SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Sage User

I have a Motorola DCH-3200 STB and am running STV v7. I was using EXEMultiTunerPlugin, but was having a problem where whenever comskip was running, there was a llikely chance that tuning a 3-digit channel would miss the 2nd digit. So instead of tuning 806, I was get channel 86. When comskip was not running, it always worked perfectly.

I tried dropping the process priority of comskip, but that didn't make a difference.

This started me searching for another tuning solution and brought me here.

With my DCH-3200 and SageChanger, I must use -f 7 to get it to work. strangely, if I have the STB powered off and go to watch live TV, SageChanger tunes the channel but misses the 2nd digit...weird. So I just leaving the STB on.

I do have one question though... Is there any way to get rid of the DOS box that pops up when SageChanger runs?

Also, I never made the changes in sage.properties, but it is working. Is there any potential problem here?
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

In the next week or two I am going to finally put this program to use. It appears that one of my SA3250HDs is dying. A couple of years ago I tried using a SA4250HD with my system and it didn't work. I don't know if I needed the updated exdeus drivers or what the problem was.

For those of you using firewire with a 4250HD which drivers did you use? Did you use the original drivers or updated drivers.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
In the next week or two I am going to finally put this program to use. It appears that one of my SA3250HDs is dying. A couple of years ago I tried using a SA4250HD with my system and it didn't work. I don't know if I needed the updated exdeus drivers or what the problem was.

For those of you using firewire with a 4250HD which drivers did you use? Did you use the original drivers or updated drivers.
Hi,

I am using Timmmoore firestb.msi package, google is your friend
Mike
Capture: 2 HD-PVRs + SA4250HDs
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Using SageChanger v0.2 Beta on a Motoroloa QIP7100 (FIOS box)

-p doesn't work, it always thinks it's on, verified with a -q, even when power is off. I can work around this since I make sure to run a script to turn on the SB every morning at about 5am. Channel changing works with both -f 6 and -f 7, but 6 is preferred of course.

What I was hoping for was the ability to press enter when you use -f 6. Since channel.dll drops leading 0's, I would love to see something that can pass "channel 0570, then the 'enter'" command, in 1 command. I'm not sure if it's possible, but I was hoping.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

A big thumbs up for this app. I rebuilt my Sage server and I found this app very useful - especially since I couldn't get the channel.exe program to successfully work on my SA4250HD but SageChange with the -f 4 option worked great.

FYI - I had to use the exdeus drivers as the original Tim M Moore ones don't seem to recognize the 4250HD boxes properly.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
A big thumbs up for this app. I rebuilt my Sage server and I found this app very useful - especially since I couldn't get the channel.exe program to successfully work on my SA4250HD but SageChange with the -f 4 option worked great.

FYI - I had to use the exdeus drivers as the original Tim M Moore ones don't seem to recognize the 4250HD boxes properly.
Great!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Sage User

SageChanger works with Motorola DCX3200

Thanks for a great app! I now have SageChanger set up with 2 Motorola DCX3200s (attached to HD-PVRs) on Windows 7. The STBs shut themselves off after a few hours, so the -p switch is extremely handy. In case anyone else wants to do the same, I used ExDeus' STB Firewire Driver Package and forced installation of the DCH3200 driver. To tune, I'm using the following command:

SageChanger -n %DEVICE% -f 7 -c %CHANNEL% -p

It's only been a day so far, but channel changes (including power on) have been quick and reliable.

Last edited by behaviodoc; 01-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Great!, I use SageChanger since october with my SA 4200HD and it is rock solid since then!

Mike
Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Sage User

BSOD on meistb using Firewire and more than 1 cablebox

I keep getting BSODs on meistb.sys after restarting my machine. This only occurs when I have more than 1 cable box hooked up through firewire. The BSOD is not immediate; the machine starts fine then about 1 minute later; boom! I use firewire for channel change only. I've installed following ExDeus<http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/stbfirewire/> and using DCH3200s on Comcast. Running on Windows 7. Anyone have experience with this? Is my only choice to go to IR for more than 1 box? Does the SageChanger do anything to the base timmoore/ExDeus meistb.sys that might address this issue?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antpowers View Post
I keep getting BSODs on meistb.sys after restarting my machine. This only occurs when I have more than 1 cable box hooked up through firewire. The BSOD is not immediate; the machine starts fine then about 1 minute later; boom! I use firewire for channel change only. I've installed following ExDeus<http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/stbfirewire/> and using DCH3200s on Comcast. Running on Windows 7. Anyone have experience with this? Is my only choice to go to IR for more than 1 box? Does the SageChanger do anything to the base timmoore/ExDeus meistb.sys that might address this issue?
First usually, BSOD occurred when using an wrong ID, so It will send command to another device... Second, try using another command set with -f switch... If still BSOD that a driver issue. Sorry...

