SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
Isn't there a property you can set in Sage that allows you to run certain functions automatically at start up of Sage? That would be even better because then even if you just do a restart of Sage as opposed to a complete server restart, then you would also all the clients power up.....
You're thinking of the old V6 way of installing backend plugins, which required editing the properties file. In V7 this manual editing step is no longer necessary; the plugins are started automatically by the plugin manager. But either way, you still need a plugin to do the job of actually waking up extenders.

As I said in an earlier post, this sort of plugin is on my to-do list, but I'm making no promises about a timeframe in which it will get done.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Isn't there an option in the windows services panel that allows you to "Run this on service startup"? Point that at your batch file and you should be good to go, no?
I checked, no such option, on Windows 7 at least. It only has a spot to run a program if the service crashes.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelkenny View Post
I checked, no such option, on Windows 7 at least. It only has a spot to run a program if the service crashes.
Doh... that's what the panel I was thinking of. My mistake.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamVimes2 View Post
This is my #1 complaint about the HD200 - if it loses connection it just shuts off and has to be restarted with the IR remote.

If the HD300 fixes this I would immediately buy 3 to replace my HD200s.

Thanks for any feedback!
To anyone who comes across this thread, this is now solved, at least for my purposes, by Fonceur's great SageTCPServer (requires v 2.1.7 or greater). When the plugin starts (usually when SageTV starts) it automatically boots up any extenders it knows about.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update. I installed the Tallus SageTCPServer (v2.2.1) and after getting the ports squared away, my extenders (one HD200 and one HD300) boot up after a server restart.

One less WAF detractor...

Last edited by mangriotis; 04-18-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Sage Expert

I just have CQC automatically restart my extenders if the stop...
I would guess you could do the same thing with any automation app, or some such...