpleaseno; 04-09-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
I don't have anything automatically deleting .properties files and the "create .properties files" box is checked.

No properties have been created since I manually did a metadata update the other night.
I know this is not the answer your want to hear... but it would seem that for some reason sage is not calling the automatic plugin... or the automatic plugin is choosing not to scan the file... have you changed the filter in the automatic plugin... added an exclude filter, etc?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I know this is not the answer your want to hear... but it would seem that for some reason sage is not calling the automatic plugin... or the automatic plugin is choosing not to scan the file... have you changed the filter in the automatic plugin... added an exclude filter, etc?
It's working fine for imported, but unless I have recorded tv setup wrong...

Here's a screenshot of the automatic plugin setup. Is anything wrong here? Where else should I look?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmt.jpg (83.0 KB, 168 views)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
It's working fine for imported, but unless I have recorded tv setup wrong...

Here's a screenshot of the automatic plugin setup. Is anything wrong here? Where else should I look?
looks correct... maybe you can schedule a recording and when the recording is done... use the support request option and send me the logs and the filename to metadatatools at gmail dot com. include your sage.properties as well in the request, and I take a peek through those as well.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to configure it to use the old naming convention? We ditched SageMC but I'm still wanting to use fanart via STV Import: Fan Art for Default STV by TiKi, which only supports the old naming convention.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

@aedgington: don't know where it is but tiki or tmiranda wrote a plugin for fanart for the default stv that uses the central fanart folder...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Aha! Found it. Thanks
Old 04-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Spoke too soon

The interface is great - love it - I found though, that the lookups were VERY slow when fetching the metadata - I do it all automatically.

Also - I am glad that I backed up my Sage folder before I unzipped this, because once I did it none of my videos would play!

It gave me the "standard" Sage error that playback was not possible (sorry I don't have the exact wording).

Was there something else that I should have done other than just unzipping it to my Sage folder? Did something else get broken in the process? I am using SageMC beta build 24... I have been forced to revert back to 3.1 (or whatever the last version was) until I am confident that things will work properly again... if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post

The interface is great - love it - I found though, that the lookups were VERY slow when fetching the metadata - I do it all automatically.
Yeah... the UI would be slow... as slow as the automatic plugin, etc. It feels like forever when you have sit and wait for all the fanart backgrounds, etc, to download. Also, sites like tvdb, and themovedb are getting hit pretty hard these days, which adds to the slowness.

Quote:
Also - I am glad that I backed up my Sage folder before I unzipped this, because once I did it none of my videos would play!

It gave me the "standard" Sage error that playback was not possible (sorry I don't have the exact wording).

Was there something else that I should have done other than just unzipping it to my Sage folder? Did something else get broken in the process? I am using SageMC beta build 24... I have been forced to revert back to 3.1 (or whatever the last version was) until I am confident that things will work properly again... if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears.
Backups are always good BMT never actually writes anything to a mediafile other than changing the timestamp on the file. I have a hard time believing the BMT caused your playback issue... I'm not saying it didn't but, it's highly unlikely. Corrupting your metadata, for sure, but not the media files itself.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

I've been having problems where the automatic plugin doesn't seem to work all the time. I had noticed that most of my problems are during prime time. It just happened again and I might have a clue. I had 4 recordings start a couple of minutes ago and 1 found the metadata, 1 generated a system error (it makes sense since it is a weird series not found on tvdb) and the other two did neither. Is it possible that the automatic plugin either can only handle a couple of searches at once or once it hits an error it doesn't continue looking for other things currently recording?

To try to work around this I've tried using SJQ to call a batch file to get the metadata which it is successful at, but SageTV doesn't seem to be seeing the metadata after it is retrieved.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I've been having problems where the automatic plugin doesn't seem to work all the time. I had noticed that most of my problems are during prime time. It just happened again and I might have a clue. I had 4 recordings start a couple of minutes ago and 1 found the metadata, 1 generated a system error (it makes sense since it is a weird series not found on tvdb) and the other two did neither. Is it possible that the automatic plugin either can only handle a couple of searches at once or once it hits an error it doesn't continue looking for other things currently recording?
Each file that is passed to the bmt plugin is independent of another file. ie, the plugin will process as many files that SageTV will send to it. You should look for your filename in the bmt.log, and see if you see it show up at all. If you don't see it show up, then it means that BMT did not receive it.

Quote:
To try to work around this I've tried using SJQ to call a batch file to get the metadata which it is successful at, but SageTV doesn't seem to be seeing the metadata after it is retrieved.
if you call bmt via a batch file, be sure to pass the --touch parameter and you'll have to then tell sagetv to refresh it's metadata.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not seeing it show up on any lines with AUTOMATIC PLUGIN. I do see the files that succeeded and failed with that type of line. So clearly BMT is not being called.

For doing it manually, I've tried with touch and refreshSageTV options and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there an issue with which order they're listed on the command-line or does the refresh have to be on a second call to the MetadataTool.jar?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm not seeing it show up on any lines with AUTOMATIC PLUGIN. I do see the files that succeeded and failed with that type of line. So clearly BMT is not being called.

For doing it manually, I've tried with touch and refreshSageTV options and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there an issue with which order they're listed on the command-line or does the refresh have to be on a second call to the MetadataTool.jar?
The order of the command args for touch and refresh don't matter... but refresh will only work if the sagex remote apis are installed and configured... maybe sjq has a built method to call sage apis, if so, you can call the RunLibraryImportScan api.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

I installed them, but I don't remember configuring them. That's probably the issue. I'll work on that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Sage Icon

OK, where's the documentation on configuring the sagex remote apis?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I installed them, but I don't remember configuring them. That's probably the issue. I'll work on that. Thanks for the tip.
Quote:
OK, where's the documentation on configuring the sagex remote apis?
Well... there really isn't anything to configuring them... it's just installing them, and ensuring that you have jetty installed as well.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Eventually (overnight) it updated. I think the problem is with my refresh in Sage. It's currently set to automatically scan every 2 hours. I think that might have interfered with the manual request to refresh. I've now disabled the automatic refresh and will see if that works.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

So if I can't get new recordings to get metadata automatically in BMT, then is my next step to have SJQ call the recording through BMT if there is no .properties file present?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Yeah... the UI would be slow... as slow as the automatic plugin, etc. It feels like forever when you have sit and wait for all the fanart backgrounds, etc, to download. Also, sites like tvdb, and themovedb are getting hit pretty hard these days, which adds to the slowness.

Backups are always good BMT never actually writes anything to a mediafile other than changing the timestamp on the file. I have a hard time believing the BMT caused your playback issue... I'm not saying it didn't but, it's highly unlikely. Corrupting your metadata, for sure, but not the media files itself.

The files themselves did NOT get corrupted - Sage just could not play them anymore. I never really looked at what was in the BMT package - I just unzipped it into my Sage folder, overwriting what was there. Could there have been something that messed up the JARs that Sage uses? This is the only explanation that I can think of... once I restored the files, everything was perfect. Very odd indeed...
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
The files themselves did NOT get corrupted - Sage just could not play them anymore. I never really looked at what was in the BMT package - I just unzipped it into my Sage folder, overwriting what was there. Could there have been something that messed up the JARs that Sage uses? This is the only explanation that I can think of... once I restored the files, everything was perfect. Very odd indeed...
I don't replace any core sagetv jars... i just add to them. Same for Sage.properties, etc. I install this thing the same way that you do... ie, i just unzip it to my sagetv dir... i'm at a loss to explain why doing this could cause sagetv to fail to playback the media files