SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Sage Icon

The Automatic Plugin isn't working at all and there are no System Messages being generated. On the other hand it's getting metadata for everything when I do a search from the web gui. This is much better than before. For now I'll see if I can get the command-line to work through SJQ.

I also can't seem to get it to look at the My Movies collection for metadata, but that's for another time.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The Automatic Plugin isn't working at all and there are no System Messages being generated. On the other hand it's getting metadata for everything when I do a search from the web gui. This is much better than before. For now I'll see if I can get the command-line to work through SJQ.

I also can't seem to get it to look at the My Movies collection for metadata, but that's for another time.
Could you email me your log file and filename that didn't get scanned by the automatic plugin. I think there may be an issue in the automatic plugin, especially if you are not seeing any system messages... since you should see 2... 1 for the failed event and another just to summarize the scanning results (ie, scanned 3 files 2 failed type of message). You can email to metadatatools at gmail dot com

Thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Bmt shouldn't interfere with my movies collection manager at all as it is SQL based.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Here's an interesting scenario. So if I choose the DVD view and pick a DVD and search and find metadata and save it. (Overwriting metadata and fanart and saving to the wiz.bin.) It updates the DVD listing in Sage as I expected it should. But if I go into the Sage Imports view and use the Update Metadata button at the root of the view (well actually one level down where I have 2 directories-1 for the Full DVD and one just for the Main Movie DVD) it will update everything (500 DVDs) but when I was done all of my DVDs also showed up under Movies in the TV Recordings. (Now 516 listings) I had "Import TV as Sage Recordings" checked on the save. I did have some imported TV recordings in there and wanted to see if it handled everything correctly. But it did not. I had a win.bin backup and just went back to the previous one. But it looks like I will have to update the DVDs one by one. Or is it because I had "Import TV as Sage Recordings" that this happened. Or is it a bug?

Also any attempt to update metadata using imdb-2 resuts in an "Unable to get Metadata" box.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 02-20-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Bmt shouldn't interfere with my movies collection manager at all as it is SQL based.
My Movies is working fine. The problem is getting BMT to look at My Movies when it's searching.

@stuckless I also sent you the e-mail with the logs and a sample filename.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just posting my quick experiences so far. Shortly after installing beta5 I received a system message telling me that 0 updated and 0 failed (that is correct, there was nothing really to update). I manually edited some metadata for a few shows that were missing season and episode # using the gui and that worked like a charm. Once I spend more time with it I'll report back, but I did want to mention that it appears as though the automatic plugin is at least running for me. I should know if it's actually getting fanart/metadata later today.

Cheers
Old 02-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

I'm beginning to think my problem with the automatic plugin is either the fact that I'm using UNC paths or the fact that there's a space in the path.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm beginning to think my problem with the automatic plugin is either the fact that I'm using UNC paths or the fact that there's a space in the path.
I copy the titles.xml to my WHS server and have BMT 4 configured with the local drive letter for that and it works fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I just tried a test from the command-line with a file on the C drive with no spaces in the path and it still didn't work so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

@gplasky My Sage server is running on WHS. I'm confused by your comment. What is the titles.xml file? How do you point BMT4 to a local drive letter?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just for the record, I'm using UNC paths, but then again, not 100% sure the automatic plugin is working for me either. Last night a movie recorded and no fanart downloaded for it, even though I did get a poster using the webGUI. I'm going to force some stuff to record in a bit and see definitively whether or not it's working.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Here's an interesting scenario. So if I choose the DVD view and pick a DVD and search and find metadata and save it. (Overwriting metadata and fanart and saving to the wiz.bin.) It updates the DVD listing in Sage as I expected it should. But if I go into the Sage Imports view and use the Update Metadata button at the root of the view (well actually one level down where I have 2 directories-1 for the Full DVD and one just for the Main Movie DVD) it will update everything (500 DVDs) but when I was done all of my DVDs also showed up under Movies in the TV Recordings. (Now 516 listings) I had "Import TV as Sage Recordings" checked on the save. I did have some imported TV recordings in there and wanted to see if it handled everything correctly. But it did not. I had a win.bin backup and just went back to the previous one. But it looks like I will have to update the DVDs one by one. Or is it because I had "Import TV as Sage Recordings" that this happened. Or is it a bug?
This is a bug for sure. Import TV as Recordings should ONLY ever import TV media as recordings. I know that I have code that does check if the media type is TV before importing it, so I must be missing a check somewhere.

Quote:
Also any attempt to update metadata using imdb-2 resuts in an "Unable to get Metadata" box.
I'll verify that specific provider, but usually that's that one that I use as well.

