SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

I still can't get the refresh to pick up the .properties files after running BMT from the command-line. Where I'm not seeing the metadata is in TV Explorer. I also don't see it in the web GUI. Here's my command-line:

Code:
java -jar metadatatool.jar --auto=true --prompt=false --touch --notifySageTV --overwrite %1
Any suggestions? BTW, I'm using the latest beta of sagex (6.6.9).
Old 04-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

I appreciate the insight, Sean... I, too, am at a loss.. could there be a problem (and by problem, I mean with my PC) that I need newer versions of SageMC, jetty, etc etc? I did not see anything jump right out at me with this install that said I had to upgrade this, that or the other thing... doesn't mean it didn't, I just didn't see it...

I am game to give it another go - if I only knew what caused it.... too weird. I'll take a closer look at the files that are being replaced the next time, and try to better determine what COULD be causing it and let you know.

Could you please let me know if there are any REQUIRED files that must be updated? OH - just thought of something too - I used the BMT4 command line to delete duplicate JARs.... it seems that could have been the pinch point because like I said, when I restored the SageTV directory, everything was perfect again.

Tonight I'll test this theory by re-installing BMT4 (after backing up again ) and then LEAVING any duplicate JARs (although BMT says that duplicate JARs can cause problems....). Question - what problems could be caused by these duplicate JARs?

Thanks!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I appreciate the insight, Sean... I, too, am at a loss.. could there be a problem (and by problem, I mean with my PC) that I need newer versions of SageMC, jetty, etc etc? I did not see anything jump right out at me with this install that said I had to upgrade this, that or the other thing... doesn't mean it didn't, I just didn't see it...

I am game to give it another go - if I only knew what caused it.... too weird. I'll take a closer look at the files that are being replaced the next time, and try to better determine what COULD be causing it and let you know.

Could you please let me know if there are any REQUIRED files that must be updated? OH - just thought of something too - I used the BMT4 command line to delete duplicate JARs.... it seems that could have been the pinch point because like I said, when I restored the SageTV directory, everything was perfect again.

Tonight I'll test this theory by re-installing BMT4 (after backing up again ) and then LEAVING any duplicate JARs (although BMT says that duplicate JARs can cause problems....). Question - what problems could be caused by these duplicate JARs?

Thanks!!!
You should send me a list of the jars that are there BEFORE you clean them... and then a list after... I can then probably tell you what bmt accidentally removed and why it's important.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You should send me a list of the jars that are there BEFORE you clean them... and then a list after... I can then probably tell you what bmt accidentally removed and why it's important.
Sounds like a plan to me... I'll try and get this done tonight, and post the results.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

i tried adding the recorded tv folder to the videos directories list, but that didn't do it either. metadata is being fetched for all other imported video. can you think of anything else I can do to figure out why it's not fetching it for recorded tv?

thanks for all the work you do on this plugin. sorry I'm being a pain...
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

Ive been having some issues which you all may or maynot have seen...

The thread is "Halt detected in recording"

Anyways i think i finally got everything worked out and i reanabled jetty and such. I am seeing the following data on the BMT screen...do i need to undeploy the application and let jetty recreate the folder structure from the WAR file?

Phoenix Error - Failed to get status
SageTV Error - Failed to get status
MetadataTools - Failed to get status
Jars Error - Failed to get status.

My setup is currently reporting the following info directly through the ui:
Software Version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0_18
SageMC STV 6.3.9b pre-relase 24
sagemc.jar 6.3.8
df_sageutils.jar Version: 2.2
phoenix: 1.71

Another thing is neilms webinterface for jetty is working just fine after re-enabling...

any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
Ive been having some issues which you all may or maynot have seen...

The thread is "Halt detected in recording"

Anyways i think i finally got everything worked out and i reanabled jetty and such. I am seeing the following data on the BMT screen...do i need to undeploy the application and let jetty recreate the folder structure from the WAR file?

Phoenix Error - Failed to get status
SageTV Error - Failed to get status
MetadataTools - Failed to get status
Jars Error - Failed to get status.

