SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
Each episode is named like V - S01E01.avi
Warlord you should rename all your avi`s to " V (2009) S01E01.avi "

This works great for me.

Also I use a great tool called the Renamer, it will do this for you.

http://www.therenamer.com/index.html
Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAK View Post
Warlord you should rename all your avi`s to " V (2009) S01E01.avi "

This works great for me.

Also I use a great tool called the Renamer, it will do this for you.

http://www.therenamer.com/index.html
I feel like sending you money...

Not that I'm going to, just such a freakin' relief. I really try not to come to forums straight off with every little problem so that probably made me worry with this one too long but dang what a PITA!

Just glad it's over, and thanks, I owe you
Old 05-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordBB View Post
I feel like sending you money...

Not that I'm going to, just such a freakin' relief. I really try not to come to forums straight off with every little problem so that probably made me worry with this one too long but dang what a PITA!

Just glad it's over, and thanks, I owe you

No worries, glad to help.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffneil View Post
I am getting fanartc but I only have my properties file in the root of the directory where the movies reside but not in the same directory of the .vob file...

I do believe this is a bug. Stuckless you are the developer running the show here? Anything you want from me to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Neil
Neil, if you have have a dvd, like
/Movies/Terminator/*.vob
then the correct location for that .properties file is
/Movies/Terminator.properties

If you have folder like
/Movies/DVDs/terminator.vob
/Movies/DVDs/aliens.vob

Then bmt will confuse that as a movie called "DVDs", since the algorithm that bmt uses to determine if a folder is a dvd folder is simply to check if there are vobs in the folder or if there is a video_ts directory.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Sage Icon

@heffneil - What does your folder structure look like? And are you importing DVD objects, .mkv's, .mpgs, etc?

For DVD objects, the .properties will be in the same directory as the movie name folder (not the .vob's). This is because that is the directory that sage sees...

for example if your structure looks like this:
\\server\DVDS\MOVIENAME\VIDEO_TS\*.vobs

the property files will (and should) be in:
\\server\DVDS
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Stuckless,

Just wanted to let ya know that i found something that seems to be doing the trick for me.

1) made sure all sage recordings were up to date with metadata
2) shut down sage service
3) Removed ALL .properties files from recording directories
4) restarted sage service
5) went into BMT ui and disabled the automatic creation of .properties files
6) tested for 5 days before posting this :-)

The above steps seem to have cleared up all of my issues with metadata following new shows around...i think the problem lies in the .properties files, and the inability for Sage to delete the .properties files for recordings when a show is deleted...

Hope that helps or perks up your senses on what could be wrong...

~Pix
Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Those .properties files look fine to me. I'll send one to your gmail account in case you see something that I don't. But the description along with all the other info appears to be there, it just looks like it's no longer in my wiz.bin.

Is anyone else using ISOs with BMT 4.0? If so, are you experiencing this issue, or is everything working as it should?

To all who may know my friend, Peter (petereader).

Peter died suddenly in the early morning hours of Friday may 14th,
at the extremely young age of 35.

I hope this news gets to his friends here, i'm sure he would want you all to know.

-g
Old 05-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ignore Folders

I have several folders that contain various videos (home movies, videos taken from my phone, kids videos, etc...) that I only want SageMC to show as videos, but not have BMT do anything with them.

I have the "ignore folders" set up, and the scan is not looking for the metadata. However, when I use the WebUI and select "missing metadata" all of these show up as missing metadata. I know they are missing, because I've chosen that option.

Is there something somewhere that will prevent these from showing in the "missing metadata" screen so that I can truly manually update anything that is legitimately missing metadata?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashgee View Post

I hope this news gets to his friends here, i'm sure he would want you all to know.

-g
Wow. That is sad news. Peter was valued member to this community.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
I have several folders that contain various videos (home movies, videos taken from my phone, kids videos, etc...) that I only want SageMC to show as videos, but not have BMT do anything with them.

