SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

UPnP Browser: The Video List is Downloading

I upgraded to Version 7 and the new plugin didn't make this problem go away for me.

When I ultimately click through to the Browser, I see the "The Video List is Downloading" box forever.

PlayOn is running on my server, there is no anti-virus or firewall running. The plugin was working fine before until one day (on V6) when I got this behaviour (which has carried over into V7)

How can I debug it? On V6, the log was empty, and UPnPBrowser just hung when I ran it from the command line.

Help!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrinz View Post
How can I debug it? On V6, the log was empty, and UPnPBrowser just hung when I ran it from the command line.
That's very odd, so when you run...
Quote:
UPnPBrowser.exe
It doesn't create a UPnPBrowser.log file?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, when you put it that way ;-)

If I run it w/o any parameters, it does come back w/ output (attached) and the log is generated (also attached)

when I run

UPnP2Podcast.exe "PlayOn:Hulu:+2" debug

to test, is when it hangs and there's no log

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: txt output.txt (1.2 KB, 287 views)
File Type: txt UPnP2Podcast.txt (7.7 KB, 286 views)
Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

UPnPBrowser.exe is the new version for v7. Try running that. It should be in the folder SageOnlineServicesEXEs.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 05-21-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! I ran UPnPBrowser.exe once (no parameters) and renamed UPnP2Podcast.exe to UPnP2Podcast.exe.xxxx, went back in through the UI, and it works again!

Old 05-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

The word "Browser" is spelled incorrectly on the Online services Exe menu.

upnpbrowser.png
Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep View Post
The word "Browser" is spelled incorrectly on the Online services Exe menu.
Opps

Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Opps
It's Oops.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Sage User

OnLine Videos freeze

I am now running SageTV MC Ver 7 beta. I've updated my firmware and installed the UpnpBrowser plug-in. I am running the latest version of PlayOn (2.59.3790.84). When I browse PlayOn's lists using UpnpBrowser and select a TV show to watch, the show may start but after a very short time the video freezes. It will try to play but it quickly freezes. I checked my computer and the MediaMailServer.exe service was consuming all the CPU time. I have to delete that process in order to gain control back.

These same symptoms happened when I was running SageTV Ver 6.6. with your Upnp2Podcast plug-in, but ONLY after I upgraded from PlayOn Ver 2.59.3686 to ver 2.59.3699. Prior to the upgrade all Online videos ran smoothly. I contacted PlayOn and they suggested installing XBMC to browse PlayOn's list and play a video on my computer. The video played smoothly using XBMC but did not work using SageTV. I am including a log file of one of my attempts at playing a video. I upgraded to SageTV Ver 7 hoping it would fix the probelm. It did not.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UPnPBrowser1.txt (1.9 KB, 273 views)
Old 06-07-2010, 02:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Do Hulu videos work, or is it just CBS giving your the problem? I've had no issues with the latest version of PlayON so I don't know what could be happening.

Edit: Also, is SageTV actually freezing, or is the video just stopping earlier than expected?

Last edited by evilpenguin; 06-07-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajj View Post
I am now running SageTV MC Ver 7 beta. I've updated my firmware and installed the UpnpBrowser plug-in. I am running the latest version of PlayOn (2.59.3790.84). When I browse PlayOn's lists using UpnpBrowser and select a TV show to watch, the show may start but after a very short time the video freezes. It will try to play but it quickly freezes. I checked my computer and the MediaMailServer.exe service was consuming all the CPU time. I have to delete that process in order to gain control back.

These same symptoms happened when I was running SageTV Ver 6.6. with your Upnp2Podcast plug-in, but ONLY after I upgraded from PlayOn Ver 2.59.3686 to ver 2.59.3699. Prior to the upgrade all Online videos ran smoothly. I contacted PlayOn and they suggested installing XBMC to browse PlayOn's list and play a video on my computer. The video played smoothly using XBMC but did not work using SageTV. I am including a log file of one of my attempts at playing a video. I upgraded to SageTV Ver 7 hoping it would fix the probelm. It did not.
Take a look at my "Mediamall.exe posts on Playon forum. They suspect a script or plugin is causing the processor to run full out and give some troubleshooting steps to pin it down.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Do Hulu videos work, or is it just CBS giving your the problem? I've had no issues with the latest version of PlayON so I don't know what could be happening.

Edit: Also, is SageTV actually freezing, or is the video just stopping earlier than expected?
I've checked several places including Hulu and they all freeze. By "freeze" I mean the video appears like a photograph or at best a slideshow. Sometimes it will display the "buffering" box and not even make it to the video. I am able to browse PlayOn without any problems, but as soon as I try to play a video I can see the MediaMallServer.exe process consuming more and more CPU cycles until it freezes not only the video but the computer as well. I must delete the process in order to regain control of my computer.

I should mention that "native" SageTV Online Services, those which come with SageTV like YouTube and Google video work fine. Only when I browse PlayOn then play a video does the problem occur.

I did check the PlayOn forums and some PlayOn plug-ins cause similar problems, but I am not using any PlayOn plug-ins.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMan321 View Post
Take a look at my "Mediamall.exe posts on Playon forum. They suspect a script or plugin is causing the processor to run full out and give some troubleshooting steps to pin it down.
I did check the PlayOn forums and some PlayOn plug-ins cause similar problems, but I am not using any PlayOn plug-ins. I did rename the Plug-In folder as they suggested anyway but it did no good. I will continue to search the PlayOn forums.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Sage User

Video Freezing even with SageTV Media Player

I did some more exploring with the Video "freezing" problem I had. I used just the HD200 as a SageTV Media Player and not interfacing with the SageTV Server. In this mode I go to "File Servers" and the PlayOn server shows up so I can browse the various offerings. When I go to play a video the same thing happens as I described in my previous posts, that is the "downloading" message box takes forever and the video stops (freezes). The freezing is the result of the PlayOn server consuming 100% of the CPU. Native SageTV "OnLine" videos play fine.

This means the EP's plugin is not the cuprit, but rather the interaction between SageTV and PlayOn. PlayOn has no problem when used with XBMC. PlayON was working with SageTV until I upgraded. I believe this is no longer the best forum for a probem of this type. Any suggestions as to which forum would be the best to submit this problem would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Damn Damn Damn.

It was all working great with TVersity.

UPnPBrowser was able to find TVersity and give me a list of videos.

I had to get greedy and install playOn.

Now I get "video list is downloading"

The UPnP Browser stays at 16Mb memory for a few seconds - then rockets up to use 1.5Gb where it levels out. No video list appears.

I tried uninstalling playon and restarting SageTV but it does the same thing.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Sorted it.

I just deleted the cache of data in the UPnPBrowser directory and tried again.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

This problem just popped up today - I tried clearing my google chrome cache and now it just sits there for like 5 minutes saying "the video list is downloading" and then comes up blank. I tried reinstalling PlayOn - no luck.

I'm not sure what to do. On another note - is there ANY way to search Netflix (I mean like you can with Roku or others where you can enter the name of a show or movies?). It seems like all you can do is navigate through menu topics to try and find what you are looking for.

Thanks,