SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
Device buttons with actions "Channel Up/Page Up" works!

But the scripting functions don't.
Moskus,

We are getting close. Can you try this as a script or send you a sample of your script? This is working on my test system.

Michael

Code:
sub main()

dim nsuccess

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByID "1000_0", "Channel Down/Page Down"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByID "1000_0", "Channel Up/Page Up"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByName "Sage Server", "Channel Down/Page Down"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByName "Sage Server", "Channel Up/Page Up"

end sub
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Michael,

I've noticed a problem when a message is displayed on the TV from HomeSeer. The intended message will display normally. Then if I leave the message on the TV until another event runs that changes a device status, a new cryptic message is displayed in the same message box as the original message. In this case the message was:

"@HAMONINIT;Garage Interior Door to Garage;Closed" ... <more text> ... "END".
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
Moskus,

We are getting close. Can you try this as a script or send you a sample of your script? This is working on my test system.

Michael

Code:
sub main()

dim nsuccess

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByID "1000_0", "Channel Down/Page Down"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByID "1000_0", "Channel Up/Page Up"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByName "Sage Server", "Channel Down/Page Down"
hs.waitsecs 3
hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageCommandByName "Sage Server", "Channel Up/Page Up"

end sub
OK, I take my previous statement back. It seems like scripting works too!

SendSagetCommandByName("Sage Server") did nothing. But the other worked now. Strange, it didn't in my script.
1x HD200
Old 09-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

mbowling,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Michael,

I've noticed a problem when a message is displayed on the TV from HomeSeer. The intended message will display normally. Then if I leave the message on the TV until another event runs that changes a device status, a new cryptic message is displayed in the same message box as the original message. In this case the message was:

"@HAMONINIT;Garage Interior Door to Garage;Closed" ... <more text> ... "END".
I will take a look at that....one short term solution, would be to put at least some timeout to the message (i.e. 3600 seconds)...

Michael
Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Michael,

I stumbled onto an interesting problem today. I have a HomeSeer event that adjusts the lighting when my HD200 is turned on. This works fine. However, I noticed that when watching a TV show and the "Stop" button is pressed on the remote control, the HomeSeer event will run that automatically adjusts the lighting. I repeated this several times by manually adjusting the lighting, pressing the "Stop" button, and then watching the lights. I also see the event being run in the HomeSeer log file.

I would have never noticed this except sometimes my wife will manually turn on a light to read a book. This is one of the lights that the HomeSeer event turned off when the HD200 was turned on. I press the "Stop" button on the remote control... the reading light turns off... she gives me a dirty look.

Screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg event_trigger.jpg (62.5 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg event_action.jpg (48.4 KB, 322 views)
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to display the caller id using the send message as well as a couple of you.

I was just trying the sendmessage action item and putting in replacement variables. But that didn't work.

So next I'm trying to use a instant script command where A22 holds the text of my caller id name.

&hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " $$DS:A22

If I leave the replacement variable part off, it displays You have a call from

But with the variable nothing displays.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Email68 View Post

So next I'm trying to use a instant script command where A22 holds the text of my caller id name.

&hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " $$DS:A22

If I leave the replacement variable part off, it displays You have a call from

But with the variable nothing displays.
I'm not familiar with "instant script" or the "$$DS:A22" variable.
If you want to retrieve the device string from VBScript you would use hs.DeviceString("A22").

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " & hs.DeviceString("A22")

Last edited by mbowling; 09-16-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I am also not familure with that, however, you can try using a concat operator such as &:

Code:
&hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " & $DS:A22
Old 09-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys. That cleared it up.

How would I get a space between these two variables? One holds the name and the other holds the number.

Quote:
&hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " & hs.DeviceString("A22") & hs.DeviceString("A21"),4
-Tim

Last edited by Email68; 09-17-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How would I get a space between these two variables? One holds the name and the other holds the number.
Add a space in double quotes follow by another concatenation operator.

hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "All Devices","You have a call from " & hs.DeviceString("A22") & " " & hs.DeviceString("A21"),4

Last edited by mbowling; 09-17-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Mike. That worked perfect.

