SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
not as rare as you might think... just looking at 24 season 8.. episodes 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 23 & 24 all air on the same day... lots of shows air multiple episodes for the season premier or finale... also sometimes they'll routinely air 2 1/2 hr shows on the same day....
Good call. I forgot all about premiers and finales.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok love the new beta. but i need to learn to use it. i used the old one but i think i messed up the configuration and i had to manually choose shows from import and copy and paste the show name and manually enter season and episode. became a pain. This new one the auto is working which is great the only thing is it is putting new shows into the archived shows the old one would unarchive shows if i did a scan. I am not to good at all this stuff and really apreciate all the hard work you have put into this.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You mean, just a drive, S:, an dnot a path on the that drive? Is is they a dvd drive? (just curious)... This will be tricky for me to test, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Sean.
Yeah, I've been playing with ESXi lately so I've got some test stuff setup in a few VMs (I've gone VM crazy ). I've got Sage and unRAID running in a couple on a spare PC.

Anyway, yeah, I've got share that I mapped to a drive, and then specified that as an import path (the root). If I do that (the mapped drive) I get the chopped off first character problem. If I import the UNC path to the same location all is happy.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 9

Next Beta

Issues Fixed
1. Added --support commandline option. --support will zip up all log file and properties and add them to a zipfile. If you pass a video directory as a commandline arg, then it will recreate that video structure in the zip file, using stub files (ie, not copies of the files)
2. Fixed bug where fanart was sometimes being downloaded, even if metadata only was selected
3. Changed TVDB Lookups to use Season Episode, then Date, then Episode Title. (Previously it only did one of those operations, now it will do all 3 until it finds a match)
4. Clicking status from the web ui now refreshes the status page

Just some notes...
I've added a "tool" to the commandline (and eventually the web ui) to create a support zip file containing your log files and properties, and optionally a recreation of a video directory.

From the Command line, in the sagetv home directory....
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar --support "C:\YouVideosDir"
This will create a zip file in the SageTV home dir called bmtsupport-DATETIME.zip. It will include log file, properties files, and because you passed a video dir, it will create a replica of your video structure using stub files. Note... only supply a video dir path, if I need it to reproduce your issue. This option should make it easier (i hope) for people to send along the right log files, etc.

I've changed the TVDB lookup. It has always worked with dates, season/ep, and title, but it would only ever use one of those methods. It will now use Season/EP, then Date, and lastly title. In 3.1, if bmt found a match on a series, but not on a particular episode it would still return that information. In 4.0, tvdb lookups are considered a failure if it does not find a valid season/episode after doing all 3 searches.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones71 View Post
ok love the new beta. but i need to learn to use it. i used the old one but i think i messed up the configuration and i had to manually choose shows from import and copy and paste the show name and manually enter season and episode. became a pain. This new one the auto is working which is great the only thing is it is putting new shows into the archived shows the old one would unarchive shows if i did a scan. I am not to good at all this stuff and really apreciate all the hard work you have put into this.
I guess the issue is that in 3.1, i forced the flag. In 4.0, when updating the wiz.bin info for imported shows, I actaully look at the state of the archived flag and I preserve it during the import. I did this, in case people explicitly unarchived shows, and then updated again, then the flag would get reset. I can add a parameter to that can force the status to be archived or not, if people want it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Yeah, I've been playing with ESXi lately so I've got some test stuff setup in a few VMs (I've gone VM crazy ). I've got Sage and unRAID running in a couple on a spare PC.

Anyway, yeah, I've got share that I mapped to a drive, and then specified that as an import path (the root). If I do that (the mapped drive) I get the chopped off first character problem. If I import the UNC path to the same location all is happy.
Yeah... I go through phases with VMs as well... right now the only thing I keep in a vm is Windows I'll try to do some testing using mapped drives and see if I can replicate the problem. At the moment, I can even speculate as to why a single drive import would cause and issue
Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

I can confirm UNC paths work much more gooder!...

bueno & gracias!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've seen a very simple batch file, just a few lines posted somewhere that renames a tv show file based on .properties file info to 'ShowTitle - sXXeXX.* format, but now can't find it. i just hate the 'show id' naming sage uses, kinda means nothing to me.... Can anybody point me in the direction of that post?

Then it occurred to me that since bmt uses that exact format it may be able to do that renaming automagically???
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

there was/is a rename option in bmt commandline (not sure it's been updated in 4.0). I do intend to validate the rename in one of these beta releases.

