SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Here's beta3.. it should fix your previous issue.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
So I wasn't using it wrong. Good.

I've also noticed that the automatic plugin seems to be getting nothing since I installed it. Could this be related?
If you mean nothing for TV... then yeah... it's definately related.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Some good news with this beta. It now seems to be working from the web gui, but it still doesn't seem to work from the command-line. For me this isn't all that big of a deal as my use case is mostly automatic plugin, if missing trying in the Sage GUI (I know that piece has yet to come), and finally using the web GUI. I'm guessing that the command-line I'm trying to use just isn't working.

Edit:

One more thing I've noticed when using the web GUI. For recordings that don't have metadata already downloaded, the episode title listed in the web GUI is not accurate. It is consistently the show title. Therefore any attempt to do a batch search for metadata fails for every file unless the episode title is fixed first.

Last edited by toricred; 02-18-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Some good news with this beta. It now seems to be working from the web gui, but it still doesn't seem to work from the command-line. For me this isn't all that big of a deal as my use case is mostly automatic plugin, if missing trying in the Sage GUI (I know that piece has yet to come), and finally using the web GUI. I'm guessing that the command-line I'm trying to use just isn't working.
Could you email me or upload here your phoenix.log or maillog or bmt.log (which ever log files exist) after you do a commandline scan. It is odd that it would work in the webui but not from the commandline. If you email, then send them to metadatatools at gmail dot com.

Quote:
One more thing I've noticed when using the web GUI. For recordings that don't have metadata already downloaded, the episode title listed in the web GUI is not accurate. It is consistently the show title. Therefore any attempt to do a batch search for metadata fails for every file unless the episode title is fixed first.
I'll look into this... Unfortunately I lost all my recordings, and I don't have a valid tuner for recording... but I'll try to figure something out
Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Here's the Mailcheck.log file.

Edit: Sorry about that I didn't read your reply carefully enough to see the log files you're looking for. I don't have any of those files. Where should they be located.

P.S. Sorry about your recordings.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mailcheck.txt (130.7 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by toricred; 02-18-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Sage Icon

It looks like this mailcheck log probably has what you're after. I turned the bmt logging all the way up to debug and it looks like your stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mailcheck.txt (355.9 KB, 278 views)
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks like this mailcheck log probably has what you're after. I turned the bmt logging all the way up to debug and it looks like your stuff.
Thanks... i found a windows issue. I changed from using uris which always have a / as the dir separator to using regular files, and I forgot to update the regexps in the title scrapers to account for that. I'll fix, and upload a new build tonight.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I changed from using uris which always have a / as the dir separator to using regular files
just curious but why did you switch? I would think uris would be more robust...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
just curious but why did you switch? I would think uris would be more robust...
I agree that uris are better...

There are many reasons... but the 2 main ones are...
1. I'm using the Phoenix VFS, and it's modelled on the SageTV filesystem. I noticed in the bmt code, I can converting the URIs to File objects objects in every case that I needed to use them, so I basically didn't need them to be uris.

2. Most people don't understand uris. People didn't like that their file locations showed up as "file://C:/Videoes/..." instead of just "c:\videos" or why the regex expressions required that you use /videos instead of what they know... \videos, etc.

If i start adding online content to the vfs, then I may add in the support for uris as well... but for now, it was just easier to map the vfs to sagetv files.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

first character in title missing

Sean, using the newest beta build, I just did a full refresh of library (web gui) and then going into browse, sage imports (combined) see the first character of many titles missing, such as ombstone_(1993). In Sage it looks correct with the "T" DVD view seems fine. I'm using tvexplorer to view in sage.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

When looking at imported DVD's in the web gui I see /VIDEO_TS after each title and the xml search fails. Is there a way to exclude that part of the directory structure from the title?
Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Sean, using the newest beta build, I just did a full refresh of library (web gui) and then going into browse, sage imports (combined) see the first character of many titles missing, such as ombstone_(1993). In Sage it looks correct with the "T" DVD view seems fine. I'm using tvexplorer to view in sage.
That is very strange. I haven't noticed that myself. Is is only when you are browsing the thumbnails, or is it also missing when you go into the metadata editor as well? Perhaps you could take a screen shot and upload it.?