I really need to learn this scripting one day.

Tim
Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm thinking of getting an HD PVR. I already have a bitwise controller on HS. So I was wondering if there is a way using this plug in that sagetv could control a cable box to change channels for recording through the HD PVR.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Email68,

Quote:
I'm thinking of getting an HD PVR. I already have a bitwise controller on HS. So I was wondering if there is a way using this plug in that sagetv could control a cable box to change channels for recording through the HD PVR.
This plugin will allow you to fire a Homeseer event from Sage. That Homeseer event could then trigger something on the Bitwise controller. This may be OK for casual use of tuning the cable box. I could even see creating a Homeseer event that would send the IR signals to turn on the cable box and set it to a channel as part of a Home Theater startup sequence.

However, I do not believe it would make sense to use this Plugin to control channel changes based on Sage TV recording schedules through the HD PVR. The best approach would be to use an IR Blaster of some sort (USB-UIRT) or some other direct connection to the Cable Box from the Sage Server itself (vs. through a server with HomeSeer). In my case, I have a Time Warner cable box that has a firewire connection tied to my Sage Server. When Sage goes to record something it calls out to an external program which uses the firewire to tell the cable box to change channels. It works very well.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks.

That makes more sense. If I persue the purchase of a HD PVR, I'll look into that route.

-Tim
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wish:
HomeSeer script command to initiate a rescan of the SageTV library.
1x HD200
Old 09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
Wish:
HomeSeer script command to initiate a rescan of the SageTV library.
Moskus,

I'll add that to the list, should be doable.....

Michael
Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Having trouble setting up 4 extenders.

When I delete all settings in HS to let Sage assign the ID numbers, I get duplicate ID numbers on different ports.

I also tried to manually add them in HS by assigning different port numbers and of course HS assigned the ID. When I enter the port number in an extender, it uses some different ID number, not the one I manually assigned.

So, I'm having trouble reliably setting up four extenders with unique ID's.

Any help is appreciated!

-Tim
Old 09-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tim,

A few basic questions to get us started.

- Is Sage running as a Service?
- If you start up the Sage UI on the server, does it correctly add an ID in HomeSeer?
- If you start by turning on one extender at a time will it add the first one correctly?

To try correcting, please do the following:

- Shut down Sage
- In HomeSeer go to http://<homeseer name>/InControl_Sage_config
- Click on "Delete All" link
- Start up the Sage Server (if running Sage as a Service start up Sage UI)
- Go to the InControl - can you get through all the settings?
- If so, turn on one extender and follow the above step.

If you are still having problems, it would be very helpful if you can turn on Debug logging in HomeSeer (http://<homeseer name>/InControl_Sage_config and change log level to 3) and Sage (Advanced/Debug Log) try the above steps and send me the log files. Let me know if you need help turning on the logs and finding them.

Michael

Quote:
Having trouble setting up 4 extenders.

When I delete all settings in HS to let Sage assign the ID numbers, I get duplicate ID numbers on different ports.

I also tried to manually add them in HS by assigning different port numbers and of course HS assigned the ID. When I enter the port number in an extender, it uses some different ID number, not the one I manually assigned.

So, I'm having trouble reliably setting up four extenders with unique ID's.

Any help is appreciated!

-Tim
Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Michael,

I tried your steps and still have the same issue of it keeps assigning the same homeseer ID number. For example 1022 to each extender.

I see how to turn on the debug on hs, but I don't know how to do it on sage. I'll try it again and do the logs if you'd like.

Thanks for the help.

-Tim
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Email68,

Are you using Sage TV as a service?

Quote:
Michael,

I tried your steps and still have the same issue of it keeps assigning the same homeseer ID number. For example 1022 to each extender.

I see how to turn on the debug on hs, but I don't know how to do it on sage. I'll try it again and do the logs if you'd like.

Thanks for the help.

-Tim