SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Features Requiring Points - Get them?

There is a growing number of features being released by MyMovies.dk and many of them are requiring points (no longer can get any backdrops for free). I know many of these features may be *more applicable* to Windows Media Center, but could you recommend any we really should get? I know you're developing for alternate fanart sources and surely have in mind your own bag of goodies, but here are some that are interesting to me:
  • Online Backdrops 1080P (1000 points) - I really miss this feature. I think BMT can help with this, but it is nice to get the backdrops as the movie is entered in the collection.
  • Similar Titles (2500 points) - I have the "Info Panel" in mind while writing this one down; are you planning on leveraging this tool for "Similar Titles" or are you going to use some other matching scheme?
  • Copy Disc (1,250 points) - Feature available for Windows Media Center, essentially a wrapper in the form of an executable similar to this one created by KJake. It would be really awesome to have this feature as part of SMM.
  • External Players (1250 points) - I'm guessing we can leverage the "External Apps" plugin to accomplish this, but I don't think it integrates with SMM (?). An expanded thought to simply allowing playback using a different program is having SMM recognize when a movie is in the drive and provide an option from there (either Copy or Play within Sage or External).
  • Play Movie (2500 points) - I'm not sure how relevant this one is on its own, but it would also be a nice addition if the "Play Movie in Drive" option I snuck in the bullet above ever comes to fruition.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBox View Post
[list][*]Online Backdrops 1080P (1000 points) - I really miss this feature. I think BMT can help with this, but it is nice to get the backdrops as the movie is entered in the collection.
Agreed and remember 750 gets you 720p backdrops if you are only using an extender that is all you are going to get anyways. As well as this will get you Posters at this level.
Quote:
[*]Similar Titles (2500 points) - I have the "Info Panel" in mind while writing this one down; are you planning on leveraging this tool for "Similar Titles" or are you going to use some other matching scheme?
Already done hit favorite on any movie to see similar titles there is currently no point requirement but that will change if mymovies ever tells me how to parse ones point level at that stage.

Quote:
[*]Copy Disc (1,250 points) - Feature available for Windows Media Center, essentially a wrapper in the form of an executable similar to this one created by KJake. It would be really awesome to have this feature as part of SMM.
Auto ripping IMHO is the best feature of MyMovies I use it daily just stick a disc in my WHS and it rips automatically fetching the metadata based of disc id.

It is on the long list to have a spot in the UI to monitor current ripping status from a WHS machine only.

Quote:
[*]External Players (1250 points) - I'm guessing we can leverage the "External Apps" plugin to accomplish this, but I don't think it integrates with SMM (?). An expanded thought to simply allowing playback using a different program is having SMM recognize when a movie is in the drive and provide an option from there (either Copy or Play within Sage or External).
Already in the latest build see play options and must have sage launch the external plugin available. This requires no points as I don't use mymovies method.

As for the other lets just say I am aware....
[*]Play Movie (2500 points) - I'm not sure how relevant this one is on its own, but it would also be a nice addition if the "Play Movie in Drive" option I snuck in the bullet above ever comes to fruition.
[/QUOTE]

hmm wouldn't that be nice ....Code is already in there but no time to test it so it isn't activated it even fetches metadata for the disc in the drive and displays it a the first movie . Like I said just lack of time to test and debug it. Also this is not point required as I do this with my own code as well.

All in all if you don't care about the ripping automatically $20 can get you pretty much all you need. Now when you get into using the upcoming ipad and iphone apps like I do more points are required.

Just remember to send me $10 when you pay them $20
Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Auto ripping IMHO is the best feature of MyMovies I use it daily just stick a disc in my WHS and it rips automatically fetching the metadata based of disc id.

It is on the long list to have a spot in the UI to monitor current ripping status from a WHS machine only.
While you're already in there working on the WHS version, why not include a little more code to make it compatible for those of us wanting to copy and monitor progress of discs on the server /standalone client?

Quote:
hmm wouldn't that be nice ....Code is already in there but no time to test it so it isn't activated it even fetches metadata for the disc in the drive and displays it a the first movie . Like I said just lack of time to test and debug it. Also this is not point required as I do this with my own code as well.
I am going to go ahead and read more into these lines and say: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! ... Can't wait!

Quote:
Just remember to send me $10 when you pay them $20
Seems like there may be a day where I won't need to pay them $10 and can happily send you the full $30...

Thanks again and please keep up the excellent work!