I have the "ignore folders" set up, and the scan is not looking for the metadata. However, when I use the WebUI and select "missing metadata" all of these show up as missing metadata. I know they are missing, because I've chosen that option.

Is there something somewhere that will prevent these from showing in the "missing metadata" screen so that I can truly manually update anything that is legitimately missing metadata?
This is a bug or oversight on my part. The vfs code does not have a way to exclude folders, but ill look into it.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Those .properties files look fine to me. I'll send one to your gmail account in case you see something that I don't. But the description along with all the other info appears to be there, it just looks like it's no longer in my wiz.bin.

Is anyone else using ISOs with BMT 4.0? If so, are you experiencing this issue, or is everything working as it should?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Wow. That is sad news. Peter was valued member to this community.
Thanks stuckless. He enjoyed being a part of it!
-g
Old 05-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Re: BMT monitoring new recordings

Bmt will not automatically fetch metadata for new recordings if they are .mpg butif I transcode them to .mkv it will pick up that file and fetch the metadata.

I don't see any place for the file extension types to be specified, but is it possible that it is just ignoring .mpg files?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Re: BMT monitoring new recordings

Bmt will not automatically fetch metadata for new recordings if they are .mpg butif I transcode them to .mkv it will pick up that file and fetch the metadata.

I don't see any place for the file extension types to be specified, but is it possible that it is just ignoring .mpg files?
.MPG files are definitely in the list. There is probably something else going on. It almost seems as if the first time It doesn't know it should fetch metadata.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just upgraded to Sage v7 (in place upgrade after backing up, of course!) and re-installed the plugin for BMT, but I am having some problems with a few episodes of one series, in particular.

Transformers:Cybertron is showing in my folder in a messed up order because of the way the title is being recorded. This is a new download in the past day, and I think I ran the scan from Sage 7... I can't be 100% sure though.

My problem is that the titles and metadata are not being picked up for a few of the episodes, and I have no idea why. ALL of the episodes are in the TVDB, and are ALL named properly - title-s00e00. I could understand if BMT couldn't figure out the title or season or episode, but they are all correct and it finds most.

I can't see these episodes through the BMT WebUI in the tv seasons folder, and they are not there in the missing metadata folder either. Help!

Am I missing something? I know this sounds confusing - and it is to me too.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sage 7 Get Metadata On The Fly?

Is there an option in the new Sage 7 to grab movie/show/episode metadata on the fly like in SageMC? For example - hit "option" and then get data... I can't see that anywhere in Sage 7.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Gregg I can't explain your previous issue. But there is no on demand search for bmts in sage 7.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashgee View Post

-g
That name definitely rang a bell for me. While I don't believe I ever really conversed with him, I recall seeing his name quite regularly, so I know I read many of his posts. My condolences to his friends and family.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 05-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Sage User

Command Line - Unable to Execute Any Commands

Hi All,

I am new to BMT and any kind of command line with java. However, after installing BMT I love it. There are a bunch of shows however, the BMT has not got right, so I am hoping to run through the command line utility and have it ask me for each item. I hope this will allow me to pick the correct show, at least that is what I have gathered from the BMT docs.

When I go in my windows command prompt and try to run any commands, it tells me that it doesn't recognize java as a command. I then downloaded the JDK and installed it. It then recognized java but told me it couldn't find MetadataTool.jar and Sage would also not load.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to be able to run BMT command line.

I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit, Sage TV 7 (Latest build) and the installed BMT through the Sage TV interface so I believe it is 4.0.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranzel View Post
Hi All,

I am new to BMT and any kind of command line with java. However, after installing BMT I love it. There are a bunch of shows however, the BMT has not got right, so I am hoping to run through the command line utility and have it ask me for each item. I hope this will allow me to pick the correct show, at least that is what I have gathered from the BMT docs.

When I go in my windows command prompt and try to run any commands, it tells me that it doesn't recognize java as a command. I then downloaded the JDK and installed it. It then recognized java but told me it couldn't find MetadataTool.jar and Sage would also not load.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to be able to run BMT command line.