Doing a rename from the webui woud be possible, but I'd never allow a rename for the automatic plugin.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know I would love to see an option for the automatic plugin to not archive imports. Anybody else? We use the archive as a wife already watched area. It gets confusing when the imports get automatically put there. I love the new automatic plugin it works great. Thank you again for all your hard work.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am trying to get a MetadataTitles override working for "The Daily Show". With the entry added to MetadataTitles.xml, the properties file is never being created. I can't see anything wrong with the setup. I'd appreciate any help with this.

MetadataTitles.xml
Code:
<titles>
	<!--
	A Match can contain a regex that will be used to match against the path.  If it matches, then it will
	then set the fields, title, year, or id, into the search query.
	-->
	<match>
		<regex>TheDailyShowWithJonStewart</regex>
		<title>The Daily Show</title>
		<year>1996</year>
		<metadata type="tv" name="tvdb">71256</metadata>
	</match>

</titles>
And the relevant piece of the log file, with the log level set to INFO:
Code:
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [EventRouter-001d6a4bfe66] org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin - BMT Automatic Plugin handling file: V:\TheDailyShowWithJonStewart-6643768-0.mpg; BMT Version: 4.0-beta9; Phoenix Version: 1.62
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Added Provider: imdb-2 to the Provider Search Container
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Added Provider: themoviedb.org to the Provider Search Container
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataFactory - Added Provider: imdb.xml to the Provider Search Container
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.process.MetadataProcessor - Metadata Processor will only scan for items that are missing metadata.
2010-02-24 23:04:57,848 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.process.MetadataProcessor - Using Exclude Regex: M:\\
2010-02-24 23:04:57,879 WARN  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.TVFileNameUtils - Scraper org.jdna.media.metadata.impl.xbmc.XbmcScraper@1bd3498 failed to parse year for: V:\TheDailyShowWithJonStewart-6643768-0.mpg
2010-02-24 23:04:58,957 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataPersistence - Begin updating metadata for: SageMediaFile:[MediaFile[id=6746602 A[6643768,6643730,"The Daily Show With Jon Stewart",62420@0224.23:00,30] host=vulcan encodedBy=Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device #2  format=MPEG2-TS 0:04:50 4608 kbps [#0 Video[H.264 1280x720 progressive]#1 Audio[AC3 48000 Hz 2 channels 384 kbps MAIN idx=1 id=1100]] V:\TheDailyShowWithJonStewart-6643768-0.mpg, Seg0[Wed 2/24 23:00:00.025-Wed 12/31 19:00:00.000]]]; With Options: PersistenceOptions [createDefaultSTVThumbnail=false, createProperties=true, fileRenamePattern=null, importAsTV=false, overwriteFanart=false, overwriteMetadata=false, touchingFiles=true, updateWizBin=false, useTitleMasks=true]
2010-02-24 23:04:58,973 INFO  [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.sage.SageScanMediaFileEvenHandler - Metadata Scan Completed.  Updated: 1; Failed: 0; Skipped: 0
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Please make the order used to find metadata user configurable. With beta 9 my number of hits has gone down dramatically. With the prior beta I was at 95%+. With 9 I'm down to 70%+ which is only a little better than 3.1.

Also is there somewhere to turn off or configure what generates a System Message?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
2010-02-24 23:04:58,957 INFO [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.media.metadata.MediaMetadataPersistence - Begin updating metadata for: SageMediaFile:[MediaFile[id=6746602 A[6643768,6643730,"The Daily Show With Jon Stewart",62420@0224.23:00,30] host=vulcan encodedBy=Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device #2 format=MPEG2-TS 0:04:50 4608 kbps [#0 Video[H.264 1280x720 progressive]#1 Audio[AC3 48000 Hz 2 channels 384 kbps MAIN idx=1 id=1100]] V:\TheDailyShowWithJonStewart-6643768-0.mpg, Seg0[Wed 2/24 23:00:00.025-Wed 12/31 19:00:00.000]]]; With Options: PersistenceOptions [createDefaultSTVThumbnail=false, createProperties=true, fileRenamePattern=null, importAsTV=false, overwriteFanart=false, overwriteMetadata=false, touchingFiles=true, updateWizBin=false, useTitleMasks=true]
2010-02-24 23:04:58,973 INFO [AsyncWatch-MediaFileHandler] org.jdna.sage.SageScanMediaFileEvenHandler - Metadata Scan Completed. Updated: 1; Failed: 0; Skipped: 0
It did "update", but because overwriteFanart is false and overwriteMetadata is false, then nothing actually got updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Please make the order used to find metadata user configurable. With beta 9 my number of hits has gone down dramatically. With the prior beta I was at 95%+. With 9 I'm down to 70%+ which is only a little better than 3.1.
Are you getting false hits or no hits? Because I could potentially see false hits rising, but not 20%... and the no hits should actually increase, since now it's doing 3 searches whereas before it only did 1 search and if that 1 search failed, then it would just fail. Now if the first search fails, then it will try the next search, and if that fails, it will try the 3rd.