My setup is currently reporting the following info directly through the ui:
Software Version: SageTV V6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0_18
SageMC STV 6.3.9b pre-relase 24
sagemc.jar 6.3.8
df_sageutils.jar Version: 2.2
phoenix: 1.71

Another thing is neilms webinterface for jetty is working just fine after re-enabling...

any thoughts?
You can delete the bmtweb did under jetty/webapps but keepp the jar. When you restart sage it should redeploy the app.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

So this is interesting. I did some reencodes of some recordings to .mkv, and the automatic plugin scraped those in the recorded tv folder, but still ignores the .mpgs. Why would it do that?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
So this is interesting. I did some reencodes of some recordings to .mkv, and the automatic plugin scraped those in the recorded tv folder, but still ignores the .mpgs. Why would it do that?
I'm not sure... from everything that i've seen so far... it just looks like sage is not calling the bmt plugin. was the extension the only thing that changed in the filename?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not sure... from everything that i've seen so far... it just looks like sage is not calling the bmt plugin. was the extension the only thing that changed in the filename?
yep
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

The current version (beta 21) is working really well for me with one small annoyance. For some reason the automatic plugin doesn't work during prime-time. I can't figure out what's happening because it works during that time if I request it from within the web UI or Sage, but the automatic plugin just doesn't want to work.

I know that my system is most active during this time of day (4 kids and a wife are watching during those hours and lots of simultaneous recordings), but the CPU utilization and disk utilization seem fine. Any suggestions other than getting rid of the kids? (The wife definitely stays )
Old 04-15-2010, 06:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The current version (beta 21) is working really well for me with one small annoyance. For some reason the automatic plugin doesn't work during prime-time. I can't figure out what's happening because it works during that time if I request it from within the web UI or Sage, but the automatic plugin just doesn't want to work.

I know that my system is most active during this time of day (4 kids and a wife are watching during those hours and lots of simultaneous recordings), but the CPU utilization and disk utilization seem fine. Any suggestions other than getting rid of the kids? (The wife definitely stays )
I think that several people have noted something similar... ie the automatic plugin appears to work for imported movies, but not for recorded tv... or not for recorded at some times. I'm not sure what to make of those types of inconsistencies. It could be a bug in bmt (which is most likely), or it could be a bug in sagetv, in that for some reason it's not calling the bmt plugin. As an automatic plugin, bmt, is notified by sagetv to handle media, and it does not wake up form time to time to scan for media. If sage fails to call the plugin, then nothing happens... or if sage calls the plugin and there is a bmt error, then you should see an error in the logs, or in the system messages. The lack of errors in the logs (bmt and sagetv_0) would lead me suspect that for some reason sage decided not to call the bmt plugin... but that's next to impossible to test. I am currently logging out every file that is passed to the bmt plugin, including music, pictures, etc. So, if you search the logs for your filename, and you don't see it in the bmt log, then there's a good chance bmt was not called.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

I had already checked the logs and it doesn't look like it's being called for these files. I tried using SJQ to run bmt from the command-line and it definitely runs and gets all the good stuff, but I can't get it to update Sage with the information.

I really don't think it's bmt, which is running great, but I'm not sure what else to check. Maybe I should focus on getting bmt to update Sage so I can see it in relatively real time.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage User

Hello Stuckless (and all other experienced Sage people out there),

I'm having a touch of trouble with 4.0-beta21. I'm trying to import some downloaded .mkv files and not having any luck with BMT picking them up. Previous .mkv files are fine. The only change (that I can think of) was upgrading BMT from 3.1 to 4.0 beta (I know, a big change...). Under the "Automatic Plugin Configuration" the "Supported MediaResource File Types" is set to "ALL_VIDEO" (default). I know in the BMT 3.1 I had to manually add "tp" files (to pick up my old recordings from Beyond TV from which I am migrating). If there is additional information needed, please let me know. I'll keep playing...

Thanks,

G.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia74 View Post
Hello Stuckless (and all other experienced Sage people out there),

I'm having a touch of trouble with 4.0-beta21. I'm trying to import some downloaded .mkv files and not having any luck with BMT picking them up. Previous .mkv files are fine. The only change (that I can think of) was upgrading BMT from 3.1 to 4.0 beta (I know, a big change...). Under the "Automatic Plugin Configuration" the "Supported MediaResource File Types" is set to "ALL_VIDEO" (default). I know in the BMT 3.1 I had to manually add "tp" files (to pick up my old recordings from Beyond TV from which I am migrating). If there is additional information needed, please let me know. I'll keep playing...

Thanks,

G.
There shouldn't be any special about .mkv files, but depending on the filename, it is possible that it's not finding a match. If you post or email the filenames, I can check them out.

As for "tp" files, is that the file extension? If so, then I know I don't have that in my list of known media file extensions.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Sage User

Hey Stuckless,

Quote:
There shouldn't be any special about .mkv files, but depending on the filename, it is possible that it's not finding a match. If you post or email the filenames, I can check them out.
I kept playing last night (far past my bedtime) and was able to get Sage to pick up the .mkv files. The strange thing is that they were not being picked up when either "Scan New Media" or "Reindex entire media library" was used. They are located in a subdirectory that is part of my media library. To get Sage to pick them up I ended up having to add the subdirectory directly to the "Video Sources". So, for some strange reason Sage doesn't seem to be scanning subdirectories when trying to Reindex or Scan. Here is an example:
Code:
D:\Media <- Parent Directory was part of the original Video Library
D:\Media\TV\Criminal Minds
D:\Media\TV\Criminal Minds\criminal.minds.s05e19.720p.hdtv.x264-ctu.mkv
To get the .mkv file into my video library I had to add the D:\Media\TV directory to my Video Sources.