Mike
Old 02-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep View Post
First usually, BSOD occurred when using an wrong ID, so It will send command to another device... Second, try using another command set with -f switch... If still BSOD that a driver issue. Sorry...

Mike
Many thanks for the response. Checked multiple times on the ID front so agreed, probably a driver issue. Hoping to widdle down the problem more and find the culprit.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Hi Mike,

Just joined the forum and i am a very happy user of Sagechanger.
On one of your post you mention you could add a new switch to turn ON or OFF the STB.
I can now see a utility for it. From time to time my HDPVR stops working and needs a power off/on to be reset. if I plug my HDPVR at the back of my 4250HD inlet i could then reset the HDPVR.
This would make life easier. I could remotely turn on and off the 4250HD to reset the HDPVR.

Thanks

Louis
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisM View Post
Hi Mike,

Just joined the forum and i am a very happy user of Sagechanger.
On one of your post you mention you could add a new switch to turn ON or OFF the STB.
I can now see a utility for it. From time to time my HDPVR stops working and needs a power off/on to be reset. if I plug my HDPVR at the back of my 4250HD inlet i could then reset the HDPVR.
This would make life easier. I could remotely turn on and off the 4250HD to reset the HDPVR.

Thanks

Louis
That is a great idea! I wish I would have thought of it. So we just need a power off switch added to implement, correct?

Wayne
i5-6400, MSI B150M Micro ATX MB, 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 - WD Green 2TB SATA Drives, Lite-On SATA 4X Blu-ray Reader, Corsair 400W 80+ Power Supply, Silverstone Sugo SG02-BF MicroATX Case, Windows 10 (64), HDHR Dual X2, Quatro and Prime, 5 x HD300 + 2 x HD100
Old 07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Sage User

I'm trying to use Sagechanger on a windows 7 32 bit PC. i've installed the fire wire driver - obtained the unique id of the STB (4250) and i'm able to change channels directly running the sagechanger exe. The problem is the exemultituner will not call the command listed in the registery. I've edited and re edited the registey - adding debug calls to notepad ect and i just can't get the exemultitunner or exetuner to call any other program. Is there some kind of security setting in windows 7 that doesn't allow one program to call anouther? I looked for the %DEVICE% and %CHANNEL% environmental variables and they are not being created / set. I have the UAC disabled and everything is installed in c:\Sagetv. When i setup the tuners, i can select the exemultituner and exetuner so i know sage is seeing the dll. when i run the batch file with sagechanger with it's variables hardcoded it changes channels fine. if i create the enviromental variables %DEVICE% and %CHANNEL% and manually set them it works great, The problem seems to be with the exemultituner plugin itself. Any idea what i'm
doing wrong.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Sage User

i think i'm making progress - i configured the service (logged in as administrator) to allow interaction with the desktop. Now I'm getting this error in the event viewer "The SageTV service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly." and guess what it doesn't function properly. Now how do I "configure the system to allow interactive services" ? Thanks nlkelly
Old 11-02-2013, 12:01 PM

[Necrobump...]

MikeP, I thought you might like to know that SageChanger has a life outside of Sage: I'm using it to change channels on a pair of Shaw DCT-6200s here in Vancouver, using NextPVR as my TV server. Works great! Thanks!

Unfortunately, NextPVR has a few issues of its own, and I'm currently testing MediaPortal (with the IR Server Suite plugin) to see if that solves my problems. Long story short(er), MP solves my recording problems, but isn't able to handle SageChanger properly to give reliable channel changes.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to release the source code for SageChanger, would you?

With the source, it would be easier to have the MediaPortal / IRSS developers add support for FireWire channel changing, and a whole non-Sage community would have you to thank....
Old 06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

any idea where to download the sagechanger.exe file? The only reference here is a beta.zip file, but it's actually a php file, and I have no idea what that means, sadly
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-28-2014, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
any idea where to download the sagechanger.exe file? The only reference here is a beta.zip file, but it's actually a php file, and I have no idea what that means, sadly
The link in the first post worked for me. I downloaded a zip file when I clicked on the link and the .exe is inside when I look.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
The link in the first post worked for me. I downloaded a zip file when I clicked on the link and the .exe is inside when I look.
when I look the only thing inside is a php file
any thoughts?

UPDATE: thanks, with your post, I renamed the file from attachment.php to attachment.zip, and lo and behold, sagechanger was inside. Weird
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 06-28-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
forgot to ask - I'm attempting to get a new, HD cable set top box working for channel change only. It's a Scientific Atlanta 4742 (Cisco).
Problem: the AV/C Panel shows up in device manager as "Other Devices", and I can't seem to find any drivers to make it become functional.
Any ideas?