Quote:
Also is there somewhere to turn off or configure what generates a System Message?
Configure -> Metadata Tools -> Automatic Plugin, In there, there are 2 settings. One controls whether or not your get a "status" message (ie, 1 updated, 1 failed, 0 skipped), and the other controls whether or not your get a "Failed" message.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
there was/is a rename option in bmt commandline (not sure it's been updated in 4.0). I do intend to validate the rename in one of these beta releases.

Doing a rename from the webui woud be possible, but I'd never allow a rename for the automatic plugin.
I can find no documentation on the commandline options
Old 02-25-2010, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

@bikesqid - the command line is documented from the commandline...
Code:
java -jar MetadataTool.jar
This should list out all the commandline options.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Sage Expert

Amazing work yet again... I am using beta10, rescanned my entire library, and only had a couple issues. Can you help me with these? Apologies if you already answered this... these threads get insanely long.

1. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Tudors S01 D04\VIDEO_TS using provider tvdb
MY RESPONSE: What format should TV show seasons spanning multiple discs be in?

2. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Entourage Season 2 Disc 3\VIDEO_TS using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml
MY RESPONSE: Similar to above, what format should TV show seasons spanning multiple discs be in?

3. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Doubt (2008)\VIDEO_TS using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml
MY RESPONSE: If I search for "Doubt" on IMDB, I get results in the following format: "Doubt (2008/I)", "Doubt (2008/II)", and "Doubt (2008/III)". How do I handle this? And themoviedb.org does have "Doubt (2008)" as a result... any reason why this is failing?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Sage Expert

One other question... I do have "Direct update of wiz.bin" enabled, but BMT beta 10 still spews out tons of .properties files. How do I truly turn that off?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-25-2010, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Amazing work yet again... I am using beta10, rescanned my entire library, and only had a couple issues. Can you help me with these? Apologies if you already answered this... these threads get insanely long.

1. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Tudors S01 D04\VIDEO_TS using provider tvdb
MY RESPONSE: What format should TV show seasons spanning multiple discs be in?

2. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Entourage Season 2 Disc 3\VIDEO_TS using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml
MY RESPONSE: Similar to above, what format should TV show seasons spanning multiple discs be in?

3. Failed to find metadata for: D:\Media\Movies\DVDs\Doubt (2008)\VIDEO_TS using provider imdb-2,themoviedb.org,imdb.xml
MY RESPONSE: If I search for "Doubt" on IMDB, I get results in the following format: "Doubt (2008/I)", "Doubt (2008/II)", and "Doubt (2008/III)". How do I handle this? And themoviedb.org does have "Doubt (2008)" as a result... any reason why this is failing?
I'm seeing a theme here... I'm guessing there's a bug in the DVD part of the vfs. I'll do some testing on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
One other question... I do have "Direct update of wiz.bin" enabled, but BMT beta 10 still spews out tons of .properties files. How do I truly turn that off?
When you scan from the web ui, there is an option to create .properties...just uncheck it. If you are scanning from the automatic plugin, then you can configure the option in the PLugin Configuration from the web ui.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for looking into this... looking forward to an updated version.

Also, one suggestion. For the Metadata Tools -> Metadata Configuration, you may want to update your "tooltip" for "Central Fanart Folder" to indicate that in windows, you need to use double slashes for folders. At first I used "T:\Fanart" and was ripping my hair out trying to figure out why nothing was working. I then updated to "T:\\Fanart" and it started working as expected. Just a suggestion.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for pointing me in the right directions on the System Messages I found it and fixed it.

On the problem with dropping success on metadata it is no hits. I discovered this afternoon that thetvdb was having some more outages so I'm hoping that was the cause. I was running beta 9 so I should update to 10 anyhow. I'll let you know if the no hits problem continues. (If only my Cubs could throw more no hit games I wouldn't care about missing metadata from BMT.)
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to zovirax_tomer
thank you for the support of language in thetvdb.

i try to finding a Metadata to some series.
for example: "doll house" (in hebrew: "בית הבובות")
but i got a lot of unrelated result.

if i search in thetvdb.com i get one result:
http://thetvdb.com/?string=%D7%91%D7...unction=Search

thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (53.5 KB, 196 views)