Quote:
When looking at imported DVD's in the web gui I see /VIDEO_TS after each title and the xml search fails. Is there a way to exclude that part of the directory structure from the title?
Again, I'm not seeing this as well. I do try to remove the video_ts from the paths for dvds. Maybe a screen shot and your logs would be good. You can email or upload them here.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 4

I've uploaded beta4

2 bug fixes
1. Fixed Metadata Editor - Was Showing the Series Name as the Episode Name
2. Fixed TV Title Scrapers to look for both windows and linux directory separators (caused TV files to be ignored on windows)
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

put in the newest beta4 before... no change but I didn't refresh library, would that make a difference?
a couple screen captures for you attached.

It also doesn't seem to be finding any metadata.... maybe that's linked?

When I click on the thumbnail, I get nothing, as in menu on left and top are there but nothing else.

Which logs would you like?

Attachment 9768
Attachment 9769
Attachment 9770

Last edited by bikesquid; 10-01-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Well the two things you specifically stated you fixed did the trick for all my Sage Recordings. It will be later tonight before I see if the Automatic Plugin is working right.

I'm having similar problems with the /video_ts showing up at the end of DVDs ripped to the hard drive unless they already had their metadata. I have My Movies installed on the server as well and it has information for all but one of my DVDs. The problem is that I can't figure out how to tell BMT where the My Movies data is. Am I missing it in the documentation? If so, just point me there and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
put in the newest beta4 before... no change but I didn't refresh library, would that make a difference?
No you should be fine without doing a refresh.

Quote:
a couple screen captures for you attached.

It also doesn't seem to be finding any metadata.... maybe that's linked?

When I click on the thumbnail, I get nothing, as in menu on left and top are there but nothing else.
These do appear to be related... you should be get the metadata editor when you click on the thumbnail. You can see the images that I uploaded to the first post on this thread if you are curious.

Quote:
Which logs would you like?
If you have a maillog.txt, bmt.log, or phoenix.log (any or all).

Quote:
Well the two things you specifically stated you fixed did the trick for all my Sage Recordings. It will be later tonight before I see if the Automatic Plugin is working right.
Excellent. You should see a system message if it fails. I think that it's enabled by default, but you can configure that the Automatic Plugin configuration in Configuration ->Metadata Tools->Automatic Plugin.

Quote:
I'm having similar problems with the /video_ts showing up at the end of DVDs ripped to the hard drive unless they already had their metadata. I have My Movies installed on the server as well and it has information for all but one of my DVDs.
Maybe that's my issue... i think my dvds have existing metadata... i'll try adding a few new ones and see what happens.

Quote:
The problem is that I can't figure out how to tell BMT where the My Movies data is. Am I missing it in the documentation? If so, just point me there and I'll be a happy camper.
If it's a single xml collection, then should be able to configure that in Configuration -> Metadata Tools -> MyMovies.

Last edited by stuckless; 02-19-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

various logs emailed. There are errors, but I have no idea how/if they relate so in the interest of too much info is better than not enough....

When I do click a thumbnail in DVD I do view the details. This doesn't happen in the imported (combined) menu items, missing the first character or not.
Hope that helps.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
various logs emailed. There are errors, but I have no idea how/if they relate so in the interest of too much info is better than not enough....

When I do click a thumbnail in DVD I do view the details. This doesn't happen in the imported (combined) menu items, missing the first character or not.
Hope that helps.
That's interesting. I'm hoping the logs will tell something. BTW, I didn't receive any logs yet... did you mail them to metadatatools at gmail dot com?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 5

Here's beta 5

2 fixes.
1. Fixed VIDEO_TS in the movie title (thumbnail and metadata)
2. Fixed Sage Metadata so that Media Title, Display Title, and Media Type are set correctly for dvds.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

don't want to publish what might be a private email, but sent it to another gmail I got from you related to another problem... will send to the referenced one as well.
thx