SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

MitchSchaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
Add the Venstar T1700 Thermostat and the Insteon controller to that list:

http://www.smarthome.com/2491T1/Vens...ammable/p.aspx

http://www.smarthome.com/2441V/Therm...patible/p.aspx

That's one thing I liked that mControl could do.
Do you have InControl loaded on HomeSeer? If so there is an option that helps me modify InControl to support those devices. Let me know and I can show you how to perform those steps.

Michael
Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

heatvent,

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatvent View Post
Took me a while but here is my thermostat device (I have all of the control options enabled in HS) and my temperature status device. I use a HAI Omnistat RC-122B thermostat (first generation).
Thanks, I will add these to my list of todos and let you know when updated.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Updated version 1.1.0

All,

I have updated the version to 1.1.0 in an attempt to eliminate the validation issues in different environments. Please see the first post for more information.

Be sure to update BOTH the HomeSeer and SageTV plugins to version 1.1.0.

Please continue to provide the great feedback!!

Michael
Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play around with the free version of Homeseer or this plugin yet but does it allow you to see webcams on your sage server?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsung View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play around with the free version of Homeseer or this plugin yet but does it allow you to see webcams on your sage server?
The SageTV plugin does not have the functionality to view web cams. It can currently change the status of a device such as turning a lamp on and off. I'm waiting for the ability to run events from the plugin before I give it a test drive.

HomeSeer does have a webcam plugin but I have not used it recently. It was limited in functionality when I used it a few years ago. I decided to go with the NUUO DVR card and software which is a full-featured solution for use with multiple cameras.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bsung,

Quote:
The only way I can see doing this without using sometime of encoder directly to Sage would be to display a frequently updating image file (i.e. jpg) say every 10 seconds. Would something like that meet your need?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Sage User

Trouble getting plugin to recognize Homeseer Server

I installed both plugins [newest version 1.10] and have tried every combination I can think of to get the two to connect. Could it be because my Homeseer Server is on port 86 instead of 80? Tired of seeing "invalid" and really looking forward to using the software. Thanks for your help.

Bill
Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
Bsung,

The only way I can see doing this without using sometime of encoder directly to Sage would be to display a frequently updating image file (i.e. jpg) say every 10 seconds. Would something like that meet your need?
Yes, that sounds as if it would work. It would be even better if you had the option of modifying the refresh rate. I was thinking it could be nice to have an event triggered when a motion detector goes off that shows a camera of the front door. It seems as if the plugin shows a dialog box only though when an event is triggered, is that right?

Regardless, I have to say I am excited about this plugin.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bill,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wberry View Post
I installed both plugins [newest version 1.10] and have tried every combination I can think of to get the two to connect. Could it be because my Homeseer Server is on port 86 instead of 80? Tired of seeing "invalid" and really looking forward to using the software. Thanks for your help.

Bill
It does not use the HomeSeer webserver is it creates its own TCP/IP connection. Are you trying this directly on the Sage Server or through a client/extender? If you are using it on your Sage Server, is Sage set up as a service? If so do the following steps:
  • Change the "Sage Receive Port" to 10992
  • Close Sage
  • Restart the Service
  • Open up the Sage UI
  • Press Click to Validate

If that doesn't work or you are not running Sage as a service, please also check this out to clear out all of the settings and start over. I have seen issues that if Sage/HomeSeer get out of sync, sometimes it is hard to get them back in sync.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bsung,

Quote:
Yes, that sounds as if it would work. It would be even better if you had the option of modifying the refresh rate. I was thinking it could be nice to have an event triggered when a motion detector goes off that shows a camera of the front door. It seems as if the plugin shows a dialog box only though when an event is triggered, is that right?

Regardless, I have to say I am excited about this plugin.
I have added this to my feature list, let me see what I can come up with.

Michael
Old 07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Sage User

It's working

Thanks for the directions. I never got a chance to do everything you suggested and it just worked. Very nice plugin. Thanks for putting it together for the Sage/home seer community.

Bill
Old 07-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bill,

Quote:
Thanks for the directions. I never got a chance to do everything you suggested and it just worked. Very nice plugin. Thanks for putting it together for the Sage/home seer community.

Bill
That is great to hear!! Let me know if you have any feedback!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage User

Sage Server, sage service and sage client

I think I figured it out. The problems come when you use the sage server as a service and then launch the client. When I do that, doesn't matter what I do I get "invalid". But if I launch the Sage server without the service -no problems. Same thing if I launch the sage server as a service and use a place shifter. Wonder if the software can only.have one thing running on a machine because the sage ID is fixed to the ip address and can't be shared?

Things work fine for me now except if I want to have the GUI on the server I can't use the service. Otherwise I like the software though it would be great to have control over events too.
Thanks, Bill
Old 07-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Bill,

Quote:
I think I figured it out. The problems come when you use the sage server as a service and then launch the client. When I do that, doesn't matter what I do I get "invalid". But if I launch the Sage server without the service -no problems. Same thing if I launch the sage server as a service and use a place shifter. Wonder if the software can only.have one thing running on a machine because the sage ID is fixed to the ip address and can't be shared?

Things work fine for me now except if I want to have the GUI on the server I can't use the service. Otherwise I like the software though it would be great to have control over events too.
Thanks, Bill
I'm not sure if you tried this, but we should be able to get it working with Sage as a service. Try this:
  • Set Sage back as a service.
  • Start the client on the server
  • Go into "Control" and select options
  • Change the Sage Receive Port to 10992
  • Click Close
  • Exit the client
  • Start the client back up
  • Go back into "Control" and select options
  • See if the Server Settings now shows VALID (if things are set correctly, it will show VALID without having to press "Click to Validate"

If this does not work, the next version will have some more error detection and logging to help us further debug the issue and verify the configuration is correct.

Michael
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

mbowling,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
This looks interesting. I've used HomeSeer for many years. I have a "Watch TV" HomeSeer event that adjusts the lighting of several lights in my living room before watching TV. Is it possible to run a HomeSeer event from SageTV using InControl?
The new version, 1.2.0, now allows you to fire off HomeSeer events from Sage. You can find the options, by selecting the "Events" link on the main InControl page. Let me know how it works for you.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Heatvent

Quote:
1. Ability to execute an event (I think this is almost a must for a lot of people).
I was able to knock one off your list...you can now fire off events in version 1.2.0.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
1. Ability to execute an event (I think this is almost a must for a lot of people).
2. Can HS monitor or control SageTV? This could be great for example, play a DVD and the lights automatically dim. End a DVD and they come back on. Would also be useful for those who use HSTouch to control AV equipment.
heatvent,

Just checking if you have had a chance to upgrade to InControl 1.3.0. Both of your requests above have been incorporated.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Took me a while but here is my thermostat device (I have all of the control options enabled in HS) and my temperature status device. I use a HAI Omnistat RC-122B thermostat (first generation).
Heatvent,

If you download 1.3.1, I believe I have corrected two of your comments from the past:

1) You should now be able to see your temperature status. Go to the HomeSeer device, select "Device String" in the "Status Information To Send" and change the default graphic to "Temperature". I am looking into further the Thermostat control.

2) In a previous post you also requested some type of sorting in Sage. 1.3.1 has basic alpha sorting on the locations and devices.

Let me know how it works for you.

Tags
automation, home automation, homeseer, incontrol