SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Two plugins editing the same widget

How can two plugins edit the same widget? In the default STV there is a conditional widget that determines if a panel in the header will be displayed. The widget looks like this:

Code:
if (NTEState != null) || (!GetProperty("jusjoken/video_lib_include_watched_videos", true)) || (AlertLevel > 0) || IsDoingLibraryImportScan() || (Size(GetCurrentlyRecordingMediaFiles()) > 0) || (Size(GetAiringsThatWontBeRecorded(false)) > 0) || (GetProperty("show_mouse_icons", true) && IsDesktopUI())
A panel widget is the child of this conditional widget.

One of my plugins and another plugin both need to add to the expression. The problem seems to be that the last plugin that is installed (in this case the CVF plugin by jusjoken) removes the expression inserted by the first plugin (mine).

So how can the second plugin add to the expression without removing what the first put in?

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't believe there's a clean way to do it. The 'correct' way would be for each to add their own conditional and if they need to display the panel, the 'true' branch would point to a reference of the panel. That way, either would be able to 'get-r-done'. This works for an 'OR' type situation, where any of the multiple items can cause the panel to display. Now, on the other hand, if you need AND capabilities, it'd be more difficult.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah i would just add another true branch and then my condition.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Two approaches to consider, thanks.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Administrator

When you run into things like this, let me know.

I made a to-do item for v7.1 (no more v7.0 STV changes unless they are really needed) to add some code that will allow multiple customizations to add their own icons to the header w/o having to modify that conditional. It will probably be a LayoutStarted hook w/a variable like AddCustomHeaderIcon initially set to false & then any customizations could add a child to that widget changing it to true... I think that would solve it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Andy,

That sounds like it will work well. I'll hold off making any changes until you implement that. Let me know if you need any help testing because I have several plugins that will need to be modified to take advantage of the change.

Tom

Old 10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Sage Icon

I posted a similar thread a while back.

Basically, the only other solution was to not use the built-in STVi generator from Studio, but instead build your import mostly-manually using the Studio Tools plugin. Then you could put code in the import to check for the existence of the other plug-in. You would still have to be sure that your "smarter" plug-in gets installed last.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 10-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Tiki: If that is still an issue, send me a PM with the menu in question so I have an email & can look into a possible STV change later on.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
That sounds like it will work well. I'll hold off making any changes until you implement that. Let me know if you need any help testing because I have several plugins that will need to be modified to take advantage of the change.
Please check out the STV change to support this in the v7.0.23.1, 2010120101, STV update and let me know if there are issues with this change.

- Andy