SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

That batch file is absolutely identical to the one I'm using. I do have the remote api installed (I'm using the latest beta from stuckless' web site, 6.6.9). Maybe the problem is TV Explorer?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Yes, I do have an updated STVi that works with BMT4.0 beta. I could probably release it this weekend if people are eager for it.
Does this fix the TV Series issue? If so it would be great if you could release it.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
That batch file is absolutely identical to the one I'm using. I do have the remote api installed (I'm using the latest beta from stuckless' web site, 6.6.9). Maybe the problem is TV Explorer?
What exactly are you seeing happen?
Old 04-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

When I run the batch file manually, I see that metadata is updated, and a .properties file is created with all the information. Unfortunately inside of Sage and through the BMT GUI I don't see the updated metadata (Season and Episode inside of TV Explorer in Sage and in BMT it is still listed in Missing Metadata).
Old 04-24-2010, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
When I run the batch file manually, I see that metadata is updated, and a .properties file is created with all the information. Unfortunately inside of Sage and through the BMT GUI I don't see the updated metadata (Season and Episode inside of TV Explorer in Sage and in BMT it is still listed in Missing Metadata).
That seems like a bmt issue, unfortunately. ie, TV Explorer will just use the data that bmt fetches. I can't remember if you sent me logs of it failing inside of SageTV... if not, then you may want to... there may be an exception that is happening.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

I believe I sent logs before, but I can certainly do it again. Since the .properties files seem to be getting created I'm guessing it is just the notifySage function not working as I expect it to. The other problem is that even if I initiate a refresh imported media from within Sage it doesn't update. One thought is that this is just for Sage Recordings would that make a difference?

I'll get some logs together and e-mail them to you shortly.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

I just sent you a set of logs along with my .properties file in case something in there is misconfigured. Thanks for looking at this and for this incredible tool.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Every now and then I run across some media that simply refuses to accept changes. See attached (happens with movies, tv) after saving changes next time I browse (or if I go to the sever or extender to check post change) the information is back to what it was before the change. Oddly enough in the past I have noticed that if I use webserver to change the info that it sticks but I am trying to make any necessary changes under bmt; what could be causing this discrepancy and better yet how do I fix it?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMT before change.jpg (268.7 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg BMT after change.jpg (307.6 KB, 185 views)
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Every now and then I run across some media that simply refuses to accept changes. See attached (happens with movies, tv) after saving changes next time I browse (or if I go to the sever or extender to check post change) the information is back to what it was before the change. Oddly enough in the past I have noticed that if I use webserver to change the info that it sticks but I am trying to make any necessary changes under bmt; what could be causing this discrepancy and better yet how do I fix it?

Thanks.
This is probably a result of poor documentation. When 4.0 was first released, I allowed sage recordings to be updated, but when the problems around cross linked metadata started to show up, I removed that ability... also, direct editing of the sage recordings caused other side effects, such as missing channels, etc. All these problems are solvable given enough time, but I took the quick route for now, which is not allow the saving of ALL metadata as it relates to sage recordings. Eventually, I'll update the UI to indicate which fields that I allow to be updated directly. For example, you can update the season and episode # for sage recordings, but not much else. It gets a little more complicated as well, since while I don't allow direct updating of the sage recording, it can updated in the .properties, and then refreshed for those fields to take effect.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
BTW... I know Tiki was working on something at one point as well.. I don't know how far he got with it.
I posted a beta release for the new STVi for anyone who is interested. You can find it here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...90&postcount=9
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Very nice Tiki. Thanks for creating this... now if someone could create a simple STVi import for SageMC as well I'm going to try this out right now
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

You get your own subforum now? Congratulations.
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
You get your own subforum now? Congratulations.
Thanks, I think Hopefully by having a sub-forum we can better organize the wealth of information around bmt, and people can feel free to create new threads to ask specific questions, etc, which should make it easier for people to find information. I'll all start to use the "stickies" as well, for some information. I haven't had time yet to fully "organize" stuff, so be patient
Old 04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

@Toricred - You are right. Even thought the batch file seems to indicate success TVE does not seem to be updated with the new metadata/fan art.

Bummer - I thought I had it solved. Hopefully, the logs you sent stuckless will help.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey stuckless, I've got a weird thing now where a folder that doesn't exist is showing up in the Sage Imports view - it's named '2' and has nothing in it, and there is not a corresponding folder on the actual hard drive. Is there logs that would help track this down?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

somewhere in this mess of posts, there's a post on how to enable the vfs debug logging. If you enable that, then browse to the folder, and send me the logs, I can try to figure out. the vfs debug output should show me all folders/items before and after then get put into the vfs, sorted, grouped, etc.

(here's the post on how to enable the logging)
Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
somewhere in this mess of posts, there's a post on how to enable the vfs debug logging. If you enable that, then browse to the folder, and send me the logs, I can try to figure out. the vfs debug output should show me all folders/items before and after then get put into the vfs, sorted, grouped, etc.

()
Here 'tis.

btl.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vfs_debug_2.zip (89.8 KB, 134 views)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Here 'tis.
Could I get a screen shot of what you are seeing...becuase I'm not seeing it in the logs (ie, the logs look normal, for the most part)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...ge/Capture.jpg

Interestingly enough I think this showed up right around the time I added the 'vids2' share as a Sage import directory......

btl.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Sage User

Could someone please help. I am new to the BMT tools and I am trying to recover my tv recordings and rebuild my wiz.bin file after a system crash. This tools for the most part works very well and I am not even sure if this is a problem with BMT. When I use the automatic search (or the manual for that matter) there are many TV shows I don't get a hit for. I then go directly to tvdb and search the show and title and it shows up. For example I am trying to find:

MacGyver-TheMadonna-4991883-0.autoCompress

I get no hits at all for MacGyver. When it searches it is displaying the full file path name.

I have tried searching the forums for a few days with no luck on how to resolve this.

I have also tried to clear the properties files and do a research but no luck.

Thanks for the help.

Chris