I think this is probably more of a Sage issue than a BMT issue, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Another strange thing is that when I do a "Reindex entire media library", it doesn't seem to actually reindex everything (again, it doesn't dig into the subdirectories). This happens even if I remove Wiz.bin and try and do it from scratch.

Quote:
As for "tp" files, is that the file extension? If so, then I know I don't have that in my list of known media file extensions.
.tp files are essentially exactly the same as .ts files (.tp = Transport Program). When I rename the .tp file to .ts, BMT picks them up (and they still play correctly). That does lead me to another question. I know with BMT 3.x I could specify a list of file extensions to look for. Now with BMT 4 it looks like "Supported MediaResource File Types" only supports general classes (ANY_VIDEO, MUSIC, etc). Is there a property file somewhere that defines which file extensions are included in those groups? I'd love to manually add the .tp files.

As always, thank you for your time. And to add to what everyone else has said (or should be saying) in this thread, THANK YOU for making such a great plugin / add on for Sage. Do you accept donations somewhere? I think you should be compensated for all your hard work.

G.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally got around to reinstalling Beta21 tonight, and everything is working fine so far.

I tried running the JAR cleanup (here is the list of "duplicates" that BMT reported), but each time it would say "5 jars removed" but wouldn't remove them.

Quote:
Duplicate JARs
JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar 1.3
JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar 1.4
JARs\commons-lang-2.4.jar 2.4
JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar 1.2.15
JARs\lucene-core-2.3.2.jar 2.3.2 652650 - buschmi - 2008-05-01 13:30:57
What I did was close Sage, stop the service, then run the jar cleaner. Then restarted Sage and checked BMT through the webui.... JARs were still there... this IS the right way to do it, right?

Everything seems to be working OK with these "duplicates" - I took a look in my Sage folder, and it appears that the "original" is the same name but without the version number (ie commons-codec.jar, commons-io.jar, etc.)

Maybe these aren't REALLY duplicates and won't have a negative impact?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Finally got around to reinstalling Beta21 tonight, and everything is working fine so far.

I tried running the JAR cleanup (here is the list of "duplicates" that BMT reported), but each time it would say "5 jars removed" but wouldn't remove them.

What I did was close Sage, stop the service, then run the jar cleaner. Then restarted Sage and checked BMT through the webui.... JARs were still there... this IS the right way to do it, right?

Everything seems to be working OK with these "duplicates" - I took a look in my Sage folder, and it appears that the "original" is the same name but without the version number (ie commons-codec.jar, commons-io.jar, etc.)

Maybe these aren't REALLY duplicates and won't have a negative impact?
That should be the right way to do it... but for some reason it's not working This may be a windows file locking thing... ie, once a windows process "opens" the file, then it won't allow it to be deleted. You are right in that in the case of those jars, while having dups is not ideal, there's probably no side effects. In the future i'm going to modify the "delete" and just see if I can rename them to "JARFILE.old". (I'll also adds checks in the code to verify if the rename worked or not, and report that back to the user)
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi stuckless,

I'm seeing something strange happen. Can't tell exactly what build this started with, but I have quite a few .iso files in my collection. Every time I save metadata for them using the webui it appears when I look at it in MyVideos, until the next rescan. Then it disappears. Fanart stays, as well as metadata for any other file type and DVDs. I see that .properties get created for those .ISOs and they remain after the rescan.

I will send the logs your way in case they can help with this issue.

As always,

Thank you!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Hi stuckless,

I'm seeing something strange happen. Can't tell exactly what build this started with, but I have quite a few .iso files in my collection. Every time I save metadata for them using the webui it appears when I look at it in MyVideos, until the next rescan. Then it disappears. Fanart stays, as well as metadata for any other file type and DVDs. I see that .properties get created for those .ISOs and they remain after the rescan.

I will send the logs your way in case they can help with this issue.

As always,

Thank you!
Peter, when you mention rescan, is this a rescan from the webui? ie, the first time you scan, it works, but the next time you rescan from the webui, they are gone? I didn't see anything too unusual in the log files

When you are updating from the web ui, are you updating a single item? Also when you are saving in the web ui and doing a scan, what are your options?

Thanks,
Sean.