I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit, Sage TV 7 (Latest build) and the installed BMT through the Sage TV interface so I believe it is 4.0.

Thanks.
Did you try the BMT web ui... it might be easier to use the web ui to update the metadata... unless you are really looking forward to doing this from the command line. I realize the web ui will not prompt you for each file, but, you can get a list of "missing metadata" items and update them individualy.

But, for the commandline to work you need to be in the sagetv home directory and run the java command.
Code:
C:> cd c:\program files\sagetv (or whatever your sagetv path is)
C:> java -jar MetadataTools.jar --auto=false --prompt=true C:\YourVidoes\
Obviously you'll need to pass whatever args you need. The last arg is always a file or directory that you want to update.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Sage User

Duplicate JARs in SageTV 7 w/ new BMT plugin install

In the BMT plugin under SageTV 7 Beta, I'm seeing the following:

Duplicate JARs
JARs\commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar 1.1.1
JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar 1.2.15

How do I resolve this? I searched the forums and saw a reference to a "jar cleaner tool", but I can't find any specifics regarding where the tool is and how to use it. Thanks!

Background:

I was running the latest Jetty with SJQ under SageTV 6.6, but I hadn't tried BMT. I upgraded to the SageTV 7 beta, upgraded Jetty and SJQ to the plugin versions, and then added the BMT plugin.

Code:
Installed JARs 
JARs\activation.jar 99.0 
JARs\ant-1.6.5.jar 1.6.5 
JARs\commons-codec-1.3.jar 1.3 
JARs\commons-dbutils-1.3.jar 1.3 
JARs\commons-io-1.4.jar 1.4 
JARs\commons-jxpath-1.1.jar 1.1 
JARs\commons-lang-2.4.jar 2.4 
JARs\commons-logging-1.1.1.jar 1.1.1 
JARs\commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar 1.1.1 
JARs\commons-net-1.4.1.jar 1.4.1 
JARs\core-3.1.1.jar 3.1.1 
JARs\df_sageutils.jar 99.0 
JARs\gkusnick.sagetv.jar 99.0 
JARs\h2-1.2.135.jar 1.2.135 
JARs\htmlparser-1.6.jar 1.6 
JARs\imageutils.jar 99.0 
JARs\jcifs-1.1.6.jar 1.1.6 
JARs\jdic.jar 99.0 
JARs\jetty-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\jetty-ajp-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\jetty-rewrite-handler-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\jetty-sslengine-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\jetty-starter.jar 1.7.5.22 
JARs\jetty-util-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\json.jar 99.0 
JARs\jsp-2.1-jetty-6.1.19.jar 99.0 
JARs\jsp-2.1.jar 2.1 
JARs\jsp-api-2.1.jar 2.1 
JARs\log4j-1.2.15.jar 1.2.15 
JARs\log4j.jar 99.0 
JARs\lucene-core-2.4.1.jar 2.4.1 750176 - 2009-03-04 21:56:52 
JARs\mail.jar 99.0 
JARs\mailcheck.jar 99.0 
JARs\metadata-updater.jar 4.0.27 
JARs\nielm_getrssnews.jar 99.0 
JARs\nielm_sageimdb.jar 99.0 
JARs\nielm_sagemenureader.jar 99.0 
JARs\nielm_sageutls.jar 1.4.1 
JARs\nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar 1.4.1 
JARs\phoenix.jar 1.73.2 
JARs\sagemc.jar 99.0 
JARs\sagex-api.jar 7.0.9.0 
JARs\sagex-h2.jar 99.0 
JARs\sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar 1.0.3 
JARs\servlet-api-2.5-6.1.19.jar 6.1.19 
JARs\sqlitejdbc-v056.jar 99.0 
JARs\vecmath.jar 1.3.0

Last edited by grison; 05-23-2010 at 12:30 AM.