Quote:
My Movies is working fine. The problem is getting BMT to look at My Movies when it's searching.
Currently the only support for mymovies is using a single collection.xml. If you do set the mymovies.xml collection, then you also have to add MyMovies to you list of providers for Movies (Configure -> Metadata Tools -> Metadata Configuration -> Movie Metadat Providers, and add 'mymovies' to the top of the list.

[QUOTE=petereader;409468]Just posting my quick experiences so far. Shortly after installing beta5 I received a system message telling me that 0 updated and 0 failed (that is correct, there was nothing really to update). [quote]
Bug... That is fixed in beta6.

Quote:
UNC paths should not matter... in theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petereader View Post
Just for the record, I'm using UNC paths, but then again, not 100% sure the automatic plugin is working for me either. Last night a movie recorded and no fanart downloaded for it, even though I did get a poster using the webGUI. I'm going to force some stuff to record in a bit and see definitively whether or not it's working.
I have made some changes to the automatic plugin in beta6. I did notice that in beta5, the plugin could deactivate itself, which would render it useless.

I'll be doing another build later today... I'm just trying to get some api updates in there as well. I'm hoping to have another build ready within a couple of hours (I want do some testing on gerry's issue to see if it's a quick fix or not). Thanks for all testing.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just tried a test from the command-line with a file on the C drive with no spaces in the path and it still didn't work so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

@gplasky My Sage server is running on WHS. I'm confused by your comment. What is the titles.xml file? How do you point BMT4 to a local drive letter?
I run My Movie Collection Management on a PC on my network. I do my ripping from there also. To use My Movies with BMT I export a titles.xml file from the program. (default file name.) I then use SyncToy to copy it to the root of my Fanart directoryom my WHS. Then in BMT 4.0 I set the MyMovies Xml path to be D:\shares\Fanart\Titles.xml since BMT is running local on the WHS server. And then as Sean said
Quote:
then you also have to add MyMovies to you list of providers for Movies (Configure -> Metadata Tools -> Metadata Configuration -> Movie Metadat Providers, and add 'mymovies' to the top of the list.
I actually use mymovies-2 which is My Movies + moviedb.org as a provider.

Sean-nice work on the upgrade to BMT 4. You have done a lot of nice things with the program and made it much better than the previous version. Keep up the good work.

Gerry

Last edited by gplasky; 02-20-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 6

Here's beta6

Issues Fixed
1. Search Query will now check GetShowCategory to see if it's a movie for TV Recordings
2. Fixed issue in the Automatic Plugin code that prevents it from handling new files.
3. Added Skipped Items to the Tracker so that Skipped Items can be reported in the SystemMessage for scans that happen via the automatic plugin
4. Fixed bug in the on-demand search apis (would never find a result)
5. api changes (StartMetadataScan() now accepts File object for a directory as well)
6. api changes (StartMetadataScan() now accepts Map of options for setting overwrite-fanart, overwrite-metadata
7. Fixed bug that caused imdb-2 to error out from the web ui
8. Fixed bug where NON TV was being imported as TV
Old 02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

We're so close it's really getting annoying. Sean I don't think there's anything wrong with your code, but now thetvdb.com isn't responding. Is anybody other than me seeing this problem?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

toricred,
I just did a manual scan using thetvdb and got results back (beta6)

Sean,
I think I may have a problem crop back up that I had on a previous build. The show title for the last two shows that recorded seem to have adopted the show title of the recorded movie that I manually grabbed metadata for just a few hours ago using the webGUI (the first one I did after installing the first beta4). The media type also appears to have been adopted from that first scan. It was a movie, while these new recordings are TV shows. Would like to look at some log files but not sure which ones to look at.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Sean-nice work on the upgrade to BMT 4. You have done a lot of nice things with the program and made it much better than the previous version. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Gerry. I appreciate your help and patience with testing

Quote:
We're so close it's really getting annoying. Sean I don't think there's anything wrong with your code, but now thetvdb.com isn't responding. Is anybody other than me seeing this problem?
I'm noticing that as well
Old 02-20-2010, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

I have to step out for few hours... but I'll be back at again tonight. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Sage Icon

I just checked on the forums for thetvdb. The site is down right now. No word from the admins yet, but at least I know it's not just me.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting. Yeah, it's now down for me too. Sorry, didn't mean lead you down the wrong path, but I did get some results from tvdb after you posted. Guess it's not the best time to be using them for beta testing.

Hope they get back up soon.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Well it looks like it's back up now. Back to the beta testing.