SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the sage tv log.

I could not locate the homeseer log.

What happened this time was, the system gave the same ID and receive port on the second extender setup.

See the photo attached. It shows the 1001_1 and the 1001_2 both with the same receive port. Those are HD300 extenders. The IP address are correct when I click on them to check.

Hope this helps.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 2.59.52 PM.png (194.2 KB, 285 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (566.2 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by Email68; 10-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, let me look through this. In the mean time for HS, check your setup to make sure debug logging is enabled. See attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Email68 View Post
Here is the sage tv log.

I could not locate the homeseer log.

What happened this time was, the system gave the same ID and receive port on the second extender setup.

See the photo attached. It shows the 1001_1 and the 1001_2 both with the same receive port. Those are HD300 extenders. The IP address are correct when I click on them to check.

Hope this helps.

-Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Temp.jpg (45.2 KB, 249 views)
Old 10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Michael,

Thanks for getting my problems worked out.

Now a feature request. Is there anyway to have the program you are watching keep playing in a smaller window in the corner like it does when browsing main menu or the video menus?

This would be great if you wanted to adjust the lighting w/o the movie pausing.

-Tim
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion. One question, I also had someone suggest having a transparent panel that overlays the bottom portion of the screen to control devices. Which do you think would be better?

Quote:
Michael,

Thanks for getting my problems worked out.

Now a feature request. Is there anyway to have the program you are watching keep playing in a smaller window in the corner like it does when browsing main menu or the video menus?

This would be great if you wanted to adjust the lighting w/o the movie pausing.

-Tim
Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I like the transparency idea better. That would be great.

-Tim
Old 10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
Fixed issue where "Stop" was triggering the Sage On event
Fixed issue that caused the messages appearing on Sage to display internal system messages replacing the actual message
Confirmed that both of these issues have been fixed on my system running InControl 1.3.5.

Quote:
I have added an experimental feature to display pictures in the messages sent to Sage.
I'm using this feature to display a picture of known callers using caller ID. For unknown callers, a picture of a whimsical ringing telephone is displayed. It's working great.

Thank you!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Feature Suggestion

Michael, I'm not sure if this fits into your product road map, but I can see where an alert notification icon in the SageTV menu header might be a useful feature.

I currently send weather alerts, caller ID and other information using SendSageMessageByName, but the messages are only seen if the TV is on. For many messages it is fine if they are not seen because the TV is off. For more important messages it would be nice to have an additional parameter added to the SendSageMessageByID and SendSageMessageByName commands so specific messages could be configured to turn on an alert icon if the TV was not on when the message was sent. Maybe the text of the alert could be viewed in the System Messages section?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great to hear the other items have been fixed. Let me add your idea below to the list. That should be doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Michael, I'm not sure if this fits into your product road map, but I can see where an alert notification icon in the SageTV menu header might be a useful feature.

I currently send weather alerts, caller ID and other information using SendSageMessageByName, but the messages are only seen if the TV is on. For many messages it is fine if they are not seen because the TV is off. For more important messages it would be nice to have an additional parameter added to the SendSageMessageByID and SendSageMessageByName commands so specific messages could be configured to turn on an alert icon if the TV was not on when the message was sent. Maybe the text of the alert could be viewed in the System Messages section?
Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have added an experimental feature to display pictures in the messages sent to Sage.
I noticed one issue when displaying a message that includes a picture. If a show is not playing, the message and picture are displayed normally, but there is no "Close" button to close the message. Selecting "Ok" on the remote does close the message.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Sage User

Hi,

I'm trying out Incontrol. I've successfully set it up on my sageTV server / homeseer computer, but on a PC running sageTV client, when I enter the ip address of the sageTV server in the configuration screen, it always shows it as invalid. Are there any ports/firewall settings I need to configure? (Note that I can bring up the homeseer webpage in a browser of the client computer using the same IP address)

[As another note, I also tried it on another client, and the plugin didn't install correctly (didn't ask to restart UI, and after I manually restarted sageClient, it still didn't show up), so I will need to try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin on this machine.]
Old 10-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Possible bug. When you have one of the extenders show up as an InControl device it properly shows On/Off condition of the extender. It shows when playing and paused and the show title. However, when reach the end of the show the status field goes blank.'

Just an FYI

-Tim
Old 10-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Pvrnorth,

The plugin does use network port (TCP) communication between to/from the HomeSeer server. The best technique is to temporarily turn the firewall off on both the HomeSeer server and the Sage Client/Server and then give it a try. If that resolves your problem, you will want to allow in/out TCP communication of ports 10990-10993 between HomeSeer and Sage Client/Server.

If you still have problems after temporarily disabling the firewall on both servers/PCs, just let me know.

For the install, it almost seems like the plugin did not fully download, so uninstalling and reinstalling is a good first step.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrnorth View Post
Hi,

I'm trying out Incontrol. I've successfully set it up on my sageTV server / homeseer computer, but on a PC running sageTV client, when I enter the ip address of the sageTV server in the configuration screen, it always shows it as invalid. Are there any ports/firewall settings I need to configure? (Note that I can bring up the homeseer webpage in a browser of the client computer using the same IP address)

[As another note, I also tried it on another client, and the plugin didn't install correctly (didn't ask to restart UI, and after I manually restarted sageClient, it still didn't show up), so I will need to try to uninstall and reinstall the plugin on this machine.]
Old 10-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tim,

Can you try to deleting the device by clicking "Delete Device" and then just re-check the "Create as HomeSeer Device" and clicking Save. I believe the issue came from when I upgraded versions and added new values/graphics and it is not properly detecting the change on startup to reset them.

Let me know.
Thanks.

Quote:
Possible bug. When you have one of the extenders show up as an InControl device it properly shows On/Off condition of the extender. It shows when playing and paused and the show title. However, when reach the end of the show the status field goes blank.'

Just an FYI

-Tim
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mike,

How big is the picture you are sending and how many lines of text is in the messagebox on Sage? Just wondering if the Close button is going off the bottom of the screen?

Let me know, this one should be pretty easy to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
I noticed one issue when displaying a message that includes a picture. If a show is not playing, the message and picture are displayed normally, but there is no "Close" button to close the message. Selecting "Ok" on the remote does close the message.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How big is the picture you are sending and how many lines of text is in the messagebox on Sage? Just wondering if the Close button is going off the bottom of the screen?
One picture was 1600 x 1200 and the other was 600 x 600. Both were used with one line of text. I was unable to see the Close button with either picture. I created a test image that was 10 x 10 and I could see the Close button.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Sage User

Hi Michael,

Disabling the firewall on the homeseer/sage server worked (win7) worked for my windows 7 client pc, but not my windows xp client pc.

But when I re-enabled the firewall with 10990-10993 TCP ports open, the windows 7 client was unable to connect as well. It fails right when it asks for the name/ip of the server, even before you can specify the sockets. Is something else used for this first step that I need to open up in the firewall? (I also tried enabling 10990-10993 UDP ports)

For the windows xp client, when I try to connect, the homeseer log from incontrol is reporting that it can't communicate with a 169.*.*.* IP address, but all of my PCs have IPs of 192.168.2.*

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Pvrnorth,

The plugin does use network port (TCP) communication between to/from the HomeSeer server. The best technique is to temporarily turn the firewall off on both the HomeSeer server and the Sage Client/Server and then give it a try. If that resolves your problem, you will want to allow in/out TCP communication of ports 10990-10993 between HomeSeer and Sage Client/Server.

If you still have problems after temporarily disabling the firewall on both servers/PCs, just let me know.

For the install, it almost seems like the plugin did not fully download, so uninstalling and reinstalling is a good first step.

Michael
Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Sage User

Ok, I figured out why my XP client couldn't connect even with the firewall disabled. It has two Network adapters. The 169.* adapter is for VPN software, and the 192.* adapter is the real local network that incontrol is using. Seems it is sending the IP address for the adapter it isn't using. When I disable the 169.* adapter it works. Is this something that can be fixed?

I still can't figure out the problem with my server's firewall. When the private firewall is disabled, Incontrol can logon, but when the firewall is enabled it can't. If I logon with the firewall disabled, and then enable it, the client can control homeseer until I shutdown SageClient, and then start it again. At this point it can't reconnect. Any ideas on what to allow in the firewall?

Thanks,
Jeff

Quote:
Hi Michael,

Disabling the firewall on the homeseer/sage server worked (win7) worked for my windows 7 client pc, but not my windows xp client pc.

But when I re-enabled the firewall with 10990-10993 TCP ports open, the windows 7 client was unable to connect as well. It fails right when it asks for the name/ip of the server, even before you can specify the sockets. Is something else used for this first step that I need to open up in the firewall? (I also tried enabling 10990-10993 UDP ports)

For the windows xp client, when I try to connect, the homeseer log from incontrol is reporting that it can't communicate with a 169.*.*.* IP address, but all of my PCs have IPs of 192.168.2.*

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Sage User

Hi Michael,

Any suggestions on how to fix my firewall issues?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Hello

I have tested this great software and i have some questions:

I have added one sagetv client and when it's on everything works great but when the client is off i get about 20 sec delay. Is this normal for everyone ?

I have tryed "Advanced Options: Delete All" and added the client again but same result.

Here is the log showing the delay:

Code:
2010-10-29 18:49:04   Info  Device: TellStick Sovrum taklampa (H1) (A16) ON 
2010-10-29 18:49:23   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Exiting HSEvent 
2010-10-29 18:49:23   TellStick  ----------First In Queue---------1 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   TellStick  Sovrum taklampa (H1) Slogs på... 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering HSEvent 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_GetStatus 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_SendMessage 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  Ping Started 192.168.0.2 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  Ping Completed 192.168.0.2 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  Sending Init 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_ProcessMessage_InitDevice 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  TRACE: Entering modMain_SendCommandTCP 
2010-10-29 18:49:24   InControl_Sage  modMain_SendCommandTCP: Message=INIT;8781;2 Sovrum Taklampa;2 Sovrum;Taklampa;On;2010-10-29 18:49;-1;light;N;Y;light_on.gif;100;2;;END
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Jeff,

Does your homeseer and win 7/xp clients have static IP addresses or dynamic (DHCP addresses)?

Quote:
Hi Michael,

Any suggestions on how to fix my firewall issues?

Thanks